It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google inaccessible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Google, Yahoo and Gmail are currently inaccessible here in the Philippines. I've used different browsers and IPs, still nothing. The non-loading is consistent with a DDOS attack. I tried using a proxy though and works just fine. This is probably a network issue, a new kind of attack, undersea cable problems or probably nothing. I'm just wondering if anyone is experiencing similar problems as this is the first time in memory that I can't access good ole Google.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
just tryed it, from montana , works ok here..

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Have you attempted a traceroute to see where along route that the packets seem to be dropping into the abyss? I would be quite interested to see the output of it if you have; Google just doesn't explode for no good reason it seems.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Works perfectly fine in England as it seems.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
It's back! Let the records show Google disappeared from this part of the world for about 20 minutes. This is the first time this happened in my almost a decade of online surfing. Gee, ya think this is caused by the Depression?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Nah in all likelihood if its also the weekend in your area some upstream provider had to knock out a router to do some maintenance or something. Even my employer has scheduled downtime this weekend to work on some servers and such, so that's probably what it was.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Helig

This is a big national provider. When they do maintenance or repairs (which are very rare) they turn off the entire connectivity, not individual sites.

top topics

join