It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melbourne Sky flashes green twice

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I was walking back from my friends house the time was around 11:30-11:40

the date was 21st febuary and i live in melbourne australia

and i was walking down a streeet and the sky flashed green
and im like is somone lightin fire works off or somthing?

then the sky flashed green again and i got my fone out to film it for the third time but it didnt happen

and well i saw some kids at a park and asked if they shot flares off or somthing

and there like nah we didnt

n i go wow

what the hell happened?

and by flashed green i mean the whole sky like turned bright green for not even a second =S

and i spoke to my mate today at school and told him about it and he told me saw it and he was 2 hours away from where i was (by car)

and well

who else saw this?

or has any theories on what it would be

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Cronosh

Very interesting Cronosh, I had to give you a flag and a star so that I can come back to your thread later on to see what all you have found out. Maybe it has something to do with the Magnetosphere or HAARP like stuff there in Austrailia.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
hi, what was the weather like at the time. i found some stuff on the net that says about ball lightening.

read these links tho,

frankcomment.blogspot.com...

www.science-frontiers.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

the weather was quite clear i cud see the stars easily and i cant remember if there were many clouds :S

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Dear Cronosh
I saw this too, and i live in Dandenong and i was just out when i saw it.
but i saw other stuff too that night........
the green light couldve been a bright flash of a active meteor flying past and reflected onto the atmosphere because the atmosphere magnifies everything past the distant horizon. i don't know why it was or would be green but yeah. Probably not aliens for sure, but something to do the gas.
laters

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cronosh

Aurora Australis? There've been threads here discussing big solar flares recently?

jw

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Sounds simular to the flash seen in Russia a week or so ago. I only recall that it lasted one or two seconds and there was no explanation.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
When a transformer blows, it can flash green. Perhaps a few went out in your vicinity. I've seen this during storms, they would go out every few minutes lighting up the sky.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by EricS]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by EricS

i doubt it was a transformer

cause wouldnt there be a sound

n my mate saw one from 2 hours away from where i was and somone before said they saw it from dandenong

could they b that powerful?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
This reminds me of the green flash in Pirates of the Caribbean.

Upon further investigation it appears to be a natural phenomenon.

Wikipedia Article on Green Flashes

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Cronosh

I never heard them go. You can see them for miles and miles. We were on a road trip during the storm. They lit up the whole sky, some were close and some were far. The green is what tripped me out. I thought something paranormal was going on at the time, but later found out that they were transformers.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Project Bluebeam anyone?

Maybe D4rk Kn1ght was right. The timing is...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
There's a good chance it was a meteor, They're known to flash green.

Keep an eye on your local news to see if anyone reported it.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
comet lulin has been visible in the evening sky since the beginning of Feb 09.

its at its peak tomorrow (24th feb) when it will be very bright.

maybe this has something to do with it. its seen about 9-11pm at night in this region of the world...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nick_X
This reminds me of the green flash in Pirates of the Caribbean.

Upon further investigation it appears to be a natural phenomenon.

Wikipedia Article on Green Flashes

that says it's just a flash dot over the setting sun. not the entire sky filling with bright green twice in a row.

sounds like 2 threads i read about last year.. where the same thing happened.. but for longer.

sounds like HAARP tests for bluebeam to me...

-

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
quite possible that it was a form of meteor flashing brightly as it entered the atmosphere maybe the light was refracted somehow through the haze of the fires and flashed green?

- peace

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I didnt see those ones, BUT

I did see the same thing around two weeks ago.
Im in the west of melbs.

I know it was the same cause when you say "light up the sky" I know what you mean.

What i saw was two flashes aswell. Spaced apart by about five seconds.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It's certainly nothing related to Comet Lulin, which is visible to the naked eye, but much too dim to light up the sky.
It may well have been a green bolide. There have been quite a few around the world in recent weeks. Here's one that passed over Saudi Arabia recently. The general appearance of the light seems to match your observations.

WG3

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I know this has been inactive for a while but... This exact same thing JUST happened to my friend and I- in Maryland, USA. It's off the east coast... 11:45Est. Time.
Past a group of oak trees a bit, a flash of bright neon green light lit of the sky (neon green as in Northern lights, which was originally what I was thinking)...
Then not even a split second later, another flash.
Well my friend and I weren't looking to trouble ourselves with whatever the # it was, so he dropped me off at home and we called it the night...
However, no noise, it had snowed the morning of, and started downpouring exactly afterwards.
It wasn't lightening. It wasn't a transformer because there is none in that part of my city, in fact the nearest one was BEHIND us while the flash took place...
Hopefully it was the comet theory- but I just felt the need to bring this up... Since it's around the same month as your experience
edit on 10-1-2017 by RrRomanova because: Missed wording/grammar

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Cronosh

I just saw this tonight while I was looking out my windows. around 20minutes ago. No noise, just two massive flashes under a second.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join