It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musical Artist Joni Mitchell being treated for Morgellons Syndrome - Does Joaquin Phoenix have it?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
just another celeb that gets all the cash but cant handle the fame.....

maybe he could chuck some $$$ my way??!!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
just another celeb that gets all the cash but cant handle the fame.....

I'm assuming you're talking about Joaquin...

I think that's a rather harsh and broad judgement . You might want to learn a bit more about somebody before you make such assumptions.

here's a documentary on animal cruelty he narrarated
www.petacatalog.org...
you may not agree with PETA, but i hardly think that it's a malicious, selfish or greedy personality that would contribute their time to such an effort.

here's a look at all of the charity work he's done
www.looktothestars.org...

Joaquin secretly helped as a Red Cross volunteer after the Hurricane Katrina natural disaster and some volunteers shared their stories.

In May 18th 2000, Joaquin attended a Benefit Reception organised by AmfAR during the Cannes Film Festival.

Joaquin posed in a T-shirt and participated in a video supporting Amnesty International’s human right campaign, Make Some Noise.

Joaquin also recorded two videos for this organization:
· Mission in Dafur (Sudan, Africa).
· Stop violence against women in Chihuahua, Mexico.

The Art of Elysium had partnered up with the Hollywood Reporter to pay tribute to individuals in the entertainment industry who support their cause. They wrote about Joaquin for their ‘An Angel Award’: “Joaquin Phoenix actually lives love and helps our children deal with fear thru creativity.

Joaquin attended an event organised by The Rock n’ Roll Fantasy Camp benefitting the Teenage Cancer Trust on February 20th 2006 during which a guitar he had signed was auctioned.

there's much much more benefit work he'd done ..listed at that URL..

also, his mother runs The Peace Alliance.. a campaign to establish a "U.S. Department of Peace"
www.thepeacealliance.org...

There is currently a bill before the U.S. House of Representatives (H.R. 808) to establish a United States Department of Peace. This historic measure will augment our current problem-solving options, providing practical, nonviolent solutions to the problems of domestic and international conflict.

of which, he stood for as host for fund raising benefit events.
www.thepeacealliance.org...
seems to have done an extroardinarily hefty amount of good in a short period of time.

I have just learned this all about him, and i wasn't even a huge fan..
I'm more a fan of his humanitarian work than I am of any blockbuster he may have been in.

I think I'll judge him on his merits of goodwill rather than trying to go with the "in the know" crowd as judging his bearded forgetful dishevled new "look" as something that includes deceit or disparate attention-grabbing.

I think taking that viewpoint requires a bit less sardonic judgemental attitude.. and a bit more open minded.. openhearted weighing of facts..

seems to me people thinking he's doing this all as a joke... I think they've become naive to their own skepticism.. always suspecting something malevolent or neurotic out of anybody doing something out of the norm....

There's more to it than that.. if that's it at all.

maybe you can learn something from all this information i've displayed for you, and not come to uninformed conclusions about other human beings before you judge them so narrowly.

maybe not.

Originally posted by grantbeed
maybe he could chuck some $$$ my way??!!

seems he's more prone to donate cash to areas where people are in dire straits and cannot provide for themselves..

if you're not suffering with any dibilitating diseases, grantbeed, and nothing's topping you from making money yourself..
why don't you make your own money .. and join him in helping out people that need it. instead of hoping for him to toss you some of his?

this dude doesn't even watch his own movies...
www.moviemaker.com...
so much for being self-centered and attention starved..

another aspect of Morgellons is this intense "brain fog" that occurs where people can barely remember what they were just talking about.. short term memory shot like an alzheimers patient.. not your average brain-fart... but a constant misalignment of train of thought..

would this not make it difficult to remember all the lines in your character's role for your movie?
could be one factor in his decision to quit making movies all together.
www.theprovince.com...

maybe in the future, we'll see all this goodwill benefits and volonteer work come back to help him through others if he is afflicted with morgellons..

karma anyone?

-

[edit on 21-2-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I wanted to post my thoughts on Chemtrails Morgellons and DTV...

I guess people will think I am nuts but that is ok with me...

I have done a lot of research on many things and have came up with these thoughts...

I have read and watched many videos about Chemtrails and Morgellons...I have seen many times the thoughts that the morgellon fibers are Nano technology...
I have heard that they may be metal or crystal in makeup...

I think there is much more to our government spending billions of dollars so we can have a better picture on our tvs out of the kindness of there hearts...With DTV...

I was watching this guys videos on youtube...He is very smart and thinks the fibers are kinetic...That they are moving because the parts fit together in a certain way...Like a jigsaw puzzle...Here is a link to his videos...

www.youtube.com...

It has 2 parts to it and was very interesting to me...In part 2 he is talking about a lady that does a red wine test to test to see if you are infected with Morgellons...You swish it around in your mouth and spit it in a bowl or the toilet and watch the fibers all clump together...He shows a clip of it and said he tried the experiment and it works...I am sure he said he was a Marine too...

You just have to watch his videos...I found them very informative...

I think Morgellons will be controlled with the... Frequencies...From the DTV...

It makes perfect sense to me...
I believe it will make people either Crazy or Suicidal...

I can't help but have another thought in the back of my head too...
On a post by D4rk Kn1ght he says on October 11 2011...That will be the night of the D4rk Kn1ght...That in the cities people will go crazy and be killing each other...That people will be seeing and hearing things...That will drive them mad...He said to not be in the cities that night in particular any ways...

It just seems to make sense to me...

Crazy...Maybe...???

Just my opinion...Could all of this be connected some how...???
I think it is...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Joaquin developed Morgellons whilst helping with Hurricane Katrina. Many others developed Morgellons in New Orleans and other places with damp, water-drenched aftermaths of storms and floods. Mold and Morgellons work together to make people sick, beyond anything you've seen in your lifetimes.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Thanks for the video. Jeez this is frightening I wasn't aware of anything of this magnitude going on. Yea I know the govt. has conducted experiments on the population. I guess seeing it in this manner is what is so disturbing to me. I heard about chemtrails before but I'm going to pay more attention to this issue in the future....man this is really wild. The fibers growing out of lesions that won't heal. Good God!! what will the govt. think of next.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Just so we know who we're talking about (and a excuse to post this, from a hopeless fan). Along with some "other guys" (Pat Metheny, Lyle Mays, Michael Brecker, Jaco Pastorius, Don Alias)

[edit on 2/22/2009 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Just so we know who we're talking about (and a excuse to post this, from a hopeless fan). Along with some "other guys" (Pat Metheny, Lyle Mays, Michael Brecker, Jaco Pastorius, Don Alias)

yea man.. she's one in a million.

and does actually represent the largest demographic of people afflicted with Morgellons actually.. that being mid to late-mid-life women.

if she speaks out about it.. she'll definitely resonate with the bell-curve's majority of sufferers.

would be a shame for the younger crowd to miss out on her talents.

-

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
ATS member Truthtellist is a doctor who has actually treated morgellons.

I suggest anyone who wants to know more about this u2u him/her.

His posts about morgellons and chemtrails are interesting and informative - lots of stuff you'll hate to read ;-)

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

LOOOVE Joni Mitchell, she's my favorite female artist. You have good taste, me too!!!

By the way, she lives in (or at least used to live in) Laurel Canyon. Lots of crazy stuff has happened in Laurel Canyon over the years.

And Prevenge, there is a connection at least, to Joaquin Phoenix, and Laurel Canyon, too.

His family was involved with a religious cult that was around in the area back in the 60's early 70's called the Children of God. Weird cult that a few musicians joined, one specifically I remember was someone from Fleetwood Mac (but can't remember name).

Also he (Phoenix) had a bad car crash in Laurel Canyon at one point.....

Morgellons sufferers seem to be basically concentrated in areas where there is a large military presence, San Francisco Bay area and Los Angeles, and Florida Gulf Coast area, and in Texas, with other hot spots around the country.

A good place to go to get Morgellons info is Rense.com. Scroll down a little, and on the left side there is a whole list of articles and sites to go to.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Has anybody else noticed that Joaquin Phoenix actually explains his "sickness" in an interview with "Newsweek" Magazine.

Joaquin Phoenix why he is quitting making movies.
"Most recently, I read a script and all I thought about was make up and hair people touching me and having to to do press and f---ing whatever s---"

Newsweek Feb23,2009

To me that seems that he is probably dealing more with some kind of agoraphobic or maybe OCD symptoms , possibly something like Howard Hughes did. Also notice that he has covered his face with hair and wears dark glasses. He is hiding from the world.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Joaquin developed Morgellons whilst helping with Hurricane Katrina. Many others developed Morgellons in New Orleans and other places with damp, water-drenched aftermaths of storms and floods. Mold and Morgellons work together to make people sick, beyond anything you've seen in your lifetimes.

are you assuming this?
do you have first hand knowledge of this?
how do you know? are you just saying that that's what you think, or do you actually know that he said this?

-

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
Has anybody else noticed that Joaquin Phoenix actually explains his "sickness" in an interview with "Newsweek" Magazine.

Joaquin Phoenix why he is quitting making movies.
"Most recently, I read a script and all I thought about was make up and hair people touching me and having to to do press and f---ing whatever s---"

Newsweek Feb23,2009

To me that seems that he is probably dealing more with some kind of agoraphobic or maybe OCD symptoms , possibly something like Howard Hughes did. Also notice that he has covered his face with hair and wears dark glasses. He is hiding from the world.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by Mynaeris]

yeah alot of morgellons issues might parallel that situation.. ie: not wanting to be touched.. fear of "infecting" others.. when you go through morgellons.. it's highly reported that all sorts of things are felt to be and ARE "happening" in your face.. eyebrow hairs moving on its own as if with static electricity.... head hair moving.. crawling sensation in the eyeballs. eyelashes.. lips.. nostrils

to have makeup people all in your face touching you must make it 10 times more unnerving..
plus add to it.. the constant need to relieve the itching or movement you fee.. by reaching up and wiping or scratching.

-

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Physician Blasts CDC Over Morgellons

I will further state that evidence is emerging that this system of disorders (poorly named Morgellons) is in almost everyone, including those who read this letter, but that clinical manifestations are not manifested to a recognizable degree.

silentsuperbug.com...

You might also want to check Clifford Carnicom's research on www.Carnicom.com.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I understand what people with morgellons go through.

i have sarcoidosis (a autoimmune disorder) neurosarcoidosis + fibromyalgia

I have sarcoid lesions that are like morgellons and have to take benadryl and gabapentin for the itching and the bugs under the skin feeling.
I also have the brain fog from the pain of the fibro.the brain fog was a lot worst when the doctors tried antidepressant for the fibro and the itching.

My problem started in 2003 and it took till 2008 to find out what caused it.

I was lucky and had a dermatologist do a biopsy on one of the lesions and found the sarcoid cells.

This was after having doctors try to tell me it was all in my head and give me anti depressants.

No one knows what causes sarcoidosis but there seems to be a larger number of cases among firefighters.

I was trained in firefighting in the navy and was a vol firefighter/EMT for years.

The one common link among firefighters was that many of us had breakout gear the because it did not dry properly had a moldy odor to it all the time.
some of us believe the body produced a antibody against a common mold and kept producing it till it started attacking healthy cells in the body instead of just the mold.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
No one knows what causes sarcoidosis but there seems to be a larger number of cases among firefighters.

I was trained in firefighting in the navy and was a vol firefighter/EMT for years.

The one common link among firefighters was that many of us had breakout gear the because it did not dry properly had a moldy odor to it all the time.
some of us believe the body produced a antibody against a common mold and kept producing it till it started attacking healthy cells in the body instead of just the mold.

that's very very interesting, anned.

thanks for posting.

I hope you find affordable ways to lessen your suffering. (and i hope people help you do that as well!)

-

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I was actually counting the posts until someone brought up chemtrails in this thread. You know, that its folks like you, that make people not take something like Morgellions seriously, and causes further detriment to those who may have a legitimate problem. I was in charge of loading flights for many years, and I certainly did not get this disease. I have had fuel spilled over me from head to boots with no adverse effects. Additionally there is no way that something that would be released thousands of feet above someone would ever effect them as it would drift hundreds of miles before landing. The military cannot simply go spraying things in the atmosphere willy-nilly, because they have to operate under guidelines in compliance with civilian aviation, and that includes releasing public information to pilots as “Notices to airmen” when they will be operating in an area.

Whoever the person is who claims to be a doctor and is championing this nonsense, I would very much like to see his medical credentials. I am guessing that he has a PHD from some Online Diploma Mill, and is claiming that he is an Alternative Medicine Doctor (as in PHD not MD a very common scam). From everything I have read on the topic of Morgellions, from reputable sources, it is a fungal infection that is infecting those with a lowered immune system.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Thank you for your comment.

God forbid, if you ever do come down with this, you might have to expand your range of possibilities.

It's interesting as to.. if you do think it is fungal, then you might want to ponder on how there are hotspots in florida, texas, LA and san francisco..
does a new infectious fungus just "pop" into existence? in all these places? all at once?

Geographic distribution of morgellons in the U.S. Map - link

How did said fungus just suddenly appear in all these places.. and very very rarely in any other place in the world?
An alternate method of disseminating said fungus would be what.. through tunnels underground connecting all the hotspots?
or.. through underground aquifers connecting all hotspots?

is it pure lack of logic preventing you from acknowledging the possibility of the chemtrail conclusions, or is it that you're already decided as to the fact that you'd never consider it.

I for one don't know if that's what's causing it.
An I'm not going to turn a Joni Mitchell Joaquin Phoenix discussion into a chemtrail arguement.

I'm just saying that people that suspect that that's what causes it, have good enough reason to.. especially when they feel the alleged material.. INSIDE them.

These are some things for you to consider.. not asking for your response right now..

thanks though.

-

[edit on 25-2-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
God forbid, if you ever do come down with this, you might have to expand your range of possibilities.

I would certainly never extend them into the realm of aviation, as I know too much about that field, and I know they are not related. The whole idea that the two are related came from a website that was around years ago where someone found spider web streamers in their yard, looked up and saw a wind effected contrail, and figured they must have come from the sky. The logic is flawed in many ways, including the fact that if it was something that came from aerial spraying everyone in the spray are would have it. Those of us who worked on aircraft would have had to be trained to work around it, and so on.

You do realize that aviation folks have to take EXTENSIVE HAZMAT training, especially since things that we place in cargo can leak and interact. The Spirit Airlines MD-80 that crashed in the everglades was from just such a HAZMAT mistake causing a fire in the cargo hold.

It's interesting as to.. if you do think it is fungal, then you might want to ponder on how there are hotspots in florida, texas, LA and san francisco..
does a new infectious fungus just "pop" into existence? in all these places? all at once?

I would not say it happened all at once, this subject has been around for many years now. One thing I know that is being looked at is fungus growth in certain types of water heaters, and you can find that research online at Morgellons.org. Another connection is that these are all areas with warm climate, which facilitates fungal growth, and they are all areas with heavy agricultural production, both cattle and produce.

An alternate method of disseminating said fungus would be what.. through tunnels underground connecting all the hotspots?or.. through underground aquifers connecting all hotspots?

It may not be the fungus itself that has spread, but it can be the agent that is causing the lowered immunity in the effected persons skin. That could even be something that is used in agriculture or cattle industries, or it could be something else that has not been figured out yet.

is it pure lack of logic preventing you from acknowledging the possibility of the chemtrail conclusions, or is it that you're already decided as to the fact that you'd never consider it.

It would be a complete lack of logic for someone like me, who worked in aviation to say that there is a connection when there is none. There is NO WAY what aircraft are doing at 20K feet and up is causing this disease, and that is not even going into the fact that Chemtrails are a myth to begin with. As I quite correctly stated, Civilian Aviation is not doing this spraying, and the government has to have complete disclosure to Civilian Aviation when they are doing operations outside a Military Area of Operation. The reason for this is because Civilian Air Traffic has to know when the Military is operating in an area so they can avoid it, and they have to know that information in advance so they can file a flight plan. This idea that the Military can just start obscuring the sky without informing Civilian aircraft and ATC of their actions is just plain WRONG!

Here is the listing of all NOTAMS and TFR’s in the US in the near future, see if you see any airspace closures for the purpose of spraying chemtrails:
FAA Notams & TFR’s by State

I for one don't know if that's what's causing it.
An I'm not going to turn a Joni Mitchell Joaquin Phoenix discussion into a chemtrail arguement.

I'm just saying that people that suspect that that's what causes it, have good enough reason to.. especially when they feel the alleged material.. INSIDE them.

These are some things for you to consider.. not asking for your response right now..

thanks though.

Well that’s good enough for me and I’ll leave it rest at that then, good luck with trying to find the real source of the problem. Here is the link to the currently ongoing research of Morgellons by the CDC: CDC
I would also recommend reading research by the various universities at: Morgellons.org

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Thanks, you bring up alot of valid points, points which I myself uconsider when torn between one side of the road and the other on the subject.

funny you should bring up HAZMAT suits.. back in.. 07 I believe it was.. there was an article in the "alice texas" news website (the site now demands $5 to view the file..)

where a crazy woman (seemed like a staged event jsut to be in the news..) ..
was reportedly rubbing her leisoned body all over a cash container acting crazy.. yelling about morgellons.. and they called in hazmat crews.
www.google.com..."alice+texas"

anyway.. thanks for visiting..

and to anyone else reading..

I think there's far more to it than a fungus.
the symptoms are just too far out in the fringe to be just a fungus..
i mean maybe the fungus interacts with the human body in such a way that certain unexpressed aspects of our physiology are suddenly unlocked.. and the fungus is merely a "key".. not being entirely responsible for all of the symptoms.

-

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Thank you for this thread and posts with links. I am 100% shocked. There are many who, like me, have zero knowledge about this disease. Why is it so deeply closeted?
Why do I know more about Paris whatshername than this? (I don't just blame the media as that's a given!)... cheers

"it feels good to do good"

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join