It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Fellow Americans, The Time to Act is Now

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by thegreatobserver

Yes, Mexico is doing so great and is in such prosperity even with all their oil production that their citizens run over the border illegally to have their brats in US soil.

Get a grip.

Who said that the people are wealthy??

South America has the richest natural resources and its people are poor.
That happens when another country marches in to steal all of it....

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Sad man. We're talking over 6000 people killed just across the border over the past year, a few hundred of them AMERICAN CITIZENS. You need to check your facts before you spout off about "my friend is totally cool in Mexico". Certain tourist areas of Mexico are completely safe....it's the northern areas of Mexico that are the chief concern, as they are reported to be in the midst of a kind of civil war never before seen on the North American continent. We're talking multiple drug cartels going to war over trade routes(highways), as well as the random killings of Mexican authorities. Personally, I will be surprised if this doesn't spill over onto American soil, as our southern border is a frickin' joke.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Who is stealing the Mexican natural resources and their oil? I will like to hear that, because obviously the problems in Mexico with drug cartel are not new and neither recent.

It seems that drug money is very profitable on both sides of the border.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

It seems that drug money is very profitable on both sides of the border.

I agree on that part!

And, I have NEVER said that there is NO violence. Yes, there is. But it gets hyped up in this country.

The point about resources. The wealth of citizens is NOT connected to the amount of natural resources a country has.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Here is two links about the problem with the borders in Texas and Arizona.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81

Certain tourist areas of Mexico are completely safe....it's the northern areas of Mexico that are the chief concern, as they are reported to be in the midst of a kind of civil war never before seen on the North American continent.

Ok, first of all regarding my friend. He has friends down there with whom he is traveling the country. So, they are locals and have been living there all their lives.

Second, I agree that there is a problem at the boarders. But that's a tiny part of Mexico in comparison the the country. And, yes, it is also a problem for bordering US states. No question about it.

What I have been criticizing here is the hype and panic kind of style this thread is set up.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The solution to the problem of drug cartel violence requires no governmental action whatsoever.

If every American and Canadian would stop using illegal drugs, the drug cartels would dry up and blow away.

No sweat, no blood, no tears.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
The solution to the problem of drug cartel violence requires no governmental action whatsoever.
If every American and Canadian would stop using illegal drugs, the drug cartels would dry up and blow away.
No sweat, no blood, no tears.

We know that isn't going to happen. They need to legalize drugs, it's that plain and simple. Well that is what my philosophy is..

[edit on 22-2-2009 by antmax21]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

Agreed, the police chief of Cancun was recently arrested and charged witg killing a federal police officer sent to Cancun to fight the cartels so obviously even the tourist areas are being affected by this civil war of sorts.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join