It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Key Makes Push for Oklahoma Sovereignty

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
P.S most of the states that are coming up with these bills are blue states so it would be great if you got your facts straight.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
OP, is there any update on this?

hopefully Key can get it done and more.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

It looks like the Senate did the first reading on 2/19. Nothing since then.
State Senator Randy Brogdon was on one of our local radio shows last week, 1170 KFAQ, and sounded fairly optimistic that it would be passed. He stated that he didn't think Gov. Henry would veto it since he's on his way out. I think it has a good chance of passing.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
A quick update to the thread. The measure was passed in Senate on April 15 with a vote of 29 ayes and 18 nays. The measure was signed and returned to the House. On April 16 it was referred for enrollment.

I don't know what "referred for enrollment" means in spite of searching for the term. If there's anyone lurking about that is familiar with political terminology, I would appreciate some clarification.

It sounds like it's slowly but surely making its way to becoming a reality.

I will post updates as they become available.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Final update unfortunately. Sent to Gov. Brad Henry (D) on 4/20/09 and vetoed by him on 4/27/09. Not much of a surprise but disappointing nonetheless. Maybe once he's out of office, this will be brought out again and have a better chance of passing. Thanks for nothing Brad.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join