It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wonder why they hate us?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   

You know, you're absolutely correct! I listened to practically every fair, unbiased Iraqi news source that existed while Saddam was in power, and don't remember anyone ever once saying they wanted him removed.

unbiased news from Iraq.... And noone opposing Saddam..... Do you mean the opposition he shot dead? Of course noone opposed him...since he shot most of them and the rest got the hint.......

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

First of all there were meetings before going to Iraq of Iraqi dissidents in the US speaking for their relatives over in Iraq.

One case I still remember was about a girl who had written a report about Saddam that she read at her school. She said in the report a few things that one teacher didn't like, because it wasn't giving a pretty picture about Saddam. The teacher told the forces loyal to Saddam and they took the girl, after torturing her and letting her see how her father and one of her uncles were killed in front of her she was sent back home a few weeks later, she had been tortured til then. Her family in the States told the story in a hearing. That was not the only case, and other Iraqi dissidents came forth requesting for the US to go there and take care of Saddam.
This happened when Saddam was still in power.....

Another thing...if you are going to talk crap about the US forces.... you should become a soldier, and spend sometime in the battlefield. "After" you know what it is to be in combat then come back and say whatever you want to say. In the meanwhile you should be thanking those who have been keeping your sorry ass safe and free until now. One thing is to disagree with what the president is doing and saying what you think about that. The other is to talk crap about the US forces when they are the ones taking on all the heat.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Um Cargo,

Soldiers pay taxes too. Id really be silent on an issue you seem to have little knowledge about.

And Americans dont pay 50% of thier alaries in taxes. more like 10%-15%. I got money back from the gov this year. Federal income taxes are one small part of the taxes, social security and medicare comprise the rest.

Ill say it again: military has to pay taxes too. So, in part, we pay our own salaries too.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

You know, you're absolutely correct! I listened to practically every fair, unbiased Iraqi news source that existed while Saddam was in power, and don't remember anyone ever once saying they wanted him removed.

unbiased news from Iraq.... And noone opposing Saddam..... Do you mean the opposition he shot dead? Of course noone opposed him...since he shot most of them and the rest got the hint.......

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

First of all there were meetings before going to Iraq of Iraqi dissidents in the US speaking for their relatives over in Iraq.

One case I still remember was about a girl who had written a report about Saddam that she read at her school. She said in the report a few things that one teacher didn't like, because it wasn't giving a pretty picture about Saddam. The teacher told the forces loyal to Saddam and they took the girl, after torturing her and letting her see how her father and one of her uncles were killed in front of her she was sent back home a few weeks later, she had been tortured til then. Her family in the States told the story in a hearing. That was not the only case, and other Iraqi dissidents came forth requesting for the US to go there and take care of Saddam.
This happened when Saddam was still in power.....

Another thing...if you are going to talk crap about the US forces.... you should become a soldier, and spend sometime in the battlefield. "After" you know what it is to be in combat then come back and say whatever you want to say. In the meanwhile you should be thanking those who have been keeping your sorry ass safe and free until now. One thing is to disagree with what the president is doing and saying what you think about that. The other is to talk crap about the US forces when they are the ones taking on all the heat.

Once again, I overestimated some of the audience. The sarcasm in my reply should have been obvious.

I'll speak much more slowly, OK? Try to keep up.

I -was- making -fun- of- the- person- that- said- they- didn't -ask- for- us- to- take- him -out.

The fact that I mentioned the election results with 100% in favor of Saddam should have been a tip-off.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

I can prob guess your no older than 16, with little military experience, and an affinity for men. Soldiers are people, something liberals like to overook. Imagine humping miles a day in 96 degree plus heat, with the cacophony of small arms fire echoing every couple steps, blood stains on street corners, COs yelling commands into your ear, the strap of your rifle bearing down on your shoulder blades, ungrateful people yelling at you for no reason other than you are there, you didnt ask to be there but you followed orders cause you have something called integrity, friends of yours have died, you cant sleep at night from the sounds of shells raining down on compounds, not knowing whether your gonna live to see tommorow. Now tell me that doesnt create a highly stressful situation. Liberals support letting off mexican illegals who murder their slave runners under extreme stress, and yet your gonna tell these young men that if they make one mistake they should be crucified.

And sure, if you want the military to learn the language of every country before they invade it thats ok, but Id like to see you put in 6 months of time too. Hump that sally.

Doesn't matter what's going on. They are still expected to follow the UCMJ and standard escalation of force that they are taught to the point of redundancy.

I understand the pressure and daily fear, but if this story is even true, then the soldiers need to be brought up on charges.

War is hell, true, but this is peacekeeping (supposedly).

As for the nutjob you were replying to. I don't think he would know professional if it jumped up and bit him on the ass.

Soldiers are NOT professional, they do the job.

[Edited on 17-4-2004 by KrazyJethro]

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Soldiers are NOT professional, they do the job.
Never has a more true statement been said (by KrazyJethro).

DC

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but since I've saw dead bodies of americans being dragged, beated and hunged, I have absolutly no pity for any Irakis, be it civils or soldiers, so they can beat and kill as much as they want, they had it coming.

Tell me, if they haven't done that to send more hate toward them (the beating of dead bodies on TV), then why have they did it?

[Edited on 17-4-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
Tell me, if they haven't done that to send more hate toward them (the beating of dead bodies on TV), then why have they did it?

They attract their own. They've succumbed to the Dark Side of the force.

Actually, their really just about 1400 years behind the rest of the world. We used to do that to people, remember?

DC

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Jsobecky...first of..it is nearly impossible to know when someone is using sarcastic remarks when a lot of people in here post stupid statements. This is also a freaken forum, you can't "hear" the sarcasm.. Also realize that I was addressing another person too who was saying crap about the US forces. As for your attempt to belittle me....you can kiss my butt.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Jsobecky...first of..it is nearly impossible to know when someone is using sarcastic remarks when a lot of people in here post stupid statements. This is also a freaken forum, you can't "hear" the sarcasm.. Also realize that I was addressing another person too who was saying crap about the US forces. As for your attempt to belittle me....you can kiss my butt.

Chill out. And don't blame someone else for your lack of reading comprehension. If I really wanted to belittle you, I'd tear you a new one for your (incorrect) assumptions about my service to my country. I've got enough metal, wire, bolts, etc., in the left side of my body to build you a new play pen.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I've got enough metal, wire, bolts, etc., in the left side of my body to build you a new play pen.

Are you sure that metal is not in your brain?

[Edited on 17-4-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Are you sure that metal is not in your brain?

You've already shown off your lack of intelligence. Now you want to broadcast your lack of maturity?

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jsobecky
I'd tear you a new one for your (incorrect) assumptions about my service to my country.

You are talking about assumptions when you did not even read or u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d what i said in my previous response to you.

Also realize that I was addressing another person too who was saying crap about the US forces.

I hate having to resort to feeble attempts at insults but as you have demonstrated its the only way you u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   

You've already shown off your lack of intelligence. Now you want to broadcast your lack of maturity?

Wow, i didn't know you have to be an a s s and insult people to be smart.....my bad..... I guess i am not that smart according to your definition of the word since i only insult morons when they start throwing insults at me to communicate.

BTW, I already sent you a response in u2u, I really doubt the other members want to hear bitching in the forums, if you want to continue this do it there.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
______

Muaddib

Sometime these discussions get so heated that it's easy to miss the fact that we are fighting one another when we are actually in agreement.

Sorry if I bellitled you. Let's move on from here.

john

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I apologize to you also and to everyone else for having to be a witness to this. It all was because of a misunderstanding more than anything else.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Dudes! I think it's great when people start going for the throat. Isn't that what this whole thread is about anyway?

Deny Ignorance,
DeltaChaos

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I don't think that you have to resort to ad hominem attacks to prove your point. Anyways, it says on the rules that personnal attacks are not really condoned, unless i am mistaken.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo

If the only people who are worth a damn to you are those who join the military then spare a thought for those who are robbed of 50% of their salary to pay your wages.
Remember Lt. William Calley was just following orders too right?

The thing is most US military personnel are probably not like you, are able to reason, excercise logic and are there so they can go to university and make something of themselves. Not just to see some action.

As for learning the dialect if the country, that's what a professional does. If it takes 6 months for you to learn a variety of important arabic phrases then I feel sorry for you. You can use a computer, I'm sure you could learn to use one of those pocket translator gizmos. Smoke that Jethro.

Its official you dont know anything about the military but you feel you have enough #bird knowledge to comment on it. I like hearing your input about the politics surrounding the war but spare tarnishing the name of the real people who have to fight it.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Dudes! I think it's great when people start going for the throat. Isn't that what this whole thread is about anyway?

Deny Ignorance,
DeltaChaos

You know, DC, you're right. Schilling had just struck out another Yankee here in Beantown - in my moment of weakness I was feeling good. What the hell was I thinking of?

Thanks for the wakeup slap.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Hey hey hey, stop messin with Muaddib.

Haven't you guys read Dune? He'll come to your house riding a big worm, man.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join