It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura Eyes 2008 Presidential Bid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Refreshed from a semester as a visiting professor at Harvard University, former pro wrestler and Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura says he's considering an independent run for the White House in 2008, although he acknowledges that being leader of the free world might be too confining for him.

"That's an issue with me. I love my freedom," Ventura said in an interview with The Associated Press at his office at the John F. Kennedy School of Government. "The part that would bug me is I wouldn't be able to get up in the night and drive to the 7-11 for a Slurpee, not without them blocking off the roads, welding the manhole covers shut, and everything else that goes along with it."

Ventura has not made a firm decision on a presidential run. He is weighing the concerns of his wife, Terry, who has told him she won't go with him if he wins the White House. His solution: move the White House to Minnesota.

"What would hold me back would be my family. The brutality of the campaign, the ruthlessness of the Democrats and Republicans," he said. "If it looks like I might win, there's no telling what they would do. They're very desperate people when it comes to third parties."

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040415/ap_on_el_pr/ventura_president

It would be interesting if Arnold had the foriegn born law changed and ran the same year. Wait....why does this feel so familar?

Oh ya, the movie Running Man!

[Edited on 15-4-2004 by Jonna]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
That would be interesting. I think the Body would crush Ah-nuld.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well who do you want in the white house when the aliens land?

I say Jesse for President Arnold for VP.

That should scare the intergalactic poop out of them aliens.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Nice find. I dont know what to think about this.
From what little i have read about him (Jesse) i like him.
But didnt i read on one of the posts somebody saying the antichrist was muscular and well known? Seems like i read that on a thread about 'maitreya' or however u spell it.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I say Jesse for President Arnold for VP.
That should scare the intergalactic poop out of them aliens.

Thus another movie in Hollywood is born!

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Jesse Ventura first made the comment that he would consider running in 2008 at a WWE Award Show and I think he also mentioned it at Wrestlemania over a month ago. I think it might be a nice change to have former professional wrestler in the White House...we would just have to watch out for when he applies headlocks or does a clothesline on someone who disagrees with him.

better Jesse than Arnold

lmao, Fox News just quoted him saying he would move the White House to Minnesota!!!

[Edited on 4-15-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I'm trying to figure out how serious this could be. When you think about it though, Regan starred in a movie with a monkey and that didn't turn people off, so, maybe.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I think we'll need Arnold as President in 2012 - just in case

new topics

top topics

join