It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Whore of Babylon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I realized I misread this reference. The artist is Haworth. The journalist referenced is Donn Downey.

I have also found that Haworth did other works for J.H.Birks.

In a letter to Haworth from J.H. Birks on October 11,1941 he says, "The lower ones (windows) to our Father and Mother are beyond criticism, and the Upper Seven Circles again I think are splendid, but there has been criticism of the lower panels being too bright. Do you think it would be wise to experiment with a dark glass outside to subdue this effect?"

www.mountainsideunited.ca...

Originally posted by AeonsThis is a registry that list the maker of the stain glass piece as Downey, Donn. Artist reference

[edit on 2009/2/22 by Aeons]

[edit on 2009/2/23 by Aeons]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/6f6a32197b3bce2f.jpg[/atsimg]

This picture is a tree of some sort of tree, with a bird on top and a fish in the middle. The fish seems to have a circle near its mouth.

Anyone care to venture a guess as to what the combination could be refering to? or even take a guess at what sort of tree we are looking at?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
You all need to fill your hearts with Jesus. LOL

Just kidding. Yeah she looks like she could of been hot in that time. I'd like to see a movie of her doing hot things.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by OmegaPoint

And yes, these things piss God off because he's a jealous God..... They are a type of short circuit terminating at an imposter, or an alternate God, in this case the "Queen of Babylon" aka Whore of Babylon aka Queen of Heaven, or in the case of Isis/Osiris-Horus, the Egyptian trinity. They are all a form of idolatry in violation of the first and greatest commandment of love God above all, having no other Gods before Him.

Let it be noted here that you are speaking of *your* concept of God, not mine, and not everybody else's. My God is not "jealous", because jealousy is a human emotion, and one of frailty and negativity. My God is above such things, and is not as a child having a temper tantrum.

Let me put it this way. If you had a wife, destined for you and you alone, and your heart is filled with love for her, would you be jealous if she were to start chasing after other men? (in this case, false idols of any kind before the one God).

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
The pinecone and the maple leaf are probably just references to Canada. I think that you are off the garden path with those.

Oh no, not at all. The pinecone, particularly in reference to Babylon, is a direct reference to the pineal gland in the center of the brain, what Sufi mystics have referred to as "the crystal palace". It the same symbol rendered large in the Vatican's Court of the Pinecone. Even the three fan-like objects at it's base are brain-like structures. And if I'm right about the pinecone, which I am, then my interpretations of the other objects follow logically.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Let me put it this way. If you had a wife, destined for you and you alone, and your heart is filled with love for her, would you be jealous if she were to start chasing after other men? (in this case, false idols of any kind before the one God).

How could God be jealous when He has, and is, Everything?

I follow my Creator not because He is jealous and expects it, but because I want to...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

This is a fallacious argument because obviously you cannot establish who is the "one God". You have chosen to believe that the Hebrew tribal deity is the "one God", probably because you were raised in a society that taught you this. Had you been raised in Persia, you would probably be telling us that Allah was the "one God", and if you had been born by the Ganges, you'd tell us that Brahma is the "one God".

The Hebrew mythology, as put forth in the Bible, contains some really good stuff, but also some really bad stuff. Their concept of God was not always highly elevated, often portraying God as an idealized human, with human weaknesses, such as jealousy.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Banner of Krakow - noted to be based on earlier images[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/06c0ca233fb61589.jpg[/atsimg]

How about this one?

Here is a link to a place in Demark which also has a carving of three towers on a piece of public infrastructure.

Three Towers Symbol Carved in a Stone Column in the City Hall Square (stone) of Radhuspladsen, Copenhagen, Denmark

Three towers as the arm of Gibraltar

Kabbalist / Masonic (?) - The Three Pilars.

Solomon's Temple was fortified by three towersJerusalem Archeology

[edit on 2009/2/24 by Aeons]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Saltaire? Perhaps?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/e42fc7e130e32773.jpg[/atsimg]

Two crossed keys (you'll note that the tower link for Krakow has a key on it too).

Papal Insignia and Regalia

However, these are upside down in comparison to the Papal ones.

Croatian - Symbol of St.Peter

Every image I find that is Catholic, the keys face the other way.

Here is a methodist church that has some similar motifs - they flying fish on a hook, A ship (instead of an anchor), A serpent in a chalice (is that one I thought is a tree really supposed to be a serpent in a chalice and the flying fish on a hook in the same image?), The crossed keys.

Methodist Church's Stain Glass

Coat of Arms of Poznan - Three Towers, a Crown, and Crossed Keys

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/210171fb85302c6f.jpg[/atsimg]

David's Harp? I don't know why it would look like a woman though.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/ff9b49f0486e2ad3.jpg[/atsimg]

The ironside cross or one of the Knights Templar type crosses, and the cross of Saint Andrew?
Knights Templar

Saint Andrew's Cross

Oh.....we all know how those Scottish Rite, 32nd Degree Masons make people's heads want to spin like the Exorcist.

Memphis Knights Of Saint Andrew

[edit on 2009/2/24 by Aeons]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/210171fb85302c6f.jpg[/atsimg]

Saint Cecilia's Harp?

There is a Saint Cecilia Lodge No. 6190

Still haven't narrowed it down between Catholic, and Freemason.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/664149e6be357546.jpg[/atsimg]

Masonic symbol for a sheaf of corn.

Sheaf of Corn

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The Whore of Babylon is...

*drum roll*

... Israel!

Please smash it with a big white rock, and send a picture.

Thank you.

S

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

This is a fallacious argument because obviously you cannot establish who is the "one God". You have chosen to believe that the Hebrew tribal deity is the "one God", probably because you were raised in a society that taught you this. Had you been raised in Persia, you would probably be telling us that Allah was the "one God", and if you had been born by the Ganges, you'd tell us that Brahma is the "one God".

The Hebrew mythology, as put forth in the Bible, contains some really good stuff, but also some really bad stuff. Their concept of God was not always highly elevated, often portraying God as an idealized human, with human weaknesses, such as jealousy.

I'm simply beginning with the notion that God is a God of love who is mindful of man, and that it is man's destiny to be united with God like a bride to a bridegroom, the spirit of man and God co-mingled. And second, that God to be God is above all. Oh the paradox of the trinity, of innerance and transcendance.

And please, for the love of God, stop assuming. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

And please, for the love of God, stop assuming. Thank you.

What did I assume? It's not like I directed any pagans to go into your church and smash the windows or anything.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Masonic then. I was beginning to lean that way with the sheaf of corn symbol.

Wanna give me a hint if I'm just looking at a pile of symbols because Mr.Birk's family loved their works, or if I'm looking at a message of some sort?

The IB and E hint at a messge, but I don't know if it is to be read sequentially. In this place, 250... In this place, the fifth order... In this place, logic/an universal negative.... In this place, the cardinal direction E...

[edit on 2009/2/25 by Aeons]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Everything Babylon Mystery Religion is Masonic. It's nothing but Masonic the whole thing.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I had this crazy old man follow me around when I was 16, he was drawing pictures of me as I walked by, weird stuff as he would stand outside my apartment, be looking up at the bathroom window as I looked out standing on tip toes down on the street... Very strange. Finally I chased him down one day and asked why? he started freaking out, he was shouting and hysterical saying that I was the whore in the bible, that I was her!

So needless to say I ahve taken my time coming onto this thread,,, But wow she is beautiful and if it is me it would have to be a past life. I really do not understand the whole religious end of it, but I know that she is representative of all sentient women. Men! Pfttt

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Well I was Christened in a Methodist Church in Huntington beach california where my parents were married. The sybols look very familiar, before i read your comments knew what they were somehow, I guess its true, I could be the Whore of Babalon! Lol!

I think history has it all wrong, and why would anyone ant to destroy something so beautiful?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join