It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's with all of these doom and gloom topics on ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I know ATS is a conspiracy site but I mean come on since when did this site turn into a "OMG THE END IS NEAR" board? For all of the positive, or shall I say, conspiratorial topics about issues of our day, I see about 5 negative glomy topics. People are depressed about the world. I get that. People are depressed about the way things are. I get that. Just why are so many people here calling for the end of the world? I would rather see a positive conspiracy than all these negative conspiracies for a change..

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I for one could do with some positive reinforcement!!!

Thank you for the reminder..

I think sometimes we get caught up in the drama so much, we forget to be thankful for the joys in our lives. Like having this site to get to know people and interact with them.

That's why I spend so much time on BTS.. A lot more positive here.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Thats true I kind of gotten sick of everyone posting threads of problems in our society. Like were not already aware of it.
I think BTS is more so a sigh of relief.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

I think BTS is more so a sigh of relief.

Definitely the place to relax and kick back

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

There is an old adage in news broadcasts that seems to work at this site:

If it bleeds, it leads.

People generally do not want to hear or watch good news. It has been tried again and again, only to fail miserably.

While I do agree some of the threads are doom and gloom, I find that many of them are quite enlightening.

It is also there has been a recent election, and people tend to get gloomy if their candidate does not do well. Also, the year 2012 is less that three years away, so expect hundreds (if not thousands) of doom and gloom prediction threads.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Good news never sells.

Bad news fills people with different emotions, some good some bad.
There are alot of worried people on ATS, some are looking for help and answers and some are there to state their own beliefs and predictions.

If you in yourself keep positive then that positive vibe will rub off on others.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Some see the glass as half full, some see it as half empty, some worry about some idiot knocking the glass over.

top topics

join