It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clyburn: GOP Governors' Stimulus Refusal Would Be 'Slap in the Face' to Blacks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Clyburn: GOP Governors' Stimulus Refusal Would Be 'Slap in the Face' to Blacks

www.foxnews.com

The highest-ranking black congressman says opposition to the federal stimulus package by southern governors is "a slap in the face of African-Americans."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

* Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalize it. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be moved, closed or deleted.

[edit on 2/19/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Here we go again, playing the race card, trying to keep the black man down from white people. oh wait, obama is in power? doesnt matter it is still racist if you do not vote for this bailout.

black politicians should be thanking the "white man" for giving them civil rights at all or we would still be in segregated schools.

so just in this past week alone we have:

eric Holder: if you do not hang out with black people, you are a coward

Clyburn: voting against the stimulus is voting against black people

New York Cartoon: an Obama chimp explaining that someone else will write the new stimulus package "hint, pelosi wrote the first, shes the monkey"

Obama's friends are having a grand old time issuing in The racism of yester year and turning the tables so that every dissenting opinion is racist no matter what.

hell i wonder what stories we will have by the end of next week!

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Swatman]

[edit on 2/19/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I've noticed you only like to post of racism topics against African-Americans....whats your deal?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NateNute
I've noticed you only like to post of racism topics against African-Americans....whats your deal?

because it is my right to speak on this issue. for too long african americans have pulled the race card from every angle to get what they want, they now have the presidency and refuse to give up the card, so now im dealing the ace of spades, its time for white people to play the race card, and you are racist for denying my right.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Roland Burress played the race card, and was confirmed to the Senate, and look how that turned out.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman

because it is my right to speak on this issue. for too long african americans have pulled the race card from every angle to get what they want, they now have the presidency and refuse to give up the card, so now im dealing the ace of spades, its time for white people to play the race card, and you are racist for denying my right.

Thats a good answer... But beyond that, what makes the topic of racism against blacks such a strong one for you?

I really wan't to understand... I'm white as a sheet and it does not bother me - why for you???

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

Originally posted by Swatman

Thats a good answer... But beyond that, what makes the topic of racism against blacks such a strong one for you?

I really wan't to understand... I'm white as a sheet and it does not bother me - why for you???

because they are killing our economy and way of life

i read this quote from another topic just now and it pretty much sums up everything i have ever believed:

""""Since Lyndon Baines Johnson, this nation's taxpayers have shelled out FOUR TRILLION DOLLARS to elevate the poor; to expand Welfare to include everything from mortgage assistance to child care and health care; to provide countless feel-good programs like "midnight basketball"; to give blacks favored treatment in jobs and college entrance. (Our current President and his wife were both recipients of preferential treatment in their pursuit of their multiple Degrees.) Taxpayers weren't asked to contribute. Their taxes were directed to these programs without their consent or input.

So, now, a few Republicans have the spine to blanche at the legalized robbery -- and they're branded as racists? If this nation collapses, where will millions of blacks, accustomed to being done for, get their handouts? I shouldn't be surprised that blacks don't think that they've had enough given to them.

Last year, Bill Cosby appeared in Atlanta and demanded that black men marry their women; that they stay at home and raise their children; that black teenage boys actually work at getting an education that would lead to a responsible job; that black teenage girls not permit themselves to become pregnant. What was the reaction from the "black community" in Atlanta? That Dr. Cosby was an "OREO: black on the outside and white on the inside." Do Obama and his yowling pack wish to have more? Do it the old fashioned way: Earn it. Don't steal it from those who work and save and scrimp and plan ahead. """"

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Don't let them pull you into the trap. More and more they seem to be trying to provoke a response. Don't do it on their terms.

They are slapping us in the face at every turn and I'm getting sick of it.
Damn them all!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
Don't let them pull you into the trap. More and more they seem to be trying to provoke a response. Don't do it on their terms.

They are slapping us in the face at every turn and I'm getting sick of it.
Damn them all!

what trap? and dont say black hole because that is a racist innuendo!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

Continuing the article and his line of "logic".....

Democratic Congressman Jim Clyburn of South Carolina said Thursday he was insulted when the GOP governors of several states said they might not accept some of the money from the $787 billion stimulus package. Texas Gov. Rick Perry said Wednesday he would accept the money.

Clyburn said he was trying to protect black Americans when he added a provision to the stimulus package that would let state lawmakers override governors who oppose it.

Clyburn's spokeswoman later said he didn't mean that he thought those governors were racially motivated, but rejecting it would hurt large black populations in their states.

Though none has outright rejected the money available for education, health care and infrastructure, the governors of Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana, South Carolina, Alaska and Idaho have all questioned whether the $787 billion bill signed into law this week will even help the economy. Opponents, meanwhile, say they're are putting conservative ideology ahead of the needs of constituents.

Why couldn't he have said that it would hurt the people of the state? That would have made more sense (even though this stimulus package is a bunch of bunk) . Blacks aren't the only ones that live in the South who use the states' education systems, health care systems, and infrastructure.

Yet another example of crying racism where there is none.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
reply to post by Swatman

Continuing the article and his line of "logic".....

Democratic Congressman Jim Clyburn of South Carolina said Thursday he was insulted when the GOP governors of several states said they might not accept some of the money from the $787 billion stimulus package. Texas Gov. Rick Perry said Wednesday he would accept the money.

Clyburn said he was trying to protect black Americans when he added a provision to the stimulus package that would let state lawmakers override governors who oppose it.

Clyburn's spokeswoman later said he didn't mean that he thought those governors were racially motivated, but rejecting it would hurt large black populations in their states.

Though none has outright rejected the money available for education, health care and infrastructure, the governors of Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana, South Carolina, Alaska and Idaho have all questioned whether the $787 billion bill signed into law this week will even help the economy. Opponents, meanwhile, say they're are putting conservative ideology ahead of the needs of constituents.

Why couldn't he have said that it would hurt the people of the state? That would have made more sense (even though this stimulus package is a bunch of bunk) . Blacks aren't the only ones that live in the South who use the states' education systems, health care systems, and infrastructure.

Yet another example of crying racism where there is none.

get used to it for the next 4 years.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This is the continuation of Fascisim in this Country. The last adminstration tryed to stifle distenters by saying that they were cowerds or unpariotic. This administration and its minions will call anyone who disagrees with them a racist.

I think Hillary Clinton would have been a much better president; however, I'm sure that if you disagreed with her, people would call you a sexist. When the government attempts to curb the freedom of speech, they are really trying to curb freedom of thought.

It doesn't matter who is the president, we have lost control of OUR country. The Politicians are no longer elected, it just looks that way. We have been manipulated by CNN, Fox News, etc... into thinking what they want us to think and doing what they want us to do.

Don't look at the fact that we invaded a country that did not threaten us, look Britney Spears shaved her head. Don't read the Porkulous package, if you do, you are a racist. Trust our all knowing leader. He will Hope us out if this mess.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Your constant attack on african americans is getting old and boring already. Way to go! You're a bad troll.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadisticwoman
Your constant attack on african americans is getting old and boring already. Way to go! You're a bad troll.

posting a news story of black racism is trolling? please leave the topic and stop trolling mine. thank you

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
To be honest, I saw the title of the thread, and seriously thought it was a joke!!

To deny these bailouts and 'stimulus' crap things is racist?! LOLOL hahaha

I oppose all bailouts and 'stimulus' bills, so I guess it makes me racist!

Stupid, stupid quote, by a Democratic leader.... I hope he takes a lot of slack for this one.

Suddenly, we have bailouts and stimulus plans, to save minorities? Yeah, right. If bankers are a race, sure.

EDIT: typo

[edit on 19-2-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
They are trying to pit people against one another instead of who is responsible for all of this.

I see it from three fronts all at once. Americans against one another over race (this story), worth (whether you are responsible enough to pay your mortgage, and why I don't want to pay for yours, nevermind the fact we don't mind paying for the fat-cats to get out of jail) and Rush Limbaugh calling liberals rapists and murderers...

They are trying to provoke a response from the American People. Does nobody else notice the increasing contempt for Americans shown on behalf of our Government over recent weeks? Even in their very WORDS... ie, "The American People don't care about this stimulus package." "The American People won't do anything about us redistributing wealth because they aren't paying attention." etc.

I know some of that is off-topic, but it is an obviously growing trend.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Care to explain? Why do you assume they are the only ones that use welfare or get assistance with mortgages?

Perhaps they get that "job advantage" because racist people like you would not consider hiring them?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Care to explain? Why do you assume they are the only ones that use welfare or get assistance with mortgages?

Perhaps they get that "job advantage" because racist people like you would not consider hiring them?

in no way am i a racist. And there is a fredom to hire who you want in this country whether by race or not. i dont condone it, i am the only one fighting back against these racist blacks.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

Sorry but your post scream out in racism. That white power avatar doesn't help much either.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Swatman

Sorry but your post scream out in racism. That white power avatar doesn't help much either.

yes a closed fist is a white power avatar. read up on your hand signs plase

top topics

<<   2 >>

join