It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN video of fast moving object

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
WHAT the heck is this??

CNN fast moving object

There may be a commercial that shows first so just wait for 'Double message to Muslims'. The object is seen just a few seconds into the video so watch close. I don't know if this has been posted here yet. I tried looking for it first before posting.

This is obviously not a bird because it is too fast. It's obviously not a jet because it is also too fast, and way too close to the ground. What is it? I first found this at PRG.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
That is interesting. Usually when people post these things, it turns out to be an insect or bird, but it seems to be moving to fast to be a bird, and I don't think it is an insect. Good eye there. I star'd and flag'd this.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I could swear I saw wings flap once which gave the object a tiny bit of lift. It seems to be a bird or even an insect closer to the camera than it appeared.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unmask The Deception
I could swear I saw wings flap once which gave the object a tiny bit of lift. It seems to be a bird or even an insect closer to the camera than it appeared.

After watching a few times, I can't see a bird. But interestingly the object actually passes in front of the monument, and not behind. So it can't be THAT far. Whatever it is though, it moves with an amazing amount of speed.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I see it as rather large. It looks to me like a rod or cigar-shaped object and moving very fast, very smooth movements. Certainly when the helicopter goes past later in the clip over the same area of sky, you see how large (and fast!) it really was.

But if you guys see bugs ... lol!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacemanjupiter

This is obviously not a bird because it is too fast. It's obviously not a jet because it is also too fast, and way too close to the ground. What is it? I first found this at PRG.

I beg to differ.

Firstly, if you pause it at the right time you see it clearly goes in front of the monument.
This makes it quite small.

Secondly, as you watch it fly away you can actually see the movement of it as it's flapping it's wings.

It's not too fast for a pigeon, particularly one out of focus, that's why it appears like a streak. A pigeon can fly up to 110km's an hour which is close to 70 miles an hour.

I say pigeon, because they are quite common in Washington, in fact they're a bit of a problem.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I have to wonder why nobody on the ground saw it. Especially something travelling that fast, you would think there would have been lots of arms pointing up into the sky.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
You're saying that what you saw looks like this? video.google.com...# Alrighty then...

link   
That was great! I was all set up for the usual disappointment. And Bam! Great footage great quality. Enters the pan of view and disappears over the horizon in a flash.
Good job

link   

Originally posted by bronco73
I have to wonder why nobody on the ground saw it. Especially something travelling that fast, you would think there would have been lots of arms pointing up into the sky.

No silly, did you not see HOW FAST IT WAS???

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

Originally posted by bronco73

No silly, did you not see HOW FAST IT WAS???

If we can see it with the naked eye, so could the people 50 feet under it. I think it's cgi.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Originally posted by spacemanjupiter

I beg to differ.

Firstly, if you pause it at the right time you see it clearly goes in front of the monument.
This makes it quite small.

Secondly, as you watch it fly away you can actually see the movement of it as it's flapping it's wings.

It's not too fast for a pigeon, particularly one out of focus, that's why it appears like a streak. A pigeon can fly up to 110km's an hour which is close to 70 miles an hour.

I say pigeon, because they are quite common in Washington, in fact they're a bit of a problem.

Maybe they can fly that fast in a steep dive. But not even close on a horizontal path.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
watch how the object gets considerably smaller the further away it travels, yet when it's up close it is obvious that the object is already small (as somebody said earlier about the size of a pigeon). Plus, about half of the way through the object makes a noticeable lurch forward. No bird can do that while in full flight, and what reason would a smooth flying UFO need for that? The more I see it, the more I see cgi.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
The monument is 555ft tall. It wasn't small, it was unbelievably fast and not close. It went over the same sky as the helicopter and it was still bigger there. Pretty amazing.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Having seen it a couple of times, even in slow motion (I do have that software), it very much looks like a bird to me, what else could it be that will fly horizontally over Washington at such a time.

Is anyone hinting at an UFO?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
The monument is 555ft tall. It wasn't small, it was unbelievably fast and not close. It went over the same sky as the helicopter and it was still bigger there. Pretty amazing.

No way. Look at the steel structure to the right of the screen, the object starts out right above that, and there is no way that structure is even fifty feet high.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I will go out on a limb and suggest a fighter jet on standard patrol just ahead of Marine One. The one thing people are not looking at compared to size is distance. Object closer will look larger like the scaffold compared to the height of the Washington Monument.

Also notice that there is a sound. And given the field of view, that jet isn't really going that fast. Trust me, you would have heard it if the afterburners were kicked in and the fixed position of the camera would have had a hard time showing that.

I used to live in Switzerland, FL and there was a small island just south of me on the St. John's River that the Navy pilot used to drop dummy rounds (which if you check google maps that area of the water is blacked out on the satellite). After the run, they would turn in a loop to the right and fly directly over the house. They always waited until the Intercoastal Waterway, 20 miles away to kick in the afterburner so as not to go supersonic too close to land. One genius jumped the gun and kicked it over my backyard. He went supersonic right at the shoreline. I was informed that he had his wings striped by a Lt.Cmdr. that visited my barbecue restaurant after he landed.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
I will go out on a limb and suggest a fighter jet on standard patrol just ahead of Marine One. The one thing people are not looking at compared to size is distance. Object closer will look larger like the scaffold compared to the height of the Washington Monument.

A fighter jet, and not one person looked up to see what the noise was? The vid is a fake.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Has anyone considered that it may be a counterweight to the cameras on the zip lines? Those things move at incredible speeds and the object looks to be within the scaffolding erected.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
It might be a bird, but if you look at the distance it covered, it does seem rather fast. Look at it when it gets beyond the trees, and that looks to be a good distance from where it started.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join