It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Official: U.S. Is Not Developing Space Weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Pentagon Official: U.S. Is Not Developing Space Weapons

www.space.com

STRASBOURG, France - The United States is not developing space weapons and could not afford to do so even if it wanted to, an official with the Pentagon's National Security Space Office said Thursday.

Pete Hays, a senior policy analyst at the space office who is also associate director of the Eisenhower Center for Space and Defense Studies, said U.S. policy on space weaponry has remained pretty much the same over the last 30 years despite the occasionally heated debate on the subject during the administration of former U.S. President George W. Bush.

"There has not been one minute spent on this issue as far as I know," Hays said of U.S. Defense Department policy on using weapons in space. "There are no space weaponization programs. It's an issue that academics like to flog now and then, but in terms of funded programs, there aren't any. I can tell you that categorically."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I'm not so sure I believe this. The Pentagon isn't always 100% honest with us, and with satellites crashing in orbit, or the need to blow up satellites in orbit under the pretense that they are falling out of orbit and "dangerous", I find it hard to believe this is true.

On the other hand, Russia, China, and the U.S. are said to be looking for a ban on these weapons. Now say this ban were going to happen, wouldn't you wonder if the U.S. would push a couple of "satellites" in orbit for dominance?

www.space.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Of course we are not "developing them", because we have already done that much and more so. Weapons in space have been there since before the Reagan admin, he only spoke of them so the government could make it public and there for get more funds.

Being a restricted project, they had limited financial backing in the old skunkworks budget, however bringing out in the open, allows it to have mainstream backing.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
to be perfectly honest on this one i think that theres a very good possibility that they already have space based weapons, they already used a type of space based weapon which is a satellite used to guide missiles which was used for targeting a terrorist leader. i honestly think they have been there a while. and of course they have to say they havent that would give them military superiority over the world, and we all know how unstable the world is at the moment america would become even more of a target

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Well, at least that means that they can tell the truth about something for once.

Line 2

top topics

join