It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Soldiers not getting Paid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
After a wasteful war like Iraq, in the 100s of billions, costing $200 million a day.... Im not surprised the government is now finding it hard to fork out the cash to the very soldiers that were deemed "patriots" in 2003 by the last administration.... and look what the last administration left... cant even pay own soldiers now.

Unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
For what it's worth, soldiers are going to be affected a lot less from lack of a bonus than anyone else.

Clothes credit? Check. Food paid for? All meals? Check. Your RENT paid for? Checkity check. Utilities? Medical? Covered.

I was able to save and splurge more than any other time, when I was a soldier.

So while yea, I feel bad they are missing out on bonuses, it's not like they are out in the street, missing meals, evicted, and so on. I feel a bit bad about the situation, but it's no worse than any other, and they are fine... no need to break out the violins because they are not getting bonuses right now, for cripes sake.

If you think U.S. soldiers are hurting for money, think again. I remember a flight from Indiana to Korea. It was a long flight, but we mostly stayed on the plane. The only airport we even browsed around (at one in the morning) was one in Anchorage, Alaska. I bought a piece of pie there, nothing else was open or available. We flew on to Japan, then Korea. A week later, I got a check for hundreds of dollars. I was confused, and asked what it was for. They said per diem for the trip. I said "I only had a piece of pie, and don't even have the receipt for that." "Don't argue" they told me.. "Just take it, it's policy."

If it gets much worse, the # of people around who wish they were in the armed forces will increase dramatically. I don't think folks fully realize how amazing full medical coverage, full housing coverage, full food coverage really is.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by fleabit]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Those boys need to come home and kick some serious politicall ass. I think they should take over the White House, round em up, drop em off in downtown Sadr City, Iraq, let the people rip them to shreds and restore The Constitution.

Are there any takers?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Military pay issue are purely administrative. It is just simply missing paperwork or incorrect paperwork. Once it's straightened out you get all your pay including back pay. The US govt. ALWAYS has the money to pay a service member. Bonuses are either hard to get or easy... it seems to be hit or miss. Again it's an administrative issue.

I just did some pay paperwork today.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I struggle sometimes to keep my identity at bay on here but my patience is wearing thin. Things are happening in our Gov't that WE THE PEOPLE do not ask for, approve of or even tell our representitives about. They are out of line and have been for quite some time.
There are things happening right now that are flat out illegal and completely against everything this country stands for. And we have our officials who have been placed in a position of trust STEALING OUR MONEY right in front of our faces and giving it to the very people who have put this economy in the state that it is in.

When does it end????????? All of you who are reading this damn post right now, what are you doing about it? I am all over this country studying the people and researching the reaction of people at random. I am at banks, grocery stores, malls, barbershops, cafes and alot of airports. I talk to alot of people. You want to know what they all say? They are all pissed off! They are all sick to their stomachs and scared of what lies ahead. They are all ready for change that was promised to us by the biggest liar that has ever sat in that house! He is only but a puppet and soon his strings will show just like they did today. He just put his VP in charge of the biggest problem and crisis this country has ever seen. Why would he do that?

It may be a good thing that this pay problem has surfaced. Men and Women who are currently serving and those of us who have in the past, remember who you are and why you serving. Remember that you do not go into battle because your gov't told you to but because you volunteered and swore an oath to your country and to the people of this country to serve and protect her from ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC!!!!!
You volunteered because they told you your country was attacked and at war and you went to destroy the enemy who attacked you. You went because you still believe in this country and what it stands for. FREEDOM!

Do you believe that our sitting reps. who have been voted into office by We The People really have our best interests at heart?

In time you will learn more about what is going on behind those closed doors, the details will emerge and soon it will be time for the people of this country to act accordingly to what ever situation presents itself.

It may be easy or it may be the hardest thing you will ever have to do in your lifetime! If or when that time comes you as an American Citizen must act and do your part, what ever that part will be you must do it.

We The People have to act when the time comes or we will lose this life as we know it.

The time is coming and we will have to act on our behalf, will you do your part?

To all Marines, Swabbies, Soldiers and Those who fly our friendly skies and to the PJ's as well, I would like to appolgize on your gov't behalf for screwing up your pay while you are fighting a war and protecting this country from the bad guys.

Yours truly'

Eye of Eagle

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The Feds don't wanna pay the military how shocking! I guess they feel that the expendable assets should be working for free,after all they are protecting their investments and that surely should be considered a privilege!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Two simple words on the second line:

Banana Republic.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

What about the E-3's who don't qualify for housing and who have a family who lives off post? Those are the ones who make the least, and those are the ones who will suffer the most.

I never could understand why the military didn't give lower enlisted GI's housing for their families. Yes, you do get a housing allowance, but it doesn't cover rent, and utilities with the way prices are.

Maybe things have changed since we've been out?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smokinbbl

Originally posted by DataWraith
They can't afford to pay the soldiers bonuses?
AWW poor diddums,
I didn't get much of a bonus this year either , and I work for a bank , I thought banks were supposed to be getting money hand over fist?.
Maybe if the military didn't spend $60 billion a year on propaganda and 'recruitment drives' then maybe they'd have enough to pay the troops.

This kind of statement amazes me!.. I cant stand your ignorance... you work for a bank??? your the reason we are in this!

Maybe you should be saying thank you to the people you are calling diddums, or maybe get off your a$$ and do your time in the sand box!

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Smokinbbl]

Before you jumped off the bandwagon blaming 'Us' Bankers for the crisis and it seems that you are blaming me personally for the crunch, let me fill you in on the facts of my job at my bank.
I work in the clearing operations section, clearing cheques from government departments and other central banks, I make NO contribution to the financial mess that this world and the economy is in, I sit at my desk looking at the screen typing in information. YAY , al very exciting isn't it.
Maybe if the US and the 'allied' military weren't always spending funds trying to find a war to start or a battle to fight maybe then we could look at the culture of grabing 'bonuses', of compensation and of the credit cards and housing markets around the globe. Everyone should look at the unessesary spending all of these fields produce.. Those are the reasons we are all in this mess.Thers simply too much grab as much as you can mentality these days.
We all deserve a bonus for putting up with the stupid , corrupt governments and corporations that run our lives, and not throwing insults at a specific individual or organisation. Yes there were bankers and financiers with their fingers in the pie that helped the economy on the downward spiral but if there were safeguards in place to begin with then the freeloading of individuals such as Madoff wouldn't have happened. We are all to blame, as well as yourself, because you didn't say no to the banks and corporations in the first place.

[edit on 24/2/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Still a bit sour are we?

You still blaming a grunt for a generals mistake.

Seems to me you have an understanding of why some Viet Nam vets were spit on when they returned to the world.

The problem is your understanding comes from sitting on your banker butt thinking you should get paid for usery from the working man who also fights your wars so you can sit on your ass and verbaly spit on the returning soldiers......or those who gotta brand new hump to Khandhar.

You belong to bankers...you think like them.

PS I say this with a smile. It is simply an observation. Nothing personal.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by whiteraven]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
reply to post by fleabit

What about the E-3's who don't qualify for housing and who have a family who lives off post? Those are the ones who make the least, and those are the ones who will suffer the most.

I never could understand why the military didn't give lower enlisted GI's housing for their families. Yes, you do get a housing allowance, but it doesn't cover rent, and utilities with the way prices are.

Maybe things have changed since we've been out?

Yeah they have changed "slightly" since that time. E-1 and above who are married(This is Army), qualify for housing regardless of rank. Granted you wont get all the nice houses but at least you get one eventually.

The part that hasn't changed is the Housing allowance you get for when you are on the waiting list for housing and have to live off post. You right it still doesn't cover all rent,utilities etc etc. and on top of that it could take up to a year to get a house on base.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This may hit a raw nerve but here goes.
Why are you people always repeating the same old mantra about your boys overseas protecting your freedoms.
They're not and deep down you know it.They are there to serve corporate interests and thats the bottom line.It's sad when they have to lay their lives down for this but they made a decision to sign up for that adventure.
What ever your idiot politicians tell you just think...
did iraq attack you?
did some peasants in afghanistan attack you?
and if during my day job i accidently wiped out 20 members of the same family during a wedding celebration i would expect my pay packet to be a bit light that week..

i know a bit off topic..sorry..

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I called it earlier

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And deep down you know on the same points the us soldier and sailor is really being screwed here

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
See i SO happy i never joined the army or marines..thier jsut using the troops as chess pieces and deadweight* for whatever the REAL reason for afghanistan. bin laden is probably bush jrs. best friend as far as im concerned*
its nice to see...our government, can so easily afford 1 million dollar missle or bomb, im sure the cost is higher for 1 of them..but cant afford the operators and what counts out tthier...people. the bombs, missles are useles without an operator. what an investment theyve made indeed
they can afford this dragged out occupation/war, they can afford the CEO's of buisness associated with the bombs, weapons, ect..but as for the small guys, the men and women themselves..its like treating them like us the taxpayes spit on and get in back of the line as soon as yuo get to the front*

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Wonder how long before our lovely military too, is brought a 3rd world countrys operating status* all becuase the money isnt thier..mispent rather.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
When the mighteiest force on this planet, the US military, can no longer afford to pay its own..that when ou know were in SERIOUS financial trouble :X

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mysterysoul
The part that hasn't changed is the Housing allowance you get for when you are on the waiting list for housing and have to live off post. You right it still doesn't cover all rent,utilities etc etc. and on top of that it could take up to a year to get a house on base.

Makes sense! All part of the training process. Hardship means having to strive harder to achieve. Hones skills and sharpens wits.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join