It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insulting UFO article on Yahoo! News

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Or maybe is that that some in the "believer" and "fence" crowd have already got used to wack assumptions by people in the field of science that over the years have try to ridicule the UFO phenomena.

I mean at some point you develop some thick skin.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by atsbeliever

They seem to think these sprites can form into solid metal spheres and triangles..maybe not. What a joke.

You didn't know that? Well, they are associated with swamp gas, which escaped from the Planet Venus, The Reptillians brought it here, disguised themselves as Congressmen, passed a few bailout bills, then turned themselves into metal triangles, and went off to Niburu to meet their fellow aliens. I hear they're coming back and will cross the Mexican border at night, because someone told them that is how aliens get into the US.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
In defense of my beloved Yahoo! the story originated from Space.com

Blame them for any disinformation there may be in the story.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Perhaps some of the sightings can be attributed to this phenomena, but not even close to all.

When someone films a strange array of lights not anywhere near a storm, that move slowly and for a period of time, no... these are not sprites.

I'd not let this bother you. If some ufo footage is so short and erratic and questionable so that a spite (or ball lightning among other things) could be attributed to it, it's fairly worthless as ufo sightings go anyways. Only the most desperate who find it a necessity to explain away ALL UFO sightings with a natural explanation, even if it does not fit in any way, would try to explain away most legitimate sightings with this sort of theory.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
It annoys the hell out of me, they just throw this out there not even comparing cases to make their case. Science demands proof of a theory when it comes to UFO's, equally if your gonna debunk bring your box of proof too or shut the heck up. This poor excuse for a story is no less valid, even less so, than solid eye witness's to mass sightings over phoenix (or name your case!)
Yet its deemed 'news worthy' enough to publish.

Whenever we think disclosure is close, things like this happen which just make the the thought of it even more distant...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Yea I bet if you ask 100 ordinary people if they have seen a 'sprite' 100% of them will look at you funny and tell you stop drinking.

Ask 100 ordinary people if they have seen a bonafide UFO (something that wasn't a plane, or satellite ect) I think you may get a few testimony's.

Originally posted by fleabit
Perhaps some of the sightings can be attributed to this phenomena, but not even close to all.

When someone films a strange array of lights not anywhere near a storm, that move slowly and for a period of time, no... these are not sprites.

I'd not let this bother you. If some ufo footage is so short and erratic and questionable so that a spite (or ball lightning among other things) could be attributed to it, it's fairly worthless as ufo sightings go anyways. Only the most desperate who find it a necessity to explain away ALL UFO sightings with a natural explanation, even if it does not fit in any way, would try to explain away most legitimate sightings with this sort of theory.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretstash
In defense of my beloved Yahoo! the story originated from Space.com

Yes, and all we know how biased 'space.com' are. They admittedly lean in favor of 'skepticism'.

Why don't Yahoo, show an article from a pro-UFO biased angle as well? .. Wouldn't it be fair, to present the other view as well?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by atsbeliever
And I have never ever heard of or met someone who has actually witnessed a 'sprite' don't you have to be up at like 20,000 feet?!

Not at all.

While sprites do form above thunderstorms, they can be seen from the ground. They have been documented since at least 1886, two decades before the first flight. Sprites can be dozens of miles big, and visible from hundreds of miles away.

Sprites seen from ground level

More sprites seen from ground level

And yet another.

And still yet another

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
reply to post by Majorion

It is a classic tactic. Use a very popular medium, such as a magazine, tv show or website. Word it up with some fancy theories by some unknown but reputable phd and your set to slam and bam the gullable into believing an elephant can hang by holding a daisy by its trunk off a cliff.

Cheers!!!!

You`re absolutely right!
But it works both ways too.
Thats also the way the other side of the fence does it , and obviously the way scammers to it too. See Jonathan Rutter and others.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
Why don't Yahoo, show an article from a pro-UFO biased angle as well? .. Wouldn't it be fair, to present the other view as well?
That's the problem with articles like this, as this was not an article about UFOs they do not have to show the other view as well, because if there is a "other view" about it it would be about the sprites, not the UFOs themselves.

These small sentences in the middle of an article are much used by the media, some time in the future I am sure we will see quotes from that article saying that scientists say that UFOs are sprites, when in fact what it says is that this particular scientist "suggested" that this could explain "some" UFO cases, you can see that they do not even quote him directly.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It sure is natural.
Natural for man made flying machines to fly.
The Tesla conspiracy continues.
They never lie but never tell the truth.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
The other day, I was reading another article on 'Yahoo' that said that UFOs were actually b-2's and other "secret military craft".

So two different debunking attempts in one week alone.

Yes,maybe they're related and these articles are 'time released' to the masses to subtly reinforce the notion that 'UFOs are just a lot of silly nonsense'.
Or it could of course be an innocent coincedence.

If you've not seen it already,Terry Hansen makes some very interesting points in this film about manipulation,disinformation,suppression,conditioning and censorship
of the UFO subject within corporate media:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Cheers

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Yahoo has just jumped on the UFO band wagon as a government media
front for the Tesla conspiracy.

Sure they are good at miss information, trained since 1945 and before.

Yahoo would missed Bill Lyne's UFO web page until he complained.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
I have seen red sprites during a particularly strong August T-storm in upstate NY probably around 12-15 years ago.

While it was unbelievably fascinating to watch, and very beautiful, I don't think it matched what most people state they have seen when discussing UFOs.

The lights I saw during the storm were like red balls that would appear intermittently and were pretty clearly part of the weather system. They didn't "fly around" or move but rather flashed in and out.

I don't think they're a valid explanation for the phenomena people see in the sky at all. They are their own phenomenon,yes, but quite different from what people report at UFO sightings.

Apples and oranges imo.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I saw the exact same things when I was standing on a hotel roof in Lhasa in Tibet in august of 2003, looking at an intense thunderstorm with my mother-in-law, who worked in Tibet at the time. I saw 6 of them in all, those red-orange sprites/balls. They did indeed look to be a weather phenomenon, albeit a rare one. From where I was standing, they had the texture of lightning, even if they were just small balls. The only strange thing was that when blinked in and out like clockwork, those 6 did. The first four in a line, one after another, then the last 2 on a line below the first four. The blinking process went something like this: When the 3rd one was blinking into existence the 1st one had almost totally faded away again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join