It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guardsmen to conduct urban training at Arcadia in April

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to post by treemanx

It's a possibility. But when it comes down to it, the soldiers won't turn on their families just because someone with shiny rank says to.

lol You better stop right there! "LOL SAWLDURS WUNT TERN ON FAMULIES! HURRR!" Thank god you know this for a fact! Hopefully these soldiers that get PAYED by the government will not do their job because of their families involvement . I like to think that also but say if its some sort of depression and times are hard, they wont just be detaining their families when ordered to but also taking their guns and whatever else need be. It wouldn't be because their loyalty is with the government but because they will be trying to use their money to help their unemployed family members.

Just a thought though. Probably wont ever happen.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by OKCBtard
lol You better stop right there! "LOL SAWLDURS WUNT TERN ON FAMULIES! HURRR!"

Wow. Wake up on the wrong side of the bed did we? Is this somehow supposed to make me change me statement or perhaps shame me for saying it? Either way, it's not working. And really, taking a statement posted by someone else and then spelling it as though you are in kindergarten does nothing but show your maturity level.

Edit to add: I see that you are new to the boards. Welcome to ATS. Just a bit of advice that you can take or leave as you see fit, but generally the above bit of your post that I quoted will not cause anyone to take what you post seriously and some members can be quite vicious when tearing apart a post. Just a friendly heads up.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Jenna]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

You are absolutely right, keep in mind I have been a long time lurker after my original account got banned a few years back. I probably shouldn't have spelled it like that but I had just returned from /b/ and was all sorts of messed up. My apologize. I still feel the same on your original comment however.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

reply to post by treemanx

It's a possibility. But when it comes down to it, the soldiers won't turn on their families just because someone with shiny rank says to.

lol You better stop right there! "LOL SAWLDURS WUNT TERN ON FAMULIES! HURRR!" Thank god you know this for a fact! Hopefully these soldiers that get PAYED by the government will not do their job because of their families involvement . I like to think that also but say if its some sort of depression and times are hard, they wont just be detaining their families when ordered to but also taking their guns and whatever else need be. It wouldn't be because their loyalty is with the government but because they will be trying to use their money to help their unemployed family members.

Just a thought though. Probably wont ever happen.

So tell me.....You must not know ANYBODY that is in the US military? If you do, they must be a real piece of work. If the example they have shown you is this trash that youve posted here, I fell sorry for you and your misguided sense of family.

Do you honestly believe that US SOLDIERS are mindless drones with no free will? Do you have any idea what US SOLDIERS swear to protect when they enlist? They dont swear to protect a fat sweaty polititian in Washington DC. They swear to protect the CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. THEY SWEAR TO PROTECT THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

I understand that you were a little tipsy when you posted this, but honestly, man, think about something before you write it!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by treemanx

So tell me.....You must not know ANYBODY that is in the US military? If you do, they must be a real piece of work. If the example they have shown you is this trash that youve posted here, I fell sorry for you and your misguided sense of family.

Do you honestly believe that US SOLDIERS are mindless drones with no free will? Do you have any idea what US SOLDIERS swear to protect when they enlist? They dont swear to protect a fat sweaty polititian in Washington DC. They swear to protect the CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. THEY SWEAR TO PROTECT THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

I understand that you were a little tipsy when you posted this, but honestly, man, think about something before you write it!

So because you do not believe it is possible, that completely negates my argument that some may become more attached to the military compound that keeps them in power than their own families? Like I said in my post it was just a thought. As far as me knowing people in the US military, I know several and the few I have spoke with would be more inclined to defend their home and family than serve to the contrary. That is not to say that they wouldn't do it to someone elses family. Sorry I ever mentioned it.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Dont make the mistake of believing that our US TROOPS are robots of the NWO. These people have NOTHING to do with the corruption that is happening in the Nations Capitol.

These poeple are our BROTHERS< SISTERS< FATHERS

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The MODS must have thought it prudent to block the latter portion of my last statement. Had you been able to read it, youd have a clearer picture of my stance on this subject.

Nevertheless, I appreciate your opinion on this thread, thanks.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

As far as me knowing people in the US military, I know several and the few I have spoke with would be more inclined to defend their home and family than serve to the contrary. That is not to say that they wouldn't do it to someone elses family. Sorry I ever mentioned it.

If they are defending their home and family, then how exactly would they be out harming someone else's? Can't be two places at once.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I understand there are a lot of illegals in our military now, join up and become a citizen. Also foreign mercenaries as per New Orleans w/ Katrina.

The troops didn't seem to mind walking up and down the streets of New Orleans, busting in people's homes who were high and dry, handcuffing them and taking their guns, old ladies, people who had no defense against vandals who were out everywhere prowling around. (probably mostly CIA and Mossad provacateurs or BATF, who knows)

Yeah, remember how FEMA was so "helpful" during Katrina, cutting the phone wires so the local police and firemen couldn't communicate, keeping the food and water away from the people?

Yep. This should tell us what the rest of us have in store from our beloved government who is "here to help us."

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Salt of the Earth
I understand there are a lot of illegals in our military now, join up and become a citizen. Also foreign mercenaries as per New Orleans w/ Katrina.

I assume you have sources for that ignorant statement? I'd like to see them if you would be so kind.

The troops didn't seem to mind walking up and down the streets of New Orleans, busting in people's homes who were high and dry, handcuffing them and taking their guns, old ladies, people who had no defense against vandals who were out everywhere prowling around. (probably mostly CIA and Mossad provacateurs or BATF, who knows)

Sources? I don't recall any reports of old ladies having their doors busted down and their guns confiscated by the big bad military.

Yeah, remember how FEMA was so "helpful" during Katrina, cutting the phone wires so the local police and firemen couldn't communicate, keeping the food and water away from the people?

And again, sources?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Jenna, did you bother to Google anything I said?

Or you just want me to do your homework for you?

Let me know if you're not up to the task. If you're not, I will go online and pull up the links for you.

Thanks, SOTE

PS: Don't call people ignorant if you haven't checked up on what they said. Could be they were telling the truth.

Here's one You Tube. There's tons of stuff on the Net beyond this, but perhaps this will whet your curiousity. How could you have missed all that happened with Katrina? This is an ABC report:

video.google.com...
video.google.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Salt of the Earth]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

As far as me knowing people in the US military, I know several and the few I have spoke with would be more inclined to defend their home and family than serve to the contrary. That is not to say that they wouldn't do it to someone elses family. Sorry I ever mentioned it.

If they are defending their home and family, then how exactly would they be out harming someone else's? Can't be two places at once.

Oh wow. I'm saying if they had to do something such as secure and take another family to some type of internment camp or something. Geeze

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I

Yep. This should tell us what the rest of us have in store from our beloved government who is "here to help us."

If that was the " on the ground " reality of the situation then God help us....lol.....and furthermore if he did'nt (God that is) help those poor souls in New Orleans during that period what makes anyone else think he well bend on down from heaven and help them.

I lived in Arcadia California at one time....but this is in Iowa....the land of Jim Leach...you know Phil Gramms buddy...the guys that wrote...I mean sponsered the banking acts back in about 1995 which are responsable for alot of the mayhem we have now. I don't think they wrote it as they did not understand and never really read it....They just made it law.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Salt of the Earth

See that's just laziness on your part. You make statements that we are supposed to take as fact merely because you said so. I merely asked for sources because I have not heard of little old ladies having their guns confiscated after Katrina hit. I also know for a fact that there are not illegals joining the military. Legal immigrants yes, illegals no. So I'm curious to see where you got that particular tidbit of information since you "heard" it somewhere.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Yeah, and the government blew up the levees too.

The people had come back, the hurricane had not done the damage expected, and then boom, literally boom, boom, boom, the levees burst and then the fun began.

Our beloved government at work, pulling more mischief as in 9/11, Oklahoma, the assassination of JFK, the USS Liberty (done in collusion with Israel attacking American military ship during LBJ's watch) - on and on and on.

These people running our government are CRIMINALS.

They are fixing to KILL US ALL.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by treemanx
Is this just an honest training exercise, giving the National Guard the ability to practice their skills for real life situations?

Short answer, yes. People here fail to realize that the National Guard are the ones who get called in for a state emergency. If they don't train, they can't do their jobs. If they can't do their jobs, people can get hurt. If another Katrina hits, or some other disaster, I would much rather they have all the training they need than just wing it because people are so paranoid they mistake a training exercise for a military take-over.

1st, the national guard is suppose to help people in crisis, not search for criminals, weapons, or search houses. that is suppose to be local police or the sheriff...we americans are not enemy combatants and the guard should not be training to condition their troops to believe that we are.

if a radical group is threatening to cause harm to civilians, the FBI should be called in. and only, only if the FBI is not capable of handling the situation, should the national guard be called in to assist them.

this increase in military training in suburban settings is scaring the hell out of everybody and fuels the real radical conspirecy nuts...it validates what they say, leading more and more people to start believing them.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I assume you have sources for that ignorant statement? I'd like to see them if you would be so kind.

Sources? I don't recall any reports of old ladies having their doors busted down and their guns confiscated by the big bad military.

And again, sources?

I am just going to post links for you.

Gun Removal, actually taking gun from Old lady...: www.youtube.com...

National Guard Confiscating Guns in New Orleans:www.youtube.com...

NRA: The Untold Story of Gun Confiscation After Katrina: www.youtube.com...

Also I am looking for those videos that had foreign troops practicing martial law in a US city.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Google up Alex Jones Police State I and Police State II, shows American troops being trained to both shoot American citizens and to take their guns and round them up.

Alex filmed it. They were training exercises, role playing war games, where they had actors playing the part of "American citizens saying, Please don't separate me from my family, please don't shoot me, please don't take me to the camp."

You should watch those training videos Alex filmed. Actual footage of American military training, getting ready to round us all up. Can you find them yourself, or do you need help?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Salt of the Earth

I take that to mean you can't back your statements up. Your avoidance is duly noted. You may want to consider easing up on the paranoia though before you give yourself an ulcer.

reply to post by OKCBtard

Thank you. I could have found those myself and actually was looking them up when you posted. I am just getting a bit tired of people making claims about the military that are false and then trying to act like I should prove their claims for them.

I had not heard about the old lady's gun being confiscated before. It was the police that did this though, not the military. Same goes for the other two videos, it was the police that were confiscating guns not the National Guard. They were patrolling and persuading people to leave for their own safety, but they weren't out there confiscating guns.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

What exactly is it that you think the National Guard does when they are sent overseas? Do you think they just sit around on their butts and wait for a disaster to strike whatever area they are in? They help people in a crises, yes, but when they are sent to another country they are many times assisting the police in that country when they aren't being shot at. I'd rather they train here so they are prepared and come back alive, but that's just me.

if a radical group is threatening to cause harm to civilians, the FBI should be called in. and only, only if the FBI is not capable of handling the situation, should the national guard be called in to assist them.

And how would you like them to assist if you don't want them to train for it?

this increase in military training in suburban settings is scaring the hell out of everybody and fuels the real radical conspirecy nuts...it validates what they say, leading more and more people to start believing them.

I think it's more that the radical conspiracy nuts keep repeating the same thing over and over and over again and people just hear it so much that they start to believe it. Thus the reason I constantly find myself in threads that consist of me trying to inform people while several others yell about how the military is full of evil people who will lock you up and eat your children.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join