It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US congressmen express shock at Gaza devastation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

US congressmen express shock at Gaza devastation

rawstory.com

....Baird, from Washington state, said the situation he saw was "shocking and troubling beyond words."

"The personal stories of children being killed in their homes or schools, of entire families wiped out, and relief workers prevented from evacuating the wounded are heart wrenching," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com
b5.net
www.lloyds.com
news.morningstar.com

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Ellison, a representative from Minnesota, harshly criticised restrictions on the delivery of desperately needed goods into the coastal strip that has been under a crippling Israeli blockade imposed after the Hamas takeover.

"People, innocent children, women and non-combatants, are going without water, food and sanitation, while the things they so desperately need are sitting in trucks at the border, being denied permission to go in," he said.

"The stories about the children affected me the most," said Ellison. "No parent, or anyone who cares for kids, can remain unmoved by what Brian and I saw here."

Ok, tell ya what Israel. How about you acquire the exact same rockets that Hamas is using, or provide similar rockets with same blast yield and radius damage. Then fire those at random into Gaza with the same frequency and quantity that Hamas is firing them at you.

Then at least the situation would be a lot more equal, and you would not be accused of being the murderous, inhumane, genocidal, barbaric, overreacting scum that you are proving to be.

Do you suppose Gazans would opt for that instead? It doesn't take a genius to figure out that they most assuredly would.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on Fri Feb 20th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
what do you expect from a country which doesnt give a rats ass about who it kills aslong as its not its own people?
they have stated the lives of palestinians are nothing compared to the lives israelis,

as brave as this man is i doubt his words will make a diffrence to a majority of the pro Israelis in the US.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Mr-Lizard can't wait for the murderous ATS members to come and claim that the children deserved it, because one or two individuals were firing rockets and thus they are all scum and should be bombed into little bits by American weapons and Jewish revenge.

At least one American still has a heart, how many others can claim the same thing... As of late, it seems most Americans are defending the Israeli rampage.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
At least one American still has a heart, how many others can claim the same thing... As of late, it seems most Americans are defending the Israeli rampage.

Well I guess being from the UK mr-lizard the use of the "random" V2 by germany in WWII deserved the same minimal response. The 'allies" should never have invaded to stop them......

Try the following link in case you are too ignorant to remember...

www.flyingbombsandrockets.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Hum how dare this US congressman tell such lies and stories Israel is the chosen ones they never kill any Innocent children purposely.

How dare him.

Now what is he going to do about it.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Sad thing is , Israel is gonna ask for more AID from the US to replace the bombs they dropped , those things cost money , and as usual , the US will do it,

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
"
Well I guess being from the UK mr-lizard the use of the "random" V2 by germany in WWII deserved the same minimal response. The 'allies" should never have invaded to stop them......

Try the following link in case you are too ignorant to remember... "

so that means we should turn a blind eye to atrocities committed today? Hell, the Nazis killed in excess of 6 million people so that gives everyone else carte blanche to do the same, yes?

nice logic u got yourself there

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

I think you'll find quite a gulf between the technological ability and destructiveness of a V2 versus a Hamas qassam rocket knocked up up in shed.

There was no minimal response to any of Germany's attacks - Dresden comes to mind - and there was a bit of a level playing field. One well equipped standing army fighting another equally well equipped standing army.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I support a cessation of all aid to Israel and a boycott of any Israeli product or business.

I truly have always believed that our founding fathers would not have so supported a state so interwoven with religion. I have long said that I don’t think George Washington, John Adams or Thomas Jefferson would have sent aid but have sent in the marines.

I can appreciate anyone whose heritage makes it seemingly more personal or demanding than that. The great news is that Israel will happily take anyone who is Jewish or wants to be Jewish as a citizen where they can have all the impact to their heart’s content.

Saddling America with this obscene and amoral partnership really does need to stop.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

you might also be aware that there was a world war going on with both sides having large armies , and more than 1 way to fight back.

which isn`t quite the case here

unless of course your claiming that israel = nazi germany

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

anyone that can find a way to justify the Murder if a innocent Woman,Child and man are most likely the most evil and vile person you can get on the face of the planet. the lowest of the lowest.

Its good to see someone with power in the US to voice such words
when others tremble at the thought of saying anything at the Israeli regieme knowing the powers they hold in the US goverment.

Bold Move

top topics

join