It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Fellow Americans, The Time to Act is Now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
My fellow Americans, amid reports of growing violence, fear and anarchy in the sovereign nation of Mexico, we must begin preparations for violence spilling over into our southern states. These states including but are not limited to Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California. The threat faced in Mexico is a grave threat to both American and Mexican security and prosperity. Within the last several months, crime levels have shot up in Mexican towns and cities.

They-the Mexican Law Enforcement Officials- have lost many of their own including the successful assassination of one of their Police Chiefs by death squad and threats of continuing murders against innocent civilians calling for the resignation of another. Accounts from residents in Southern Texas have reported hearing gun shots and explosions in the distance when driving near the border stations.

The US Department of State has already put up a travel advisory for American tourists when pertaining to travelling to Mexico.

The time to act is now; we have been sitting with our heads in the sand pertaining to this issue for far too long. Over hundreds of border incursions have occurred in the past few years between corrupted Mexican military units and our Border Patrol. We have had reports as well of armed masked men forcing their ways into American homes as far north as Phoenix, Arizona.

These Mexican drug cartels are known to be associated with national and international gangs operating and living within the United States. These gangs are not simply restricted to border cities in the United States. They have been known to be expanding into other major cities as well in the more northern parts of the US.

The cartels are armed and are willing to kill to get what they want.

The duty of the United States government is to eradicate this problem swiftly and efficiently. To provide for the common defense as stated by the Constitution. Let us take this time to declare with one voice as Americans that enough is enough. We owe it to ourselves, our children, our countrymen, our futures to remove this before it gets worse.

Shall we simply sit by and let this destroy us and our way of life? Ladies and gentlemen, this is a true threat. This is not a war to be fought thousands of miles away in a land or country no one cares much for; this is a war that is at our door.

We need to wake up.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
What are you talking about, a real threat?

Come on, they are only Mexicans. If they were Muslims or something, surely the government would be concerned and close off the borders..

Surely these Mexicans are harmless, or our government would care...

(sarcasm end.)

I agree with ya there. But nothing can be done, so people in said states are keeping an eye out, and prepared to defend themselves. Government does not care about this real threat and this invasion. Possibly because the threat is not Muslim

We are all in this together. By that, I mean without this administration, if they are denying and ignoring the things that people in border states are SEEING with their own eyes.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis

Come on, they are only Mexicans. If they were Muslims or something, surely the government would be concerned and close off the borders..

That was absaloutely one of the worst post's Ive read in years.

What the hell is this crap? if they were muslims or something surely the governemtn would be concerned?

Your embarrassing. I was going to say something else, but know I won't.

What the hell is wrong about being muslim?

FUMES at the level of apathy, ignorance, stupidity, and anything along those lines.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

What the hell is this crap? if they were muslims or something surely the governemtn would be concerned?

FUMES at the level of apathy, ignorance, stupidity, and anything along those lines.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by universe attracts wisdom

thats what great about america.no matter how stupid,how vulger,how ignorant its one of our un alienable rights to do so..merry christmas!!!!

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by universe attracts wisdom

Ok, take a step back, deep breath.

She was talking from the government perspective, have they not been going after muslimcountries, and have they not portrayed them as terrorists? Has that not been the focus?

In stead of focusing on real threats, like the non-existant border and illegal immigration and crime.

It's called sarcasm.

Grow some reading comprehension skills before you go off.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Did you not see the sarcasm alert? She clearly wrote

(sarcasm end.)

Back to the issue at hand, I agree 100% ... it is clear that Washington has no interest (either due to corruption, the desire to get the Hispanic vote, or plain stupidity) in dealing with the situation on the border so therefore it is up to WE THE PEOPLE - the militia of able bodied citizens - to defend our country from attack.

The tragic part is that this whole situation could be avoided by simply putting a few US Army divisions on the border.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Jeah, she did.

Government does not care about this real threat and this invasion. Possibly because the threat is not Muslim

I think thatis clearly in reference to the sarcastic bit.

People are just too sensitive because of their own affirmations.

Edit to add: Also, that line hardly says anything about Muslims, it says more about the government.

[edit on 21/2/09 by enigmania]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Yeah... to remain on topic, I think the government has been pointing the finger of blame in many different directions to keep it off themselves, and apparently to ignore real danger.

Many people have already seen problems coming from Mexico, and the government was quick to ignore those, not caring to waste precious resources in correcting loopholes and problems.

So now, the danger is getting a bit closer to home, and Texas has been ignored on the issue long enough. I do not want to see fellow American citizens in Texas be invaded. Who does? It is just comforting that the citizens of this country are still willing to come together to get something done.

Seriously, why was Washington so opposed to a wall, and maybe a few troops on the border to protect us? Possibly because it would have been a few less bodies out in Afghanistan "fighting for freedom"???

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The thing about it is that our gangs are just as bad. The issue is drugs. As long as there is a huge demand for drugs, the violence will continue. This isn't just a Mexican problem.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe
My fellow Americans, amid reports of growing violence, fear and anarchy in the sovereign nation of Mexico, we must begin preparations for violence spilling over into our southern states. These states including but are not limited to Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California. The threat faced in Mexico is a grave threat to both American and Mexican security and prosperity. Within the last several months, crime levels have shot up in Mexican towns and cities.

Total crap!
That's propaganda you read in newspaper stories.
A friend of mine is currently traveling Mexico for 6 weeks. All across the country by train, bus, etc...I just talked to him about it. For him it couldn't be any better. It's beautiful, peaceful, the people are friendly and inviting him even to stay at their houses.

So, basically total crap what you wrote here!

Go down and check for yourself and then write a post!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

That's one of the things I love about America, when danger strikes we all come together. On 9/11, everyday people stepped up to the plate from restaurant owners giving out free food and water to the ferry owners who suspended all normal activities to evacuate people from Lower Manhattan and transport firefighters/EMTs, LEOs and National Guard personnel from NJ into NY, we had doctors that simply leave their practices to go to the scene to treat casaulties. Whenever we have a natural disaster, donations and relief flow in from all over this country to help rebuild and repair.

Likewise, America will come together to deal with this problem regardless of how the government reacts. When push comes to shove we are all Americans regardless of our race, gender, political beliefs, etc

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231

That's one of the things I love about America, when danger strikes we all come together. On 9/11, everyday people stepped up to the plate from restaurant owners giving out free food and water to the ferry owners who suspended all normal activities to evacuate people from Lower Manhattan and transport firefighters/EMTs, LEOs and National Guard personnel from NJ into NY, we had doctors that simply leave their practices to go to the scene to treat casaulties. Whenever we have a natural disaster, donations and relief flow in from all over this country to help rebuild and repair.

Likewise, America will come together to deal with this problem regardless of how the government reacts. When push comes to shove we are all Americans regardless of our race, gender, political beliefs, etc

What danger, god paranoia in America never surprises me these days

UGH... can't say anymore.

We all come together in the face of danger. for the love of god............ You are clearly falling for this good vs evil nonsense.

The government of your country is what creates all this effing danger.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Then if the problem is drugs, we can see this. Maybe that would be why government is ignoring the issue. Simply because this War on Drugs is a profitable venture... for control, more than anything. They can control us, with drugs being illegal (much in the same way they can control us when we have kids...another topic, though -_-).
Natural substances from the earth should NOT be 'banned' by a government. It just gives lawbreakers a lot of power and wealth. That is what history has shown.

If government did not have the stance toward drugs that it does, the CIA's secret operations and Mexican gangs would not find it so profitable.
Somehow though I cannot imagine why the government would not want to legalize everything, and just tax the hell out of it. That might help some of our economic issues.
It's like common sense just flies STRAIGHT over the heads of elected officials.

Honestly, basic law of supply and demand. If someone wants something, someone will be willing to provide it -- regardless of legal status.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegreatobserver
Total crap!
That's propaganda you read in newspaper stories.
A friend of mine is currently traveling Mexico for 6 weeks. All across the country by train, bus, etc...I just talked to him about it. For him it couldn't be any better. It's beautiful, peaceful, the people are friendly and inviting him even to stay at their houses.

So, basically total crap what you wrote here!

Go down and check for yourself and then write a post!

Hardly propaganda. This is a real issue that needs to be dealt with. Obviously he wouldn't see everything Mexico has to offer because he's only staying in a single spot for a few days at a time.
Go down and talk to a Law Enforcement Official, whether if they be Border Patrol or the Mexican Police, and ask them how things are down there.
In all of honesty, you will NOT find this stuff in a newspaper because of certain people having specific agendas. This is not an exaggeration. I am sure it is "peaceful" in parts of Mexico, but it isn't like that in all parts of Mexico. Try to think logically and look at all angles and not just the part where you stick your head in the sand.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
"We have had reports as well of armed masked men forcing their ways into American homes as far north as Phoenix, Arizona. "

What? So if i put on a mask and kick in someones door this makes me Mexican? Home invasion happens everywhere. This is crap.
I understand Mexican drug cartels are up in arms. But it is not exactly anything new. Nor is the fact that Mexican gangs are in the US.

Our prison system has made the Mexican gangs even stronger, especially within our borders. All this would not be such a huge issue if marijuana was decriminalised, taxed, and sold legally with limitations. Authorities could then pay attention to keep the hardcore drug running to a minimum.
(SARCASM ALERT!)
Yes that means your families would be a bit safer from those aweful Mexicans.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

Well, there is as much crime in US cities than in Mexico......
Should we start a discussion about LA, NYC, etc.?

So, I think someone wants to put Mexico down. Such claims lead to a decline in tourism, investments, businesses, etc.
It's to weaken the country and to serve a certain political agenda.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by thegreatobserver]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by thegreatobserver

Yes, Mexico is doing so great and is in such prosperity even with all their oil production that their citizens run over the border illegally to have their brats in US soil.

Get a grip.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Mexico was set to legalize small amount of drugs for consumption in 2006. I think if they had done so, the problem wouldn't be as big as it is now. I find it ironic that Mexico never did it.

News of the decriminalization did not make the front pages of any major Mexico City newspaper, nor was it discussed in editorials. It was slightly better publicized in the north of the country, where turf wars between rival drugs gangs have caused hundreds of killings along the Mexico-U.S. border, but was still overshadowed by news about immigration.

President Vicente Fox has yet to sign the bill, which would eliminate penalties for those caught with small amounts of some drugs, but his office has applauded it.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Could the promise of the Merida iniative had been the reason?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
thegreatobserver
Have you been watching the stats recently?
They have shot up substantially in Mexico and the cartels are making public statements and threats against Mexican officials that aren't under their thumb. Murders are up all over the board, far more than last year at this time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join