It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Growing Detention Network

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This link takes you to an interactive NY Times map of immigration detention centers around the US. No surprise that the majority of the large detention centers are privately run.

www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 23-2-2009 by milesp]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
No, that makes sense since it would legally alleviate federal responsibility for anything that happened within the facilities and also would not appear as part of state or federal budgets. I;d still like to know why a lot of these people are here: I'm pretty sure it isn't always economic but judging by the situation that has escalated in Mexico alone in the past few months I really feel sorry for a lot of them facing deportation. You know they are doomed no matter which way they go, the drug traffickers and human smugglers will nail a lot of them or they'll get caught coming back again. Grim situation at any rate.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by milesp
This link takes you to an interactive NY Times map of immigration detention centers around the US. No surprise that the majority of the large detention centers are privately run.

www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 23-2-2009 by milesp]

This list is not totally accurate. I know of a couple that are in fact F.E.M.A. operated facilities that are not even mentioned on this list. I will not mention where these are because I may divulge info that I shouldn't, but I do know that the list, at the very least is not complete. There are many more than are listed...sabre11004...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by milesp

How does this have anything to do with Area51 in anyway?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision
reply to post by milesp

How does this have anything to do with Area51 in anyway?

Because its Area 51 and other Facilities.

Coast to Coast AM recently had some pictures of a detention center that was just built in the middle of the desert in Arizona. Here is the link. And a pic

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/27802bd91eaa.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Here is the in-depth tour one good citizen made of the "FEMA CAMPZ" in my area, complete with body-snatcher zombie-coffins!!! ZOMG!!!

YASFCR (Yet another stupid fema camp rumor)

new topics

top topics

join