It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will US troops kill American's ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

Actually basic training is one of the most effective "Brainwashing" tools devised by man. Far superior to Public school systems.

Spoken by someone who likely has never seen the inside of a military base, let alone basic training. Am I right? If not I'll retract that statement, but generally speaking statements such as this one don't come from those who have been in.

Retract it your statement! Proudly served in the USAF from 75-81. Plus I too have relatives that are in the military and have served and I can see with my own two eyes the difference in their personality from before basic to after. Please don't be so naive.

I also have an acquaintance that was in the Guard at Kent state. He told me of the mind set that day.

You're the one that doesn't know what she's talking about.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The bloodiest war in U.S. history came from one American killing another American.

The second bloodiest war in U.S. history will come from one American killing another American.

People think "My neighbor wouldn't kill me. A U.S. soldier would never hurt me."

Civilized people murder one another to preserve an ideology. You'll kill whomever threatens yours.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by ColdWater]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
our troops represent us and will defend us as they have every war .unless they are controlled like mindless robots,they got our back.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I just watched a show last night about gang members in the military. It was kind of scary, just sayin.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by branty

I tried posting a comment. I was in the Air Force (3 tours in iraq, not including my other deployments in the AOR) and I work for the Army Special Forces in Afghanistan as a contractor. ATS censored my post. I think you would of find it interesting. I'm losing my faith fast on this website. i got a unique point of view being inside the wire with technology and outside the wire with no technology.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by shockedonlooker

Lol I watched it too. Very interesting for sure! I'm not sure what the percentage of gang members currently enlisted are but scary none the less.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Shystargazer

S'cuse me? Wot foreign troops are in your country mate?? I've just had a thought...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I am a former USM, and i can tell you, that on more the one occasion we were asked "would you shoot your neighbor if it was to protect your country." They would ask it after sand pit drills, FYI, you run up a mountain and roll around in the sand, get it all in your clothes, then run 6-10 miles till you break out. It makes you weak. Also when the Dumped you, tie your hands and push you into the water, you will start to drown, and then they will ask you, among other things. I am 23 now, and that was 4 years ago.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnitedSatesofFreemasons
I am a former USM, and i can tell you, that on more the one occasion we were asked "would you shoot your neighbor if it was to protect your country." They would ask it after sand pit drills, FYI, you run up a mountain and roll around in the sand, get it all in your clothes, then run 6-10 miles till you break out. It makes you weak. Also when the Dumped you, tie your hands and push you into the water, you will start to drown, and then they will ask you, among other things. I am 23 now, and that was 4 years ago.
So what was your answer ?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
So what was your answer ?

Yeah with out a doubt, one word, Cot.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

You're wrong.

Absolutely wrong.

Explain to me how I'm brainwashed, please.

Prove it.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by EYEOFEAGLE

Originally posted by earthman4
It is so easy to demonize a segment of our population. That is what they will do. This makes it OK for all you flag waiving "patriots" to kill. If you demonize a person the new morality makes it OK to kill thier children too. EG: Saddam Hussain and Iraq.
All you warmongers are sure he deserved to die. You were told what to believe and you took the bait, hook, line and sinker. Did any of you ever consider that you were being lied to?
They will make every citizen who refuses to blidly obey, an enemy combatant. This will eliminate that pesky bill of rights and all that constitutional nonsense. A license to kill them, "they all support evil, ya know."

Were you in the first Gulf War by any chance? Did you see what he did to the people in Kuwait? Did you see what he did to his own countrymen? Do you even know what musturd gas is and does to a person? This guy was pure evil in the flesh. Get your facts straight before you take up for a murdering dictator. He killed thousands of innocent people in his own country.

Eye of Eagle

Wow , you saw all of this?!!! I am getting my info from you from now on. You seem to be everywhere. I'm glad I know someone who has the facts right. You would not be fooling with me, would ya?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wethesheeple

nnn

[edit on 23-2-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by branty

No we wil not fire on our own people we took an oath to protect the people of the united states, and defend the constituition. I have served for 11 years and continue to do so. We will turn our weapons on the ones that order us to fire on our people before we would turn them on anybody. So I want to be clear I dont care what you read we will not turn our weapons on you, you are the reason we do what we do.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
I sometimes wonder if people post stuff like this just because they know their points will eventually skyrocket from the ensuing forum war that will rage on and on for umpteen pages until mods step in and separate the cats.

That being said.

I'm in the US Army.

I've posted on this topic before. Someone summed it up pretty well and good.

I will never just go shoot Americans for the pure hell of it. Never. That goes against my core beliefs AND that would mean the same was happening to my family and friends. I mean hell man - I don't tell many people this - but waay back when I was a private - I was in Iraq on a raid and came face to face w/ a family dog who was barking at me at the top of his lungs with the family watching from a porch - The WHOLE family. I couldn't bring myself to shoot their dog in front of them. They finally got some meat or something and the dog left and I was grateful for that. So - if you think I could just murder someone because I'm a soldier? Wow.

But.

If some idiot who thought he was going to "resist the establishment" or "take down ""the man""" rushed me with his pea shooter - I'd put three in his chest without blinking. I've been in firefights - and it's different. It's down to you or them. I've shot at people and been shot at. It's all dependent on situation.

The fact is - you're inevitably going to see some people come here who will give you some links to some crap sites talking about how we're all brain washed drones and we'll do whatever the (____insert (oil, money, illuminati, bush, obama, etc) tells us to. Not true. We follow lawful orders and have a duty to resist in the face of unlawful or unethical orders.

So.

If martial law ever comes or something like and you see me or my friends in full kit patrolling streets - rest assure there's probably a dang good reason. As long as you don't attack us, you won't be attacked. That simple.

Soldiers ARE NOT BRAINWASHED DRONES.

Thanks.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by mf_luder]

[edit on 22-2-2009 by mf_luder]

You wouldn't shoot us, but would you come banging on our doors and take our guns and load us up on a truck to cart us alway to a camp? Would you force us to be inoculated at the point of your gun? Would you separate us from our children and spouses?

If we balked at any of these things you wnated us to do while you were aiming your machine gun at us, what would you do? Give us three in the chest?

You should figure that out now, rather than when the day comes, which it's coming soon. Would you go around pointing your machine gun at American people ordering them to go here or there, to hand over their food, their guns, to hop aboard some big truck or into a helicopter to be transported to the train station?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Heres something to keep in mind.

There are many different factions of "religion" in America.

There are "hate" groups and activists associated. No doubt the government would monitor these groups and of course plant spies in there to control the ones with the most influence by spreading propaganda and pushing buttons.

What do you think would happen if you were a soldier and were ordered to fire upon an blood lust mob that was about to attack and kill you? There is no communication between you and your loved ones, because of course you are on the other side of the fence... there are racial hate groups... religious types (I know how people get bent out of shape over religion), activisists and whoever else who will fight for their cause (their personal religion).

As they say.... kill them all and let god sort them out. When you are in the middle of fighting for your life... well you have only time to act and no time to talk about Jesus and morals.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Retract it your statement! Proudly served in the USAF from 75-81.

Consider it retracted. My apologies, but typically that is the situation when someone makes that statement.

Plus I too have relatives that are in the military and have served and I can see with my own two eyes the difference in their personality from before basic to after. Please don't be so naive.

Perhaps it is a personality trait then that causes this and not the training in and of itself because I haven't seen anyone go to basic and come back that acted any different.

You're the one that doesn't know what she's talking about.

I was wrong about whether or not you were ever in the military. That doesn't translate into not knowing what I'm talking about at all.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Perhaps all your military friends are healthy and strong. I hope so, but many aren't and need special consideration. Thus the reason for this....

www.behavioralhealth.army.mil...

and

www.behavioralhealth.army.mil...

and

www.findingdulcinea.com...

two more concerning spousal abuse and murder

www.lineofduty.com...
blog.newsweek.com...

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house!

[edit on 23-2-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

There are many who have come back from war traumatized, and they should be given the help that they need. PTSD is fairly common, not all soldiers have it and the ones that do don't all necessarily have it to the same extent, but that is typically after they have been in combat not after training. The military and government ignored it for way to long and it's high time they actually help the soldiers who have it instead of ignoring it and hoping it will go away.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Well, ty all for your comments and reading through the post , this is the answer ive taken from it. You would in no way want to open fire, so plzz dont put us in that position, BUT WE WILL.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join