It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Because of the Chimp Cartoon, I must Educate!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Op,
You’re partly right, of course, but please don’t try to say there are no racists here! The internet has always been a safe haven for bigots too.

If only it was just for the knee-jerk reactions, this cartoon saga could have fade away faster, but the thing is when you get the real racists adding fuel to the fire with their prejudices. The shameless blatant display of racism one here is mind-blowing at times. And the most insulting is that those bigots think nobody will understand their “coded language”.

One thing I find strikingly funny is when it comes to music culturally. Blacks are always associated with gangster rap, as always the most negative. What about Jazz, rock? You may say: oh well they identify themselves with gangster rap! But you know they’ve done other genres. So why always focus on the negative? Even the dumbest mind would have to know that not all whites were pro-slavery, not all Germans were Nazis, and not all Arabs are terrorist. Maybe those who demand intellectual wisdom should do a little intellect efforts on their part and not take advantage of other’s misfortune in life. All ethnicities/nations go through phases in history. Maybe the poor dumb black stereotype you comfort yourself in today will die out to become the leader of humanity tomorrow. Maybe the Africa you know today will be different tomorrow. Maybe the superiority you delude yourself in today will show itself to be just that: an illusion.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by northof8

Perhaps people overreacted to the cartoon, but your calling Sharpton a baboon is certainly a racist statement. What happened to the big push against hate speech on ats???? I hit the alert button on your stupid and racist post. Whether or not you are a bigot remains to be seen, but that post is certainly racist and hate speech. How sad for you to allow yourself to be seen in this way. Unless of course you have no problem with that sort of thing!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I agree with the OP on this one. If people understood the basic working of Government they would have realized that Obama was not the sole target of the cartoon. I thought it was pretty clear. The govt is supposed to be the servant of the people but instead it behaves like a wild animal and does what it chooses regardless of the damage it causes. red

[edit on 2/24/2009 by redhead57]

SM2

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I say that the real racist in this whole thing are people like Al Sharpton and his supporters. It's people like him that keep racial tensions high. If people would not lable almost everything as racist there would be no more racism, but they need to line thier pockets with cash and people need someone to blame thier current situation on, because heaven forbid we can blame ourselves for our problems. It's a cartoon people, get over it. Did it effect your life in any way other than something to complain about? Even if it were meant as a racist cartoon, which I am sure it was not, it was within the artist's rights to create it if he wished it so. How is that any different then Eddie Griffin, Katt Williams, Martin Lawrence etc crackin jokes on white people? Get a grip people, its only racist if you see things according to race.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

Thank you for your response, and you hit it on the head. If the people understood Government and how it operated this would never have been more than a NY Post Editorial Cartoon.

This is why I put the thread up, but if you look at the other thread on the racism issue of it you can see that my Education is coming slowly, Thanks for your help and input.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by wazar
see it here.

Thank you!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

hit the nail right on the head!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>