It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relatively New

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   
". . .Tasting. . .tasting. . .1. . . 2. . .3. . .SLURP! . .
-Tom Smothers, The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour, @ 1966

Although I joined a while back, I've not had the chance to post prior to tonight. One of the reasons is that I don't have a computer of my own, which explains a lot.

Another is that I only access at work or at a library, and that's not as frequently as I'd like. In as much as possible, I'll check in, although I never have much time.

One of the site's blurbs came up a few moments ago, explaining their motto "Deny Ignorance." It's a sentiment I'm quite fond of, concerning the misinformation and disinformation that passes for gospel nowadays. I consider ignorance my worst enemy, after my ego.

Still, for what it's worth, I thought I'd include the following quotes, which may or may not be relevant to the mood of ATS's motto:

"Ignorance is the mother of all evil. . .Ignorance is a slave. Knowledge is freedom." - The Gospel of Philip (Gnostic)

"Ignorance appeared like dust and like the scum of the sea, And the vain supposed it was great and were its child,
But the wise unsderstood and meditated and were unpolluted in their meditations For they shared the mind of the Lord.
They laughed at those in error and spoke truth breathed into them by the Highest One."
- The Odes of Solomon, Ode 18

'nuff said.

[Edited on 2004-4-15 by okami]

[Edited on 2004-4-15 by okami]

[Edited on 15-4-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS okami save your money up to get a comp
if you need anything send a u2u my way see you around the place

new topics

join