It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Am I Working For?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I'm a (noob) freelance writer. There's a somewhat mysterious project I've been working on for a couple months and I seek insight that I think only ATS users may be able to offer.

When I came across the project, I was intrigued. The potential client was looking for a writer who is aware and concerned about corruption in government, liberty being threatened, and the population being manipulated.

I thought it would be refreshing to write something I would have to think about for a change (non-sales-oriented). And the project was a consistent writing gig, as they were looking for someone to employ for a few months.

There is a strict format that has to be adhered to, for search optimization, to be reader-friendly, and I suppose to transfer properly to article submission sites as it's something my client has mentioned.

He, or they (as he often says "we"), have several writers and editors working on articles. The topics seem mostly to be libertarian, but there are also some subjects more on the "fringe" that I've been assigned to write. Many I would call conspiracy-related.

The client hasn't disclosed any information about where the articles are going and, although I've been curious (even suspicious) from the start, I don't want to ask until the project is coming to a close.

I noticed the other day however, that this client has spent about $35,000 on writing and editing services since last November. I've googled the search terms from the articles I've completed so far and they don't seem to be online yet.

Please share ideas, if you are so inclined.

(Edited to add: If there is a more appropriate board for my post, please feel free to put it where it belongs.)

[edit on 2/22/2009 by eMachine]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This question should pretty much answer the "big" question if your working for a large funded group or a fringe group.

Did you sign and NDA (non-disclosure agreement)?

If you did not sign an NDA, I highly doubt that there is any big money backing this project.

If you did sign an NDA, be careful, you may be in jeopardy of loosing your job or the target of legal action if discussing things of this nature in a public "conspiracy" forum.

I would have to assume if there was no NDA, your working for a small non-corporate / non-governmental entity... or a very dumb inexperienced company or group.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

You make an important point. Thank you.

I did not sign an official NDA. There is a statement in the project agreement that says all materials exchanged are confidential, but that's all.

So therefore, it is most likely not the government. The "agreement" is also very short and basic, so I suppose "they" do not have a background in law.

join