It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge protest over Irish economy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kcfusion

Im from Ireland, and im afraid that the next vote for lisbon in Oct/Nov will pass.. Its differant this time around, they have the "Financial Crisis" to frighten people into voting yes.. I just hope my Irish brothers and sisters stick to there guns like i will be doing. No amount of fear will make me vote for this Dictators manual..

And by god will they make us pay if we vote no again..

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by NatureBoy

Are you a Communist?

Or are you a "Marxist Humanist?

He's not either a communist or a Marxist humanist - he's just someone who looks at the world without the rose colored glasses of western economic and cultural bias and puts himself in the other guys shoes......its sooo radical....you should try it sometime. Its not a popular activity here at ATS as most folk don't give a rats patootie about anyone's plight but their own. But hey - why not give it a go and try something different

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Are you a Communist?

Or are you a "Marxist Humanist?

It's a shame i wrote all that and yet the same 1950's failed logic is the only response i get
(hehe well and two stars) - No i'm not a communits, a marxist, a trotskyite, a stalinist or a maoite. But choose whatever label you like to stop you having to think about what i'm, saying.

My point is if you want to complain about the world not being fair then our blessed existence is a pretty poor place to start, you want to fight to make things better? No, you want to fight to save your own greed.

People will believe anything that makes their life easier or make them feel more important than everyone else, the pop stars holding giant concerts to #save the environment' HA i worked at 'live earth' in Wembley Stadium, i had to breath in the fumes of the 3 large diesel generators, i had to take down the megawatts of lights and speakers they used to 'save the world' HA I watched as the giant car park emptied of chelsea tractors and black bmw's.

The economy has been an evil conspiracy since day one, we in the west have abused the rest of the world at every step of the way, from the east india company round to the spice islands of the caribean and opium wars of china right upto National Fruits banana republic, the african gold and diamond killing fields and iraq's petrodollar crusade. We in the west have let these things happen because we were happy in our opulence and demanded ever increasing wealth, yet now that our corrupt and selfish lifestyles have ruined the world so much that international groups of freedom fighters are willing to kill themselves just to hurt a few of us, pretend profits have been shown for the scam they are and our overly opulent and unsustainable world is facing a reality check we all start crying and throwing tantrums. Pathetic.

Before anyone suggests it, i am not an arabic terrorist, i am a working class english man decended from welsh miners themselves great grandsons of english peasents who were no doubt once serfs and tribal farmers. If i look back at my nations history we were once hard working, pragmatic people and then somehow a lust for power and glory took over, we became obsessed by our 'greatness' and decided we had the right to subjugate anyone we could find. For a while it worked, our evil was matched only by our cunning and soon most the world was in our grip. Then the cracks started to appear, empire was breaking apart and by last century the final battle came (ww1) but it wasn't the war to end all war, a single empire didn't control the world, in fact it could be said that all empires died in that great war.

However the wests empire wasn't just about gunships and pith helmets, money was the real weapon which had almost won us the world but that too was starting to fail, around the time of the great war was the great depression, the gold standard was dropped and major western powers started treating money more like a gun than a iou. With the military dominance gone only control of money could give the west the opulence we craved. We used all manor of politics, pressure and of course spying, murder, etc to keep the advantage. The old boys network was the key bludgion in this thugary.

However the money empire was cracking too, the loss of the gold standard was only one of many steps to hold together the fragile system, bimetalism had already gone (as wizard of oz describes) and then came leverageing, etc, etc - all complex devices designed to pin together the crumbling roof, however they can't hold it forever.

So do what you like, protest and complain -throw bricks at the FED or chain yourself to Alistar Darling, the sick opulence of our world is coming to an end and you, they or anyone can't stop it.

I like the idea of money, hard work = fair pay, i like technology and motorcars with 8cylinders - we don't need to give up on everything, we just need to scale back and think pragmaticly. We don't need to dress in state issued rags and eat soylent green, we need to stop forcing everyone into stupid wastes of time and effort, stop throwing away everyday more stuff than our great-grandfathers ever owned.

We need to accept that we don't all need everything, that we can have just as much fun with no money as with loads, that maybe saving up some money and not working for a few years is a good investment, maybe taking a few days off work to repair a washing machine is better than earning the money to buy a new one. Our obsession with wealth is silly, our obsession with opulence is sick, our obsession with consumerism is pure evil.

So no, i'm not a communist or a red, but then i'm not a naked consumerist either, a greedy capitalist pig or a fake plastic conservative pretending i want 'fairness' when really i just want everything i desire no matter the real cost.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truther

Im from Ireland, and im afraid that the next vote for lisbon in Oct/Nov will pass.. Its differant this time around, they have the "Financial Crisis" to frighten people into voting yes.. I just hope my Irish brothers and sisters stick to there guns like i will be doing. No amount of fear will make me vote for this Dictators manual..

Are you spewing propaganda? Boy you rile me.

Now lets stop this CRAP right now. I'm not afraid of the elite, and many Irish people wil still vote NO. I can assure you. From what I heard more and more people realise the LIsbon treaty is the first step for a super dumb super army nazis controlled Europe. After this is passed, the next treaty with more laws to take freedoms.

That's what lisbon is.

Before I lose the rag. Tell me what they are going to do. Spank us for respecting our own choice.

Please do go out and gets some common sense air into your lung's please. Cowen all these yobs, ain't gonna scare me. God that was so insulting to Irish people. And you call yourself Irish. Makes us pay for what???//?

Please Explain I don't quite get this at all. Thanks in advanced.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by universe attracts wisdom]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kcfusion
reply to post by universe attracts wisdom

Yes NWO baloney! Ignorance is bliss! Lets all forget about what they are doing to us. Let them manipulate us, mould us into not caring, hell they have done a good job of it so far!!!

SINN FEIN!!!
Why the f who I support a crinimal organisation responsible for the death of innocent people!! I care not for those cowards who use innocent people to protray their point of view!!! F Sinn Fein and all those who support them! Also f the orange order and anyone else who fails to realise that everyone in the north that i have ever met has great love for the irish people and do not discriminate between bull# "made up" hate between us and them!!!!!!!!! F idiots!!!!!!!! The irish people religion aside!!! see each other no different than anyone else. I have friends english. german, black white, who the f in this day and age cares about the above differences??? NO-ONE! Please do the research and stop stereotyping people in accordance with your own views.

P.S READ THe LISBON TREATY!!!!!!!!!! Guess what! no discrimination is mentioned with race or religion only discrimination being made is against the general public, who te elitists detest!!!!

Regards

Karl!

Well said about Sinn Fein, nothing but a bunch of people who killed so many and did not ever ask for forgiveness.

The people of the republic of ireland dont want Sinn Fein and the people in northern ireland, to tell you the truth, are getting sick of them too. they are losing their power in NI, because they don't rule with fear anymore and the catholic youth are seeing this and acting on it. not so long ago a SF party member was caught on camera by the bbc getting the crap kicked out of him on the streets by a catholic youth, in a catholic area.

Sinn Fein are nothing without their guns and bombs, killing innocents was what they were good at and thats about it.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by universe attracts wisdom

NO, you really don't get it do you

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by universe attracts wisdom

Originally posted by Truther

Are you spewing propaganda? Boy you rile me.

Now lets stop this CRAP right now. I'm not afraid of the elite, and many Irish people wil still vote NO. I can assure you. From what I heard more and more people realise the LIsbon treaty is the first step for a super dumb super army nazis controlled Europe. After this is passed, the next treaty with more laws to take freedoms.

That's what lisbon is.

Before I lose the rag. Tell me what they are going to do. Spank us for respecting our own choice.

Please do go out and gets some common sense air into your lung's please. Cowen all these yobs, ain't gonna scare me. God that was so insulting to Irish people. And you call yourself Irish. Makes us pay for what???//?

Please Explain I don't quite get this at all. Thanks in advanced.

Chill, its just his opinion, and yes Im Irish aswell and will be voting HELL NO to this anti-democratic pile of sh**
[edit on 22-2-2009 by universe attracts wisdom]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Outlawstar

Yes I'm chilled, believe me, if I was to really say what I see and get upset over this stupidity and apathy that people seem to sprout, then I would bet you my life, I'd have a heart attack by now.

I just do not understand grown adults are asleep these days. I do not understrand why people do not question anything anymore. This is their reality as much as mine. Why are people not aware of the bull# we are fed everyday.

The NWO is an absaloute disgrace. It is all about control. The powers of be, are diagnosed officialy by the behaviour they project. if you will, clinically obsessed, compluslive and controlling.

They want a world with fear and stagnation while they try keep the control and power. They want a world where everyone is a carbon copy of each other. Talk # all day have kids and die a boring life. All we need now is to be completely barcoded. Finger print at workplace is a common rule now. The world of control, robots.

We are not robots. And I will not accept this behaviour by ANYBODY. It's a disgrace they treat humanity like this. It is just not acceptable.

Everybody is asleep. I spread the word, and people know I'm correct on my perception but they are zombies.

To finally end this topic before I BLOW over
Ahem, Someone actually behave like the sleepers, oh if we vote NO, we will get spanked and be told straight to bed.

This is childish and insulting to any adult. We are no incompetent people. We are human beings, each of us have the right to choice and freedom. As adults we have a choice of what reality we want as long as its doesnt hinder someone elses reality or take over.

The world has gone to far inbalanced. It has got to stop. I'm proud of my country for once I have to say for the marching. I hope now they realise and not vote and give their power away EVER againl.

Everyone should stop voting for governments. We need something radical and NOW. I'm just not going to allow this NWO bull# take over my life. It's just not possible.

I will curse the rothschild, they will not f*** with me I'm telling you.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysQuestion

Sadly, I think that will happen from what I have heard also - 'they' need Ireland in the EU and they have just dressed the original up with a little cream and cherry on top..... it will be made to be so attractive to the people that they will think they are getting a 'good deal'.

Well, in all honesty, that is precisely what has happened all over the world. Our leaders, speaking primarily for the wealthy, have handed us plans and policies dressed up with cream and a cherry on top and we keep believing it will be a good deal if we go along. Even though historically, none of the "good deals" offered to the little people by their leaders with cream and cherries HAS been a good deal.

The only good deals the little people of the world have ever gotten are the ones they have fought for themselves. Or, in some countries like the UK, the government was afraid the people would fight for as revolutions sprouted up around the world.

If your government hands you something with cherries and cream promising it is a good deal, you can safely assume it is. Just not for you or anyone like you. It is sure to be a good deal for them and their friends. Much like this whole idea of a bailout is.

It would have been better for the people to let the behemoths fall. Sure we would have lost jobs, but you know what? We will anyway. These bailouts are only going to save the jobs of the very wealthy. Not us. And we are allowing ourselves and our children to be bonded into servitude to pay their ridiculous salaries while we are losing our own.

We should have let the corporations and banks fall where they may. Now, thanks to the bailouts, the same geniuses that made this mess will still be in the game for the next round of the game. Ever notice that they cry for a free market when we organize labor, or seek any benefits for our class? Odd that they dont care a fig for a free market when they are on the wrong end of the "invisible hand's" magic actions.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy

The economy has been an evil conspiracy since day one, we in the west have abused the rest of the world at every step of the way, from the east india company round to the spice islands of the caribean and opium wars of china right upto National Fruits banana republic, the african gold and diamond killing fields and iraq's petrodollar crusade. We in the west have let these things happen because we were happy in our opulence and demanded ever increasing wealth, yet now that our corrupt and selfish lifestyles have ruined the world so much that international groups of freedom fighters are willing to kill themselves just to hurt a few of us, pretend profits have been shown for the scam they are and our overly opulent and unsustainable world is facing a reality check we all start crying and throwing tantrums. Pathetic.

Lol. I like it. I wrote something quite similar in another thread. (just not quite as eloquent
)

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

I think what has happened is simple. Over time, the little people, you and I, have turned a blind eye to the fact that the people who seek power and wealth tend to be a bit sociopathic. We dont seem to mind that sort of behavior enough to punish it when things are going well for us as a people. We all joke about lying, stealing, politicians, and vote them in anyway. We all know that CEO are robbing their companies blind with outrageous salaries and other perks, but as long as we also benefit, we just feel they are entitled to what they can get.

In short, what we have today is not the result of some evil geniuses plotting against us. It is the sum total of our own willingness to turn a blind eye as long as things are not so bad for us to the sociopathic behavior of those in power. When it is third world countries being pillaged, well, thats ok. We dont mind it so much then. But when the natural consequence of letting sociopaths run our businesses and nations hits us, then it is a huge problem. And surely there must be someone conspiring against us.

Because that is the catch, isnt it? Most of the people who are complaining about this whole economic crash arent really against the people who caused it, or the types of behaviors that caused it. Not at all. They like it as long as it works out in their favor. Most of the people who are complaining are really just upset because they thought that they were special to the rich and powerful. They thought that the benefits of this mad rape of the world would continue to trickle down.

Many of the people who complain are just as bad as the big players. They really dont care about ethics, and social responsibility. They arent opposed to rape in principle. They just moan and complain when they are the ones getting raped.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by InterWeb

I get everything, even more than you would ever know, IMO

But unless you can tell me what I don't know?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join