It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liquid Water Recently Seen on Mars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Liquid Water Recently Seen on Mars?

news.nationalgeographic.com

Strange globs seen on the landing strut of the Phoenix Mars lander could be the first proof that modern Mars hosts liquid water, a new paper reports.

Images from the robotic craft show what appear to be liquid droplets growing, merging, and dripping on the lander's leg over the course of a Martian month.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
This gradual release of information regarding the existence of water on Mars is in my humble opinion just another aspect of the gradual acclimation process readying us for final disclosure. It seems the Powers That Be are determined to move forward in the tiniest of baby steps in their efforts toward a controlled release of information.
Well at any rate, it's pretty cool.

news.nationalgeographic.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I've been following this stuff pretty closely...

This is the closest we've come to life outside earth so far... If we could find a single microbe... it would tell us so much about or origins...

If it contains the same replicators such as DNA, or similar cellular components, that means life originated in space.. (not aliens... here I"m thinking abotu the fact that star building regions in the galaxy actually have shown to churn out basic building blocks for RNA...)

If there is life, but its not DNA/RNA based... we learn that maybe life isn't so rare...

If there's no life... well, it answers alot of questions on how rare abiogenesis could actually be...

I hope they get some tests done in the next few years... inquiring minds want to know!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

I was watching a show today with Micchio Kaku talking about the existence of multiple inhabited dimensions. I believe Everywhere is lousy with life, personally.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
There is a thread here about those groth things somewhere here and it was pointed out in the photos what looked to be a puddle under the lander so yeah maybe.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Yeah I too had seen the photo of the puddle.It was a depression where ice had melted and ran down hill creating a rivulet and depositing in a small puddle. Its amazing that most people either don't know about it or care.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day

This is the closest we've come to life outside earth so far... If we could find a single microbe... it would tell us so much about or origins...

it's there. "we've" found it.. analyzed it to a t..

that data won't be released until it's "time" .. in a timely manner.. as to parallel and support the prewritten agenda.

nothing ground shattering like that just "pops" up with normal research and scientific discovery.. it's scrutinized.. contemplated about it's impact.. who's going to make the money off it.. etc.. how it will aid in the eventual disclosure..etc.. how it will lead into the introduction of the planned unveiling of alien species..etc...

it's great to see people get their hopes up about it.. but to me it's not an "if" issue.. it's a "when"...

-

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsSmartypants
reply to post by nj2day

I was watching a show today with Micchio Kaku talking about the existence of multiple inhabited dimensions. I believe Everywhere is lousy with life, personally.

I agree, i think our solar system is teeming with life, possibly in forms that we wouldnt even recognise as life.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MsSmartypants

Nonsense. Wait for all the facts, that's what science does. Then test those facts for accuracy.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Wild guess here...microbials confirmed next? Hoagland has called the sequence of information being relased so far about Mars. Once life is confirmed else-where, it's over, the scramble will most likely begin to get off of this planet. More so that is...

[edit on 22-2-2009 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Read the press release, watch the documentaries - NASA scientists discuss the possibility of life on Mars as if it's already provable.

Microbials, plant life and possible vegetation will be next on the disclosure. Countless NASA images highlight signs of plant life and vegetation. The rapid evidence being presented to the public is no coincidence.

Water, methane and now flowing water. Question, what's next?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Yeah we know those of us who really choose to research know this. But in a world where truth is decitated on whether or not the bias big-media wants to actually some investigating & reporting, or if a film makers decides to use an element of truth in their fiction, as many sources one can sight to the ever present & overly zealous skeptical nation; the better...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

The above site has a ton of information and pictures of water on mars.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day

This is how I see it also. Conclusive evidence of life elsewhere will be as historic as the Moon landing. When news filtered out in January about the NASA 'methane on Mars' press conference, I was like a kid on Christmas Eve. The analogy held the next day when the news broke
I was just another Christmas kid grateful for the present, but secretly disappointed that it wasn't the big one I wanted.

UFOs are subjective, circumstantial, indicative, political and persuasive. Finding microbial life and mapping their genome would be conclusive. School science books would be rewritten and the context of life on Earth would be changed forever.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
NASA budget is under review from Obama's administration.
Expect numerous announcements in the coming months - methane was mentioned before Obama entered office and now liquid water on the surface?

Someone wants to protect their budget and lunar operations (NASA does not want Russian's or Chinese's building the first lunar outpost)

top topics

join