It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brotherhood of Eulis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
After a search of ATS, only one result came up, and I don't think it's in reference to this brotherhood:

Eulis, Brotherhood of. Magical order founded by the occultist Paschal Beverly Randolph (1825-1875). The Provisional Grand Lodge of Eulis was founded by Randolph in March of 1874 in Tennessee, and dissolved by him in June of the same year due to personality conflicts with its other members. That same year he traveled to England where he probably initiated Peter Davidson, later a founder of the Hermetic Brotherhood of Luxor. September of 1874 saw him in California, where he stayed until May of the next year, setting up lodges of the brotherhood and initiating new members. His further activities on behalf of the brotherhood were cut short by his suicide on July 29, 1875.

The brotherhood taught Randolph's system of sexual occultism, and for this reason remained largely out of the public eye. It appears to have survived Randolph's death, however, and lodges claiming to belong to the original brotherhood were active in upstate New York as late as the 1950s. At least two other occult orders – the Hermetic Brotherhood of Luxor and the Fraternitas Rosae Crucis – developed out of the brotherhood and continued to teach some elements of its system.(Entry from the New Encyclopedia of the Occult by John Michael Greer)

Supposedly Abraham Lincoln was a member. While that would seem to be impossible since Lincoln was killed in 1865 – five-ten years before this group was said to be founded according to the above (and other sources that list the founding year as 1870) – I did find this (from The Roots of Modern Magick by Allen Greenfield): “according to Randolph's own account, he became Supreme Hierarch of the Brotherhood of Eulis upon attaining his majority, that is, on 5th of September, 1846,” which would give plenty of time for Lincoln to become a member, and seems to suggest that PB Randolph didn't actually found the group, but maybe only an American chapter?

This book also mentions how, months after he published a constitution that outlined in detail the organizational structure of the Brotherhood in the event of Randolph's death and four months to the day after his son was born, Randolph committed suicide. The author speculates that, “The subsequent self-inflicted death of Randolph, immediately after the birth of his son Osiris suggests a ceremonial suicide in the ancient tradition of ritual kingship.”
I find this interesting because I've seen other references to this sacrificial king ritual in conspiracy land (such as JFK) and is an idea/ritual that seems to be present in many Mysteries...

Lastly, according to the same book, Randolph stated that: “the Rosicrucian system is, and never was other else than a door to the Grand Temple of Eulis.”

Was the Brotherhood of Eulis just another name for the Rosicrucians (which Randolph is also credited with bringing to America)? Because from what I've read, it seems they were separate entities... Does anyone have any information on this group? If there were lodges claiming to be from this Brotherhood as late as the 1950s, then surely there must be more information out there if they were active as recently as that? Was this a secret society that actually managed to remain secret?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I suggest you follow the concept of "Synarchy", and how it entangles with the Martinist order and the "Unknown Philosopher". Check out the Elus Cohens, AMORC, Papus, and the Hermetic Brotherhood of Luxor. This area is a can of worms.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Besides the fact that AMORC has nothing to do with anything (those are not the Rosicrucians affiliated with PBR), I'm not sure how following those other threads will give me more info on the Brotherhood of Eulis? I'm aware of the connection to the HB of L, but they're not the same group... Can you explain how you think it's all connected? And why is this area a can of worms?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Nameless Hussy

The Brotherhood of Eulis was supposedly absorbed by the Fraternitas Rosae Crucis, which lists Randolph as a Past Grand Master. The FRC also claim to be the "authentic Rosicrucian Fraternity instituted in 1614", meaning that they apparently consider A.M.O.R.C. and other Rosicrucian groups to be impostors.

They also claim Lincoln as a member, which, IMO, is extremely doubtful.

Here is their website.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

That's what I thought too, until I read the above talking about lodges claiming to be from the original brotherhood as late as the '50s. That piqued my interest, especially considering the weirdness surrounding PB Randolph's suicide. Oh well, maybe it was just a bunch of guys who made it up based on the Rosicrucian teachings. Maybe they wanted to incorporate the more controversial aspects of Randolph's teachings that the Rosicrucians left out, like drugs and sex.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Nameless Hussy

Thing is, on p. 47 of "Eulis", Randolph says:

"Very nearly all which I have given as Rosicrucian originated in my own soul."

This sort of defeats the argument of the FRC that they are "authentic" in that they were derived from Continental Rosicrucian adepts.

new topics

top topics

join