It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: VeriChip Implant Enhances Club Life

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The nuisance of having to carry a wallet or forgetting your purse is gone. At least it is for some members of the Baja Beach Club in Barcelona, Spain. All you need to experience this freedom is have a microchip injected under your skin. This chip keeps up with your tab, and gives you instant access to VIP rooms. The chip itself is a part of VeriChip Corporation's "VeriPay System". VeriChip boasts it advantages over normal credit and identification systems. The chip can't be lost, stolen, and the unique 10 digit number allows for instant verification and payment in any situation. And since this is a beach club, you can now go skinny dipping without losing your wallet.

World Net Daily
Being recognized has never been easier for VIP patrons of the Baja Beach Club in Barcelona, Spain.
Like a scene out of a science-fiction movie, all it takes is a syringe-injected microchip implant for the beautiful men and women of the nightclub scene to breeze past a "reader" that recognizes their identity, credit balance and even automatically opens doors to exclusive areas of the club for them.
They can buy drinks and food with a wave of their hand and don't need to worry about losing a credit card or wallet.

Applied Digital Solutions unveiled VeriChip right after September 11, 2001. This system, based on radio frequency identification (RFID), uses passive energy transmitted by the reader to send back it's information. Although there are only around 1,000 people using this system worldwide, the 10-digits would be enough to uniquely identify almost 10 billion people. When you consider that there are less than 7 billion people in the world, this system could be used on everyone, with leftover capacity.

Currently most of the world uses the magnetic strip cards as a means of quick identification. For a transitional phase, we would need cards that had both magnetic strips, and RFID chips. Once the RFID readers are implemented in enough places, the potential benefit is enormous. For instance, you could just walk into your workplace and never have to punch in to the time clock. The readers at the door would know when you arrived. Law enforcement officials are currently working on RFID enabled guns, that could only be fired by the appropriate owner. Your car would only start for you, and you would never lose your keys or lock yourself out. When you walked up to your car, it would recognize that you were the owner and unlock the doors.

The financial market is one of the largest areas of potential use, and once we get used to the speed of being recognized without having to pull out the card there will be no turning back. We will no longer have to wait for the waiter to bring us the bill. The old lady holding up the express lane fumbling for her checkbook and reading glasses could walk through the line as fast as any one else. If we use RFID on all shelf items, we could rid ourselves of cashiers completely. Using VeriChip could also help to reduce crime. Late night hold-ups in convenience stores will be impossible since the criminals would identify themselves as soon as they walked in the door. Police would be notified the moment that a wanted criminal entered a store. "Citizen 2340009123 - A.K.A. John Smith, has just entered Starbucks #839939988909 in downtown London."

Once we realize all of the potential benefits of using technology like VeriChip's "VeriPay System", we will wonder how we ever got along without it. Do we carry around gold nuggets to pay for merchandise? How silly it is of us to carry around chunks of plastic bound together with large strips of leather? Or even worse, round metal objects that represent value. Never again will I have to pay a stupid $2 fee for getting my money from an ATM!

Of course there will be some doubters who cry "Big Brother Invasion", but how different is this from swiping a card with your name and unique number on it, everywhere you go? (Uh, your credit card) People from some religious groups will say, "This is the Mark of the Beast". Should we let something written by a Jew thousands of years ago, stand in the way of progress? After all you can't mix religion and state matters such as money. I see this system as the future of economic and convenience. That and I really dislike having to carry 10 keys in my pocket.

Related ATS Discussions:
Chip implanted in cop's hand would allow only officer to fire the gun
How "The War on Terror" could be used to make you take the chip
Question to all ATS users: "Will you take a Microchip to help fight Terrorsism?"

Links:
VeriChip Website
Baja Beach Club

[Edited on 15-4-2004 by dbates]

[Edited on 16-4-2004 by dbates]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Scary, very scary....

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Sounds like the mark of the beast to me.. What about chip theft? Can I disable it somehow? What would happen if I removed it myself? I damn sure dont want big brother knowing the when where and how and why about me!

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
So what would happen if the bank refused your purchase ? Currently we have the option to pay with cash. If this thing ever took off, we'd be in trouble.

The Mark of the Beast indeed. Doesn't the Bible say that you will need it to buy and sell ?

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceDenied
Sounds like the mark of the beast to me.. What about chip theft? Can I disable it somehow? What would happen if I removed it myself?

Currently the chip is implanted in the elbow region. It would be a pretty brutal experience to try and steal it. I'm sure it would be worthless shortly when the police found your armless body they would mark your chip as stolen.

Originally posted by IgnoranceDenied
I damn sure dont want big brother knowing the when where and how and why about me!

RFID scanners are already in most stores that I go into. How many times have you seen these scanners at doors of businesses? The only thing that you are missing is a chip to keep inventory of you.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Ah yes, just what we all wanted to hear. "It's no different than credit cards." Except for the fact that Credit cards can't track where you are at all times, whether you're making purchases or not....

Some of these ideas are not going to work though, I'd think.

For example, the car idea is an interesting feature, but then you could never let anyone else drive your car. I'd like to see the lawsuit from the first drunk driving death that occurs because the person couldn't pass the keys to a sober person.

How many times will you have to fight a billing error because you were standing too close to someone else while they were making a purchase? Will both get charged for it? Will anyone be willing to help other people carry their packages to their cars anymore?

This is just off the top of my head right after waking up and before coffee, so I'm sure we could list a few dozen other potential reasons to scrap this plan without even invoking the "Big Brother" argument.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter
This is just off the top of my head right after waking up and before coffee, so I'm sure we could list a few dozen other potential reasons to scrap this plan without even invoking the "Big Brother" argument.

You're thinking too hard before your coffee. I try not to do that.

I think the proximity issue could be solved by having a weak or shielded reader. Say if it was in your hand, you could have the reader in a shielded box with a hand sized opening. That way, unless someone else was holding your hand there wouldn't be any confusion when you paid. Not sure what they will do about scanning the one in your forehead.

Apologies to non-U.S. type folks for the reference picture. The coin you see there is a dime. Not much bigger than your thumb nail.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
RFID scanners are already in most stores that I go into. How many times have you seen these scanners at doors of businesses? The only thing that you are missing is a chip to keep inventory of you.

WOW.
I just thought those things were to make sure people didn't steal stuff. I had NO IDEA it used RFID technology! I thought it was magnetic or something and was used in tandem with the little magnetic strip things you find in DVD cases or video games.

This is getting scary. Good idea, but I don't want to be tracked 24/7, 365 by the "Powers That Be".

This is like Steven King stuff.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
if u like this then get it!!!

personally i think your a fool....this is a tool of the stinking global elite and there way of shoving big brother right up your arse ....
the war on terror is going to help implement this stinking veri chip....mark my words....

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter

You're thinking too hard before your coffee. I try not to do that.

Me too, but I made an exception this time.

I think the proximity issue could be solved by having a weak or shielded reader. Say if it was in your hand, you could have the reader in a shielded box with a hand sized opening. That way, unless someone else was holding your hand there wouldn't be any confusion when you paid. Not sure what they will do about scanning the one in your forehead.

The only problem is that you pointed out that they're currently using the elbow for the implant. Implanting in the hand makes it easy (though grotesque) to steal the implant. Not everyone who is murdered is found right away after all....

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
dbates....you are either a knowing agent of the new world order or an unwitting pawn

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Here's another use that is in this article, that debates failed to mention while trying to sell everyone here on this idea.

Chase believes all gun owners should be required to have a microchip implanted in their hand to be able to own a gun. While yesterday's Associated Press story on the prototype is primarily from the angle of police usage, WND reported two years ago that from the he outset of the company's acquisition of its "Digital Angel" implant patent � said to be GPS trackable � Applied touted the implant as a potential universal method of gun control.

Once again, this works real nice for those WHO ALREADY COMPLY WITH THE LAW. Meanwhile, blackmarket guns will find there way into the hands of Non-Chipped Criminals just as easy as they do now, and will continue, business as usual. The people to worry about are those who will neither be chipped, nor use weapons that are chipped so what is the point, except to 'Treat every Innocent Citizen like a Slave and Criminal'??

Chase also claimed that the VeriChip company had told him that the Italian government was preparing to implant government workers.

Any wonder why it is that Government Jobs are on the rise and the only ones that include Good Pay and Benifits and so on. One way or another, for one reason or another, it will be manditory!

"We are the only company today offering human implantable ID technology," said Scott R. Silverman, chairman and chief executive officer of Applied Digital Solutions. "We believe the market opportunity for this technology is substantial, and high-profile successes such as in Spain will serve as catalysts for broader adoption."

I think they should add, "Also, if people can't see how useful bio-chips can be for security, we can give them a nice demostration by attacking a couple Trains or something similar to get our point across!!"

Since 1999, the Applied Digital Solutions has boasted that it also has a GPS-trackable chip in the works, but four years later the device has yet to come to market. Some mechanical engineers contend such a device requires substantial antenna length and that creating a self-contained unit in the space of a tiny chip is virtually impossible. In addition, questions of accuracy of new GPS consumer items have been raised by the press. A previous Wall Street Journal "road test" of different manufacturers' GPS watches and devices for children had some kids tracked to the Sahara Desert, rather than New York City where they were.

Yep, that sounds about right. Good ol' technology, making our lives so much better with only 'Minor' glitches here and there. When will people learn that with every New Timesaving, All-Important device each one of them also come with about a thousand New problems as well?? What a joke!! Although this isn't funny in any way.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
couldnt have said it better my self MoJom....i especially love the part about the train being blown to pieces to get the point across ....the war on terror is a manipulation by the global elite in order to further there plans of a microchipped population

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophetmike

WOW.
I just thought those things were to make sure people didn't steal stuff. I had NO IDEA it used RFID technology! I thought it was magnetic or something and was used in tandem with the little magnetic strip things you find in DVD cases or video games.

The products that you see used in stores currently are RF tags. They come in various sizes and shapes. The RF tag can be placed inside the hard plastic things you see on clothes. RF labels just look like little thin black strips, and come on a roll like stickers. These are used on things like DVDs and CDs.

There is little difference between RF and RFID. They both are passive transmitters that use a raido signal's energy to transmitt a signal. The difference is in the ID part. A RF-ID tag transmits a signal, with a unique id. So instead of transmitting a signal like "Hello I am a stolen DVD.", it transmits "Hello I am stolen DVD number 24556890834". The id number would be stored in a database and the store could look it up and see that a Lord of the Rings DVD was stolen. (Or whatever the thief fancies.)

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
some of you guys are so paranoid. why do you care if your governement can track you wherever you go? unless you have something to hide it's not like the govt will have a thousand people monitoring your - and every other citizen's - every moves.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by toffa_h
some of you guys are so paranoid. why do you care if your governement can track you wherever you go? unless you have something to hide it's not like the govt will have a thousand people monitoring your - and every other citizen's - every moves.

The potential for abuse on the part of the person doing the tracking is simply too high for me to feel okay about. If your own body isn't free from tampering by someone else, then how can you call yourself free?

This is about personal freedom to keep something foreign OUT of the body.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This is one of the at least top ten dumb ideas, an should go into the world record book as being one of the most dumbest ideas, Impanting a human being with a electronic device that allowes any features would result in the same problems we have with the computers already in your homes. Viruses, Hackers, Identity theft (on a own new level), the list goes on, what is dealing withthe crap thats on the computer not enough we need to endanger more lives an take away more freedoms to fetch a stupid pathedic # version of ONENESS!
DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB! yet again one of the dumbest ideas! OMG so dumb!

WHY! i mean cant you see it rattles my brain thinking about the moronic features such a process would indear!

This is just a NWO Plot

YOU ARE NOT ALONE:
MOOoooooOOOOOooOOOOoooOOOOoooOOOOoooOOOooooOOOOoooOOOooooOOooooOOOoooOOOOooOOOo

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Well, there goes our civil liberties. I especially liked the part where it said that it would be able to track what stores you go into and report it to the police. If this gets widely used, there will be no personal freedom to go where you please. The government would track you at all times. Sounds fun, doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
i must apologize to dbates....the posting is written so well one would think that dbates is for this technology!!!

i would put a disclaimer at bottom dbates considering some might see this article and go YEAH !!! the chip is a great idea !!!

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
and to think David Icke talked about this subject years ago and everyone called him crazy! Good work David, you are spot on!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join