It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We must look for the silver linings in all situations!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
If I were to pick one person to consider a hero in my life it would have to be Corrie Ten Boom. It was from her that I learned that no matter how bad a situation is you can always find something good in it no matter how small. Sometimes it is the little things that can keep you sane. Her and her family were sent to the Nazi concentration camps for giving shelter to Jews during the war. When others were complaining about the lice she was grateful for them because they kept the German sentries out of the barracks. When others shuttered at the bugs or grubs in the food she was grateful for the protein in them for keeping her alive. She could find the good no matter what was happening around her.

We will be going through bad times soon. Actually it is already happening. Yes it is going to be Hell for a while. I definitely don't want to go through this, but if I have to I hope that I can find her kind of courage to look for any good that comes out of every situation. My biggest fear is losing my humanity. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. I guess it will be a personal choice that we will all have to make.

As for me I will choose to find the good. It will keep me sane. It will keep me free. They may take my home. They may take my money. But by God they will not take soul from me.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
A nice positive post!!

Thank you.

S&F

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
they will take your house, your children, your money, all your belongings and torture you because its fun to hear you scream.

your move optimist

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

I screamed during child-birth! It gave me the greatest moment of my life.

Your move pessimist!

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
your children will be killed and organs harvested to keep the nwo alive forever. and you will have to perform the surgery witha rusty saw on them with no painkillers. if you refuse the children are forced to do the surgery on themselves and you watch.

god damn i got a twisted imagination

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

The good I find in your responses is you exposing your ignorance and the destruction of an credibility of future posts.

When Corrie Ten Boom was released from the concentration camp she forgave the guards that tortured her. She actually started a home for them where they could mend their minds and find their souls from what they did.

I am hoping my OP can do the same for your attitude.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
sometimes there is no silver lining. im sure that the lady feels like a saint but she is the only 1 of the other 6 million who believe that the whole german race should be strung up by their thumbs and left to die.

let her find the silver lining. i rather just walk away alive. im neither an optimist or a pessimist. im a realist.

top topics

join