It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any ideas on what this could be....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
here is a picture that I took a few years ago that I came acroos while doing the file cull as you do.... Always intended to put it on here put never really got around to doing it....

Anyone have any idea's on what this could be ???? It was def not there when I took the picture that night and the even more strange thing is what ever 'it' is, it appears to like my friend Jame's head.....

Where that was taken in Newcastle Australia in The Westminster Appts, was the original site for an old skool pub back in the days of 1st settlement etc so my take would be some kind of old spirit possibly.... but who knows....???

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Ectoplasm or smoke

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I would guess smoke from a cigarette in your right hand. I would also say that a flash was used when the picture was taken as all shadows are directly behind objects. There is a light source to your left like a ceiling fixture or a fairly bright floor lamp. Thus the picture was taken at night.

The reason I say smoke, is that there is some trailing wisp in the circle like from the time you brought it to focus your aim. It is also out of focus due to the closeness to the lens which is already auto focused on your friends.

Or does the photographer not smoke?

[edit on 22-2-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
at first I thought it was smoke too but it doesn't totally look like smoke.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Seems to me that it holding together way too much to be smoke > Was this taken by a digital camera ? If so ive got no clue outside the paranormal.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Its obviously smoke, judging by how extremely baked your friends obviously look, i'd say a joint

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
This could well be a number of things, depending on hwo fast your shutter speed is.
Could well be smoke or could be dust catching light/flash. I've seen similar pictures in which this effect is attributed to 'cobwebs' which have been falling through the air and caught the light.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Whatever spirit your talking about doesn't know how to draw.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
not sure but it seems to be liking the guy in the white shirt, have taken photos with simular stuff in myself were there any candles lit above your heads???? as I know candle flames can cause a simular effect?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Disclosure Agent

Bunch of stoners on a couch?

LOL

Sorry.

No - I've seen pics like that before. Someone told me once it's from either 1) An "evil" spirit or 2) a former occupant of the house who never moved on.

No telling though.

Was the picture-taker smoking?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
It does look like smoke. Especially when someone smokes indoors it does look like this.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Interesting I have several pictures and sequnces of pictures taken with an old school cheap camera i.e. not digital. that have these things in them. Would also like to know what they are.....I was a smoker back then but not smoking while the pictures where taken.

S&F

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Wow, you guys are so gullible. It's a Photoshop job. Someone took a slightly feathered round brush with the opacity stepped down, and drew this with the mouse. I don't understand what people get out of posting this fake stuff? If you're going to post fake stuff, at least post something that is somewhat believable and take a bit of time to put some work into it to make it such. I've made up photos for my paranormal investigation and research team as training aids to help them understand that photos cannot be trusted unless you know 100% without question what the conditions and controls were when the photo was taken. The photos I've made are so good, that people have said they were hopeful they were real. You can't take someones' word for what it is, because you just can't. And I'm sorry if the person who took this honestly believes this is a ghost or wants to push that. Are we suppose to believe you just because you say it is so? Where's the data to back it up? The original negative? The original digital file, from the memory card, unmodified? The bottom line is that unless you have some solid data to back up your claim, you're picture is nothing more than just that to everyone else on here. Sorry.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
hey guys......

Thanks for having a squizz and putting some idea's out there as to what ever it is could be....... As for the questions:

1: Yes the photographer does smoke but no-one was smoking when the picture was taken because I wasn't allowed to smoke in the lounge room or any rooms that were near the living part of the house

2: As for the call about photshop, I don't own a copy and wouldn't know how to use it even if I did have it
the extent of my design skills goes to MS paint to make black & white flyers for DNB gigs.

I never said I truly believe its a spirit or anything paranormal it's just very similar to a few pictures that I have seen in the past and due to its weird circumstances with what ever its is not bieng in the picture when I took it, thought it was worth putting on here to add to the list of strange things we have in the world....

again thanks for the replies......

top topics

join