It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACORN: "This our house now."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
ACORN, who inexplicably received $4 billion in the so-called economic stimulus package, has apparantly decided that covert voter fraud in 13 states wasn't enough shenanigans for their taste and has taken up open warfare on the law.

Breaking the padlock off of the front door of a foreclosed property, a representive of ACORN proudly states, "This is our house now." The property, incidentally, has already been sold.

"Tresspassing"? No, that's breaking and entering.

"Civil disobedience"? No, civil disobedience is a protest; an in-action taken against the government, not a bank and certainly not a private property owner.

ACORN is, at its core, a criminal enterprise. The only surprise is that they are so brazen about it now.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Actually, ACORN didn't get any money in the stimulus package. That's a right wing myth that has been debunked all over the place.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkeye1717

By golly, Hawkeye, you may be right about that.

mediamatters.org...

I'd read that several places, googled to find out the amount and found many references.

Thanks for the heads up on that fact.

EDIT TO CLARIFY:

Q: Does the stimulus bill include a $5.2 billion payoff for ACORN?
I would appreciate having FactCheck.org look into whether ACORN will receive $5.23 billion from the Obama stimulus package under the guise of “stabilizing neighborhoods.” I have been bombarded by e-mails from an acquaintance about this. What can you find about this? Thank you.

A: The bill does include funds for which ACORN would be eligible to compete - against hundreds of other groups. But most is for a housing rehabilitation program ACORN says it never applied for in the past and won't in the future.

www.factcheck.org...

Now back to the topic at hand.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
You will be seeing more and more of this in the near future. People can't afford to lose their houses while the banks hoard all this bailout money that was supposed to be used to help the property owners. Screw the damn banks, and I hope more groups help people stay in their homes. The civil unrest is just in "warm-up" mode. I promise you, you haven't seen anything yet.

top topics

join