It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spy cameras to watch UK citizens who buy alcohol!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Spy cameras to watch UK citizens who buy alcohol!

www.dailymail.co.uk

Big Brother CCTV cameras are to be fitted inside shops and supermarkets on the orders of the state to keep track on anybody buying alcohol.

A law is being quietly pushed through Parliament giving councils the power to order licensed premises to fit the surveillance cameras. Pubs will also be covered.

The footage of people innocently buying a bottle of wine in a shop or a pint of beer in a bar must be stored for at least 60 days, and be handed over to the police on demand.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Wow, if this doesnt scare you I dont know what will. You cant even buy a pint without being watched by Big Brother!
I can see it know, they will send letters to citizens, "Mr Jones were concerned due to the fact you've been buying more six packs lately. We've scheduled an appointmet with you so we can council you".
George Orwell eat your heart out.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This should not be a suprise to anyone. At all. It's the uk, they have cameras everywhere and batman can climb on buckingham palace(listen to chris titus if you didn't get that reference.)

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This is the same UK with local governments that go about photographing people's homes at night, to make sure that they aren't breaking environmental laws by allowing too much heat to escape due to poor insulation ...right?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
People in the UK can buy alcohol? I would guess since they outlawed firearms they would defiantly ban alcohol. I bet one can only get 40 percent if anything. Are UK citizens still allowed to make eye contact with police as well? It seems the UK is one bent over country I hope they rise up and be somebody soon.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Did you see the part in the artical where they said photographing a police officer could get you ten years in prison? There using terrorism to enforce it.

new topics

top topics

join