It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia's Conspiracies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I wasn't sure where this should go so i put it here.

Anyway, I was at school today, I'm not sure how the conversation came up, but we started talking about Conspiracies. We soon realized that none of the conspiracies had anything to do with Australia.

I was wondering, Why does America have so many Conspiracies? are other countries just better at hiding them?

Does Australia have any conspiracies? there has to be some.

EDIT: This doesn't include UFO sightings.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by iced_blue]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
There's a few Australian conspiracies.

Harold Holt's drowning
Port Arthur killings
Pine Gap
Plus several good UFO stories.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Harold Holt, Port Arthur Massacre, Gough Whitlam dismissal.
Pine Gap ... etc etc

The link below is the Alex Jones show with an Aussie and an American who are making a new conspiracy show in Australia. They mention a couple of the above.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 23/2/09 by realist00]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I forgot about those.

but in comparison to other countries we don't realy have that many.

What was "pine gap"?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by iced_blue

I forgot about those.

but in comparison to other countries we don't realy have that many.

What was "pine gap"?

We are a smaller country for starters, and have only been considered 'civilised' for 230 odd years.

Pine Gap IS a US Military Base near Alice Springs. It has been said for many years that there is strange activity around that region, and the fact they use nuclear power (which is against Australian law).

Look it up.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by realist00

I'm researching it now.

I found this..

wenty kilometres outside of Alice Springs is Pine Gap, or ‘The Joint Defence Space Research Facility’ as it is officially known. Pine Gap brought the Cold War to Australia and its history is one of secrecy marked by numerous protests - including the time the locals rode their bicycles onto the landing strip to disrupt the landing of a huge plane.

GEORGE NEGUS: Well, despite its remoteness and isolation the Red Centre of this country is not quarantined from the vagaries of global politics. In the late 1960s, the then prime minister, Harold Holt, entered into an agreement with the Americans that led to the establishment of a top secret base just outside the Alice, at Pine Gap. The Joint Defence Space Research Facility, as it's officially known, brought the communist versus non-communist Cold War to this country, along with the odd protester or two.

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
How about the Port Arthur Massacre?

There are those who believe that it was a covert op to take away gun rights due to the shots fired to kill ratio in such a short time by an inexperienced shooter.

Wouldn't surprise me, as it always seemed a little off to me. But we all know that the government wouldn't want to disarm us for any reason...

I also believe that they fluoridate the water there too...and have GMO foods...I know these aren't the typical conspiracies on the scale of JFK, 9/11, or Iran-Contra, but I have always felt that the covert poisoning of a population with the approval of govt was a big enough conspiracy without a trigger-man.

on that note, have you looked at your food labels lately? Soy products are in the top 5 in almost freaking everything!!!

I would love to hear some other Aussie conspiracies or even the rumor/theory so I could do more research, but that's what I have off the top of my copper mesh-covered head.

Here's an ATS thread on the Port Arthur Massacre: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by iced_blue

Here's a couple of threads to start with:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I often think of Australia as a sort of "modeled" country.

In my time living there you can see that the best parts of other countries are combined in Australia.
Also, Australia copies other countries...but usually has the chance to watch that other country fail first, and thus has the ability to correct mistakes.

I think that Australia has simply watched America screw up with their cover up tactics and has developed even better and superior ways to keep the truth out of the minds of their small population.

A smaller population is much easily managed and controlled.

Just because the dodgyness is not easily seen does not mean it isn't actually there.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
How about the latest?

Trading Debt for Natural Resources with China?

Think there's anything to that?

Rio Tinto, OZ Minerals China Sales Probed by Australia Antitrust Regulator
www.bloomberg.com...

Fortescue Metals Confirms Talks With China's Wealth Fund, Steelmaker Valin
www.bloomberg.com...

top topics

join