It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

street fighter IV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
anyone else got this?
bought it yest and getting my ass kicked in constantly

i hate the controls lol

so who else is playing?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

The 360 controller is definitely not the best way to play this game. I find it really hard to do some moves consistently, or to even do, for example, Guile or Vega's super and ultra combos. When I buy this, I will probably get an arcade stick as well(if it's not too much)

Just got my first 3 win streak online, not much but good for me as I still suck at this game.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I bought it the other day for my PS3 and thankfully EB Games have a 7days no questions asked promise. I will be taking it back today.

I hate it. Popped it in for a few hours and HATED it. I cannot work out why. I think i just don't like the arcade feel of it. I loved the other Street Fighters but this is just not for me. I know all the reviews like to say how deep it is, however, it appears such a shallow fighter.

I might just stick Soul Calibur 2 (Gamecube) back into my Wii and give that a go. That was a great fighter.

[edit on 2/3/2009 by SilentShadow]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I got it on the 360 but like Kronik98 said, the XBox 360 controller is horrible for this kind of game. Some of the Ultra combo's are almost impossible.

Also everyone on Xbox live seems to be obsessed with Ken, so if you can find a good charecter/strategy for fighting Ken you cant really go wrong!
15 ranked wins in a row last night (all except one against Ken's) :shk:

Great game, but really cant recomend an arcade stick enough, it seems the whole internet is sold out at present though. At least until MadCatz ship thier second batch of SFIV fighting sticks in April.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

i am trading it in for Halo wars
i hate it that much

xbox 360 controller sucks on this game

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Why are all the X360 owners saying their controllers are useless for the game? I would like to know your thoughts.

I thought they would be FAR FAR better than the PS3's. The PS3 has no 'grooves' on the control stick to gauge where you are on the controller without looking. I thought the X360 had those grooves. The original XBOX did not.

I know the Gamecube did and so does the Wii. MASSIVE pluses in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I don't get it? This game has a lot of great reviews, and it looks great!! ....Hmm...

Also Halo wars is really not my cup of tea.

But I think I'm gonna wait for Resident Evil 5!!! (although, it does not seem to have that good old Resident Evil feel, instead it looks more like gears of wars
)then buy street fighter another time.
Fighting games don't last long for me anyway, I get bored too quick.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I don't get it? This game has a lot of great reviews, and it looks great!! ....Hmm...

I cannot work out why so many of the reviewers i normally respect have given it such high remarks.

Listening to some of the top review sites podcasts i hear most of them are not even playing it. They bought the game play it a little but other games take priority.

I am sensing a conspiracy lol... maybe this thread should be moved to ATS HAHA...

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
But I think I'm gonna wait for Resident Evil 5!!!

Exactly what i was planning on putting a pre-order on when i take back Street Fighter.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

its the combinations on it, The game wasnt designed for Xbox 360 controller
when i played it i had a Hard time doing any combernations at all

atleast on the PS3 doing combos on SF games were easy.
unless you have the arcade controller for the game
it TRUELY SUCKS BIG TIME

Just traded this in and got Halo Wars

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I don't get all the hate for the 360 controls? I bought it for my 360 and thought it was well done compared to the PS3 version. But, it IS a fighting game, and they need a Hori stick for this (I don't trust Mad Catz!). Would make it more fun.

Saying that, I love the KoF and SFA characters thrown in!
, makes more sense if you actually watch the DVD that comes with the special edition. Crimson Viper is deadly XD!

Love the game, love how they did it. I think they need to patch it and put a speed selector for the matches in the options menu. The game seems too slow for me
... Graphics are amazing and I love the cel shaded look and some of the effects ^_^ (like the ink sprays when you do certain moves!).

Wouldn't trade it in for anything, well... Maybe a closer release date for FF13 now that I know for sure it's going to be on my box soon enough ^o^

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
although im really attatched to getting 100% completion on fallout 3 for the ps3, i still made time to buy and play this game.

at first i wasnt to excited about it. i know there is a learning curve but im just now getting to pull off specials consistently.. i dont however, feel there is much depth in the game.

the graphics are ok but not really all that.

i guess i got hooked into the hype of the street fighter return, but hey, its not like i made a bad purchase before, ill just play it for now, and use the trade in value down the road. no biggie.

new topics

top topics

join