It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran NOT Producing weapon-grade Uranium: IAEA - Propaganda saying Otherwise!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Iran is NOT producing Weapon - Grade Uranium - so all this info about Iran and Uranium - is an excuse to either go to war with Iran or set up a "false flag" event!

It is pure propaganda! Why is it, the govts. of the U.S. European nations, and Israel, keep putting out false information.

link to article: Iran NOT Producing Weapons Grade Uranium

DUBAI: Iran has not converted the low-grade uranium that it has produced into weapon-grade uranium, inspectors belonging to the International Atomic Energy Agency have said.

The Austrian Press Agency quoted an IAEA expert as saying that the uranium substances that Iran has produced at its Natanz enrichment facility have been carefully recorded and remote cameras have been installed to supervise part of the stockpile.

The expert added that “so far, Iran has carried out good cooperation with us in relevant verifications”.

IAEA head Mohamed ElBaradei has said that Iran has slowed down its uranium enrichment programme. He made this observation while submitting a report to the U.N. Security Council on Thursday. Iran has reportedly added only 164 centrifuges (which are used for enrichment) since December last, a comparatively slower rate than in the past.

The report notes that Iran has not stopped uranium enrichment activity despite imposition of sanctions by U.N. Security Council.

All I can say, is we are being set up - for either a nuclear war with Israel nuke Iran (because it has a nuke - which is FALSE), or a nuke going off somewhere in the world and Iran is blamed, thus again, nuking Iran.

What I think of, is all this loose talk - I still wonder to this day, is why any country would want to nuke another - because in the end, the whole world is affected by nuclear bombs.

I have noticed the advertisement here - of a "No nuclear Iran", well Iran does not have nukes and by seeing all this, I would assume the people behind it are working "real" hard at getting propaganda out. Because to even advertise here, means they are VERY serious about getting in people's minds that we should be afraid of Iran, nuking another country. To me that is setting us up.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Iran has Uranium, but you are correct they do not possess the ability's (YET) to enrich it to weapons grade.
But they are constantly trying to seek out these ability's which says there goal is to eventually make weapons grade.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen
Iran has Uranium, but you are correct they do not possess the ability's (YET) to enrich it to weapons grade.
But they are constantly trying to seek out these ability's which says there goal is to eventually make weapons grade.

Can you point me to some where that says that Iran is constantly trying to seek the abilities to make weapons.

This has nothing to do with nukes and everything to do with the fear of Iran becoming the major power in the ME.
in other words, a challenge to Israels belief that they should be in charge of the ME with the US supporting their goal.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

It seems that by this post, people are "buying" into the "be afraid of Iran" propaganda.

We have had intelligence come out last year, saying Iran does not have nor is producing nukes, yet the U.S. govt. and others immediately kept saying they did.

I am tired of the propaganda, those behind it are even advertising here, which kind of shocked me, when I saw it this morning.

They do NOT have a nuke nor enough uranium to produce one...... so why is that lie being perpertrated?

So then how soon will Iran be nuked by Israel or the U.S. - claiming "self defense"? Or where will a nuke go off, and Iran will be blamed?

The point is, the govts. seem to want us to BELIEVE THEM, instead of intelligence about Iran and nukes.

I will believe the intelligence........... Thank you very much!

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
There was a very good documentary on last night by the BBC called "Iran and the west" ...I am sure a google search will come up with links for it in its full form.

www.bbc.co.uk...
It does indeed show that the USA was very intent on not giving an leeway to Iran.
Also a good bit of information:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
Can you point me to some where that says that Iran is constantly trying to seek the abilities to make weapons.

Can you point me to somewhere I said, Iran was trying to make weapons?
That would be good if you could.
Thanks.

Originally posted by questioningall
It seems that by this post, people are "buying" into the "be afraid of Iran" propaganda.

How did my post contain, any propaganda about being afraid of anyone?
I was simply stating the facts, as stated by the President of Iran, that Iran is pursuing the ability's to make weapons grade nuclear material.

It seems we have some extremists on here, who like to bait people, and not read what they said.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

Interesting, calling other people "extremist" for posting that Iran does not have a nuke......

VERY INTERESTING!!!

Wow, seems some don't want others to listen to "real" intelligence on the matter. Others just want people "to believe" Iran is the "Big Bad Wolf".

Amazing how propaganda is spread, and others are called extremist for not Believing in the propaganda.

I have NEVER heard Iran say they want a nuke.... I have only heard they are building nuclear power plants.

So, who is an "extremist" - A person who only says: BELIEVE what the U.S. and Israel govts. tell us?

Or - someone who listens and believes independant intelligence?

So..... in writing these posts ----- WHO is the extremist? Critical thinker or someone calls others extremist?

edit to correct spelling

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The original OP source is highly suspect. I do not but one percent in this claim from this source. Iran is working feverishly to obtain a nuclear weapon, and it will not be allowed to happen.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Some interesting commentaries out about this:

www.juancole.com...

US newspapers are complaining that they are losing money and may not survive. After they put all sorts of falsehoods about Iraq on their front pages, it may be that they fatally wounded their credibility with the US public. In any case, the above report does not show up anywhere on the web or in Lexis that I can find, except here in The Hindu, which tells me that someone is not doing their job.

www.reddit.com...

It really doest not matter if Iran is attempting to make nukes or not. The USA will always find a reason to undermine Iran and keep Iran's influence in the gulf a small as possible. It is in the USA's interests and a rational policy aim to have a weak Iran.

Should Iran be a strong independent, and form links with Iraq, and they will for Iraq will be a Shiite dominated state whatever happens, and further links to the Shiites in Saudi (who sit on top of the oil fields) Then the USA will no longer control the gulf. It will be a Shiite controlled Gulf.

That will be a massive loss of US power in the world.

The above explains.

1.The US relationship with Israel, They until 2003, were our combat force in the Gulf, mercenaries if you like, and now will provide deniable us of their military, (its not us, it’s the Israelis, let the Israelis do it….you hear that all the time but make no mistake, the USA gives the orders, it we say No it’s a NO.) I dont think there was a direct US presence between 62 to 2003, cept of the intrim 1990 Iraq war. 2. The relationship with the Sunni rulers of Saudi, they too fear a Shiite coalition. 3. the abandonment of the Shiites in the aftermath of the 1990 war, the last thing the USA wanted was a Shiite led revolution.

Also seems to be in other countries news, but not ours............

www.turkishweekly.net...

So, it seems others think the whole thing about Iran having enough uranium for a nuke is a sham, and false, just as Iraq was false with WMDs.

Edit, adding more:

www.juancole.com...

Informed Comment
Thoughts on the Middle East, History, and Religion

Juan Cole is President of the Global Americana Institute

Saturday, February 21, 2009
Iran Nuclear Program Hyped again

Note to mainstream media:

Iran cannot construct nuclear bombs with uranium enriched only to less than 4%. It needs to be enriched to something like 90% to make a bomb. Iran is not known even to have that capability, and no it cannot be done in 2 months (try a decade), assuming they were trying to do it, which our $40 bn. a year intelligence agencies say they are not. So all the silly articles on Friday about how iran now has enough enriched uranium to make a bomb are just illiterate. Moreover, the report in question actually says that Iran is slowing its enrichment activities.

h/t Jay McDonough.

Now that the Likud is back in control of Israel, flanked by even less savory far-right forces, we will unfortunately be bombarded by inflammatory propaganda about how dangerous Iran is. Iran hasn't aggressively invaded another country in at least a century and a half. In contrast, the Likud never met a war of aggression they did not like.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Thanks.

just wanted to point that out
you clearly state that, what else would they do with Weapons grade?

[edit on 22-2-2009 by bodrul]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Cowards are afraid of Iran. No Iranian has ever stuck a gun in my face, or have attacked my family, imposed Islamic belief on me. They're not even powerful enough in all their glory to take on Iraq, of which our foreign army crushed in it's entirety in a matter of weeks. They are no threat to us, even with a nuclear weapon. It's easy to see that the powers that be are and have been actively trying to swing approval of the people for a war in Iran by playing on weak minded fears. They've been cleared consistantly since 2002 by the IAEA. The only Agencies that haven't cleared them is FOX news, MSNBC, CNN, CIA, and the entire country of Israel.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Seeing how Iraq was backed up by loads of other countries
and Iran was almost on its own, it stood up pretty well.
they even gained land from Iraq

www.abovetopsecret.com...

phoenixs topic
has a segment in the Video about Iran Iraq war

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It was a stalemate that cost 1,000,000 lives, Bodrul. We would crush the Revolutionary Guard just like we did Iraq's Republican Guard. We would have a never ending problem with civilian uprising as expected, but Iran's military might would be no sweat for our military forces. The only way the Iranians can live in peace without the threat of an Israeli and American attack is if they aquire nuclear capabilities. Countries become "off limits" after nuclear power is acheived. What a sad human situation.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

Thanks.

I think I got it from your origional post that said

so you believe they are trying to make weapons grade for what purpose?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Yes, well it seems like the U.S. press and govts are constantly saying they have nukes, then intellegence comes out and says they don't. Which then upsets the U.S. and Israel, they then try to ignore and say the intellegence is wrong.

Since they know that, it must be why they came out and said they have "one" at this time.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Two comments:

1) It funny how someone says that they are looking to make "weapons grade" (uranium) and turn it into him saying they are looking to make weapons. He did not, you guys are simply making assumptions.

2) It's also funny how one person then claims someone is calling people extremists for saying Iran does not have "a nuke." I don't remember anyone saying they have a nuke or they do not have a nuke.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

How the F do you know that they are trying to enrich it? Why would they? They know that trying to do would would mean an end to Iran.......

We all know Israel has Nukes.. Israel, a racist country, built on illegal settlement. Maybe Israel shouldn't have nukes. Look at what they did to Gaza, Lebanon, Egypt, and their surrounding neighbors.

-------------
Article IV

"Parties to the Treaty in a position to do so shall also co-operate in contributing alone or together with other States or international organizations to the further development of the applications of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes, especially in the territories of non-nuclear-weapon States Party to the Treaty, with due consideration for the needs of the developing areas of the world."

In other words, under the NNPT, not only is Iran allowed to build power stations and the fuel rods for them, but the United States is obligated to assist them!

It is the United States which is in violation of their international obligations in this matter, not Iran.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by verbal_assassin]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
as dug out of the ground uranium is 0.7% pure - and can only really be used in PHWR type reactors (which canada and india use mainly)

iran has built a LWR type , which requires its fuel to be enriched to 3%>5% after which the UF6 is converted to UO2 , powered and cast fired into pellets - these are loaded into rods a meter or so long and 2cm wide (or so - rod length and width changes for each reactor) and the rod sealed

100+ rods are bundled together to make a fuel cell - which is swapped into a reactor every 18 months (again or so)

if Iran built a PHWR reactor they could just dig up uranium and literally throw it in

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

There are few people on ATS who seriously believe Iran is cooking up nuclear weapons with which to attack America. Far, far easier and cheaper to borrow a few from Russia if such were their intention. A 'nuclear armed Iran' lie is almost certainly a NWO ploy to drum up support for a pre-emptive strike against that country, or better yet, in 'retaliation' for a nuclear disaster here at home, courtesy of our own military or intelligence agencies. Tha said, why would ATS permit the Rockefeller-sponsored, neocon-packed, NWO goonfest known as the 'United Against Nuclear Iran' group to run huge banner ads on their site? I know times are tough guys, but do we really need to provide a forum for the very people against whom we are fighting?

Go to the UANI website and read the 'leadership' page-- it's a virtual "who's who" of Bush era neocons and other 'shoot first, ask no questions later' crowd. I'm all for freedom of speech, but is this a joke?

new topics

top topics

join