It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq sells its uranium to Canadian company

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Iraq sells its uranium to Canadian company

news.yahoo.com

BAGHDAD (AFP) – Iraq has sold its 550 tonnes of uranium concentrate or "yellow cake", built up by former dictator Saddam Hussein, to Cameco of Canada for 90 million dollars, the government said on Tuesday...

...The last remains of Saddam Hussein's nuclear ambitions were secretly transported to a Canadian port in July 2008 with US support.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
OKAY SOMEONE EXPLAIN!!!

We were told there was no yellow cake uranium, we were told Cheney and Bush were wrong about weapons programs and the war was wrong. We were told many things about Valarie Plame and Ambassador Wilson...

This article says that the Iraqi's sold the "REMAINING SADDAM'S WEAPONS PROGRAMS" Yellow cake to the Canadians and the U.S. helped transport it.

Folks 550 Tons, this is not a briefcase full of it folks...

This isn't being covered by anyone either, not even the Limbaugh's and Hannity's, WHY? This appears to be proof positive that Saddam did have a weapons program and did have yellow cake uranium and it appears the Intel wasn't wrong..

What the hell is going on here????

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This is wild. I wonder if this is true? I mean I know it is an article on yahoo but I have a hard time wanting to believe this. Is it reported anywhere else yet? This SHOULD cause some type of an uproar.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
There is a 135 page thread on ATS about this YellowCake.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Good point theindependentjournal, but you have to remember that this is still only uranium oxide with 0.7% U235. It's a long way from bomb grade which is 90%+ U235.

To make it into a bomb would require at least some enrichment and a working heavy water reactor. Enrichment would require banks of high speed gaseous centrifuges...

The kind of effort which Iran does have.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by sy.gunson]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm buying it now.

Might solve all this propaganda...............................

It's not Iran or Canada its me who has the nucs "WAVES HERE"

Hopefully people will get the irony and stop listening to this nonsense

top topics

join