It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese troops flood Tibet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

THE Chinese government has closed Tibet to outside observers, poured security forces into the region and vowed to "crush" supporters of the Dalai Lama.

The move came before the 50th anniversary of the Dalai Lama's flight into exile in March 1959, triggering worries of a heavy-handed reaction to any dissent.

The local government has ordered security forces to "mobilise and fully deploy" in order to "firmly crush the savage aggression of the Dalai Lama clique, defeat separatism and maintain stability", according to the Tibet Daily, a state newspaper. Witnesses in Tibet reported shop closures and a heavy security presence on the streets.

China has also banned all foreigners from the region until further notice. Tourist agencies were contacted on Tuesday by officials and told to cancel all trips for the foreseeable future. Foreigners require a permit to enter Tibet, but Youth Travel Service, one of the largest travel agencies, said few, if any, permits were being issued.

www.theage.com.au...

all the while Hillary panders.

The crackdown emerged as Amnesty International condemned Clinton for saying that human rights could not interfere with talks on the financial crisis, global warming and North Korea.

Hillary Clinton ‘panders’ to China as dissidents are silenced
www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Beijing imposes crackdown in Tibet, exiles say
in.reuters.com...

China Adds to Security Forces in Tibet Amid Calls for a Boycott
www.nytimes.com...

Clinton throws Tibet under the bus
www.americanthinker.com...

said the United States would continue to press China on long-standing US concerns over human rights such as its rule over Tibet.

"But our pressing on those issues can't interfere on the global economic crisis, the global climate change crisis and the security crisis," Clinton told reporters in Seoul just before leaving for Beijing.

There is more to the history of 'China's Tibet'
www.famagusta-gazette.com... tatus=&reoption=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=&rebed=&rebath=&subname=&pform=&sc=2350&hn=famagusta-gazette&he=.com

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

"But our pressing on those issues can't interfere on the global economic crisis, the global climate change crisis and the security crisis," Clinton told reporters in Seoul just before leaving for Beijing.
In other words , what ever you do, we dont wanna know or see.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by branty

In other words , what ever you do, we dont wanna know or see.

I guess, it is about power and money, our leaders are lost.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

"Human rights cannot interfere with the global economic crisis, the global climate change crisis and the security crises," Clinton said in talks with China's foreign minister.

It didn't take long for China to decide that the U.S. wasn't a threat to them anymore. We'll see a lot more human rights issues across the world I'm afraid. I, for one, am appalled that the U.S. lead diplomat would say that outright and out loud. Our values and morals have been put up for auction.

[edit on 22/2/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This makes me sick. Why in the hell are we not sending our troops to save Tibet?? Like we did for Kuwait! And Hillary, what kind of sickening drivel is she spewing? Human rights should always come first.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

While it is ok to condemn agressors, whoever they might be - to suggest that US would send troops to Tibet would automatically also suggest end of Human civilisation.
China has impressive nuclear arsenal, and even if US is much much stronger at this department mutual nuclear exchange is imminent. Then count in Russian federation and EU - that might join the party - and we can start giving the keys of the planet to roaches.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

You are right- it's shocking but when you owe China billions and ask them for even more you just have sit down and ignore whatever they are handing out. We have sold human rights for self preservation.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Would it be too early to guess that Hong Kong is next on the list after Tibet?

Somehow I feel this will not be a top story on the MSM. I would say more but I am suddenly not feeling well. I think it is a case of compassion and sorrow. I'd ask the government for an inoculation but it would appear that a side effect is extreme stupidity and delusions of grandeur.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Why arent we sending in troops. Ummm. Because China is a country that can actually fight back. The US is like a school yard bully, anyone who can stand up for himself, will not be attacked , but appeased.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The best we little people could hope to do is email our MPs or senators and boycott Chinese good (however hard that maybe) A truly sickening course of events, if true.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by branty

What a predictable reply. I suppose you oppose any U.S. military action, except for the ones we do not take. I'm sure Darfur is high on your list of things we should do, unless we actually went. I'm sure we need to take a stronger stance on Tibet, unless we actually do.

You are no doubt a liberal, whether you choose to accept that label or not. Liberals have a habit of constantly standing on their soap-boxes, until the situation gets serious... then you all hide under your desks and preach peace and love to all the "war criminals" who actually have the resolve to take action.

People like you are the problem.

Maybe if your dear Obama decides which military actions to take, you'll actually stand behind him. He is, after all, infallible.

But somehow I doubt it. If things got hairy under Obama, you'd probably turn your back on him as well. I hope somehow people like you get to live under the tyranny that seems to constantly impose itself on cowardly masses. As long as it doesn't happen here. You cowards have the protection of real Americans here.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
A very discouraging piece of news, but what can we do? Gripe and moan about US foreign policy some more? Honestly, where does that get us.

The Tibetans are in need of our love and prayers now. They are among the wisest of all societies on Earth, they will endure.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This is such a big deal.

I would be so much prouder of a country that fought for these people instead of killing hundreds and thousands of civilians over some oil...

The US is just as bad as China...
"Of course we must fear evil men, but there is another evil that we must fear more… and that is the indifference of good men."

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tgautier13
A very discouraging piece of news, but what can we do? Gripe and moan about US foreign policy some more? Honestly, where does that get us.

Yes... that is what we should do. The more we gripe, the more the situation gets noticed, even if by a handful of people. Those people may make real change...
Its better than just saying "Oh, they can handle it."

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The Communist Party of China, once again, destroying people and a country, just because they believe they have the right to.

This makes me sick...

China has, since their invasion of Tibet in 1957, raped and pillaged Tibet of it's resources, customs, and it's religion.

I always hope that the Dalai Lama, whether it be the 14th or a later Dalai Lama, returns to Tibet and rids China from it.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
This makes me sick. Why in the hell are we not sending our troops to save Tibet?? Like we did for Kuwait! And Hillary, what kind of sickening drivel is she spewing? Human rights should always come first.

Because our current wars barely have enough support as is.

There are countless amounts of genocides happening all over the world, not just China/Tibet.

I see countless posts blaming the war for our debt, but then you are all pro-war for CHINA?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
With the United States being indebted to China and currently in TWO Wars in the Middle East, we do not have the resources or military power to face up against China's Military MIGHT.

Our hands are tied. Clinton is doing all she can do to appease the Chinese government. If we piss them off in anyway they will call in our debts and OWN our country.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Would it be too early to guess that Hong Kong is next on the list after Tibet?

Somehow I feel this will not be a top story on the MSM. I would say more but I am suddenly not feeling well. I think it is a case of compassion and sorrow. I'd ask the government for an inoculation but it would appear that a side effect is extreme stupidity and delusions of grandeur.

No, Hong Kong makes WAY to much money to do something so stupid as that. If they did that, production would flatline, even if it is forced.

Like Taiwan, they are not going to risk all out war and nuke the cities. What would be the point? They want the Production Value Intact! You cant do that if you Nuke, Bomb and lay waist.

Tibet, unfortunately has little if any production value I am guessing right?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Don't see people ever talking about Corsica or how South Koreans hate the U.S. on this forum....

China had TIbet for a thousand years before the Westerners came in and separated the empire. SO blame this conflict on yourselves Westerners.

And yeh, China owns U.S. for now. But, the Chinese government will not want the U.S. to drop because Americans are still the main consumers.

And don't think China can't live without the U.S. because the Chinese are capable of consuming their own goods.

[edit on 2/22/2009 by die_another_day]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join