It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Treasury ordered to turn over bailout records

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I am sure that by the time the report comes out it will be all doctored up to make everything look legit.

Regardless of whether I like where the money went or not, I deserve to be told the truth.

Half of the report could be blacked out do to National Security because it could possibly lead to civil unrest. Our politicians might say We The People can not handle the truth because only We the Ivory Tower bought politicians can handle the truth about the lyes that are lived in and around D.C.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
ok first lets pretend that fox is on the up and up and has no political bias. They submitted a FOIA request to find out where the money went so they can tell their customers (us) where our money went so we can get pissed off and take to the streets demanding accountability.

Now the reality is we all know Fox is a in the republicans pocket. They are doing this because the republicans lost the white house and failed to regain control of atleast one house of congress, and they lost even more seats in both houses of congress than they did in the 2006 mid terms. so we now have dems in control of all three houses with an almost filibuster proof majority.

Look at it from Fox's Point of view. they want the republicans in control its good for their business. the First bailout bill was passed under Bush yes, but democrats had control of the congress when it passed. Now fox is going to take this information and use it against the democrats next year during the 2010 mid term elections. to try and get a republican majority in congress again.

And if they can prove the first bailout failed and went into the bankers pockets and then they can prove the auto industry bailout failed. and they can prove the 2nd banker bailout is failing to work, the american people will be up in arms and have a bad taste in their mouth about having 1 party in control and we'll see the dems loose their control of the congress!

Now look ahead to 2012 when Obama will come up for re election, Fox will use Obama's failed policies against him so he won't be re elected, all the while distracting everyone from the fact that republicans had control of atleast one house of congress from the mid terms. and the republicans fought Obama tooth and nail to make his policies work. If Fox can spin the bailout payouts right they can really influence the next 2 elections in this country, and get the republicans back in control.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

Very good post.
But what is the motive of the politicians in allowing this to proceed? What is the Government going to gain with this?
Yes, this is how the parties will spin it, but what are they actually doing?

I suspect that they are turning the Americans' distaste against the Bankers in the mean time... For the rest of the time between now and the elections, they will make a hard push to align themselves with the likes of True Conservatism.

This is a very good thing. Especially right now.

I think this is being very well played.

This is a squeeze on the Banking Industry.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

Obama will use his failed policies against him so he won't be re-elected. He's the dumbest person in the WH on the heels of another. When is this country going to learn?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
lead in: here it is the 26th, which is 3 days after the information was ordered to be made public, well...at least disclosed to the court.
Has anything about the FOIA request & court order come to light yet ??

In th OP snip,->

... The network specifically asked the department to identify the troubled assets purchased, any collateral extended and ...

This is exactly, what i've been harping on in several 'Global Meltdown' threads.... an intensive
forensic autopsy as-it-were of the make up of these Toxic Assets.

President Obama, and his Recovery & Reinvestment Act,
has a structure for the proper distribution of all the Stimulus funds
...including a Transparency and Accountability Board to
oversee all the legal & oversight responsibilities of disbursing this
remaining $710billion of taxpayer funds.

something that the Fed/Treas has not had over their heads...
for the several Trillion$ shoveled into their hands & in turn passed to
the banks & insurers deemed too-big-to-fail...(bottom line NO oversight)

Obama's Accountability Bgoard will be headed by Earl Devaney,
hes a former Inspector General at Interior, who busted heads in the BIA & mining , etc VP Biden will also be on the Board.

see: www.recovery.gov...
see: www.economyincrisis.org...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

when you say this:...

" We have a serious problem here guys. If they release these files and the information on the record shows what I think it's going to, then that will be the day the market plummets entirely. There's a lot of dirty laundry mixed in with these bailouts, some of it may very well be conflicts of interests and criminal activity. Which could lead straight to the Federal Reserve and bring the whole system down. "

the excape action, the flanking action, i see happening... is that the
'troubled-assets-purchased'... will remain opaque or misidentified...
or perhaps just given a Generic term such as 'subprime mortgage paper'
or MBS...and sealed from prying eyes !

If one does not realize yet that the Fed/Treas/Banks etc are performing the Magicians art of distracting the nations attention with focusing on the Mortgage Crisis... then they don't recognize a Svengali Act in progress.

thanks.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The document was released today!!!

I was just watching Neil Cavuto.....he had Judge Paliantano (misspelled) on...

He hadn't had time to read the whole document..but he said on the first page it said that...

THE GOVERNMENT KNEW what was going on!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Of course the government knew. They're the ones that signed off on the ridiculous leverage we've seen out of institutions like Bear Sterns and Citigroup. And I'm sure it doesn't stop there. Would you really think the government itself doesn't engage in short-selling?

This whole idea that we were caught off guard by a historical fiduciary tsunami is ridiculous. We saw this coming, MANY saw this coming, yet it was not in the interests of the government or regulatory agencies to step into the fray and clean house when the fraud was going on, and they are not likely to do so now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join