It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral projectoin against religion?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Hi I was wondering if Astral Projection was against any religion? I am christian and I dont want to be doing something against it. Thanks

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Why would it be against a religion?

are video games against any religion?

this is an odd question, if i may say.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Astral Projection IS NOT against any religion - too my knowledge. I know many will not believe me, but my grandma used to be able to AP, or as it is more commonly known - 'OBE'. Now, she is probably one of the most devout religious persons I have ever known, and I fully believe she tells me the truth when she tells me what it was like...

Again, APing is not against any religion..in fact, I believe it is natural to the human race and most of us are just to ignorant, or SCARED, perhaps, to realize this.

So, go ahead and AP your heart out
(Not literally)

-wD

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I don't believe Christianity supports astral travelling...ooh i think you might be committing a sin just by talking about it.

on the other hand, Hinduism encourages and promotes it..and buddhism does too...not sure about any other religion.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
LoL, well, Bobbo, video games are a different matter in itself..you see, I don't want to get into this, but, according to most religions, violence and killing, which many games promote and are based on, are against a religion or two, or three...or four..or five..lol.

However, that debate deserves it's own thread for itself

-wD

link   
It's not an odd question ...

Astral Projection could be considered a part of witchcraft or satanism by some religions. I'm not religous myself, so I'm not 100% sure on the matter anyway's. You never know though, it just might be the work of the devil! Muahahaha

link   
Geez man I swear you just love to pick on me I am just trying to post a question and I want answers! Please dont post about how stupid you think my question is. Do you just sit around and refresh the page waiting for a question and then POUNCE on your innocent prey?

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I posed a question. to me, it doesn't make sense to just post a question like "is astral projection against any religion?" because then we all just argue about who knows more about what religion.

but if you could back up that one religion or another frowns upon APing, or provide us with a link to an article about a religion that does, then we'd have a good debate.

i'm not picking on you at all- just asking questions.

but IMO, a lot of your posts are odd, and could they just be so you get points?

and my prey is never innocent.

and... i was being sarcastic about the video games.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
no question is odd and no question is stupid. If he doesn't know the answer to what he want's to know, no matter how stupid it may sound to anyone, then just maybe ... he doesn't know the answer and would like to ask other's who may know? I mean, I could be way off here and not know what I'm talking about ... but I think the kid just want's an answer to something he just might not really know the answer too. I don't think he's asking for criticism. So dude ... back off him just a bit.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Indrid,
I also am a Christian, and have been attempting to AP for over a year. I believe that there is nothing wrong with AP'ing and give this in evidence.I know and am convinced in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself; but to him who thinks anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean.(Romans 14:14)

Also, don't be so uptight. Bobbo is right. Calm down.

regs out...

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
wait you mean you christians no longer consider it as dabbling in the occult???? I am surprised.

indrid, if you really want an answer to this question, I suggest you check on a Christian message board, they will give you a better qualified answer.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Worldwatcher, I am saying what I believe. My conscience is clear for attempting this. I don't consider it dabbling in the occult. Watch the sarcasm.

regs out...

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
regs, sorry for the sarcasm...well no not really

but I don't doubt your intentions and motives, I was just under the impression that your religion as a whole didn't approve of anything like astral projectings, tarots cards, divination, etc. I thought i read something to the effect in the bible somewhere...but then again i am not sure and i aint in the mood to pursue it now.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Worldwatcher, just remember that this isn't the pit so watch the sarcasm and verbal jabs. On the religion issue, the Bible states the aforementioned passage so if I do what I do in full confidence that it is "OK" then to me it is "OK". To me, tarot cards and divination and such isn't "OK". To me, the body is a shell of the spirit, the soul.

regs out...

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
IndridCold, Astral Travel is absolutely not against God. It is a gift from God.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
If you're a Christian then you probably should have read your Bible from cover to cover by now.

Does it speak against Astral Projection anywhere?

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Tamahu,
Nowhere does it speak of Astral that I have ever read.

regs out...

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
regs, I see no basis for your threats, sarcasm is now only allowed in the mudpit? and what verbal jabs are you talking about? I see nothing in my comments that should get you riled up, there is and has been much worse being said in other threads.

I merely stated my opinion that Christians didn't approve of astral travel because that is what Christians have told me in the past, when I brought the subject up. This has been a confusing issue to me too, since astral projection is a fundamentally a Hindu practice (Hinduism is older than Christianity and astral travel has long been written and practiced by the sages and yogis of the ancient hindu texts the Vedas) To me, astral projecting would conflict in the Christian belief of Heaven and Hell.

indrid, here is a link to a Christian site, in which they discuss and the most of them oppose the idea of astral travelling:

www.christianfora.com...

www.crmspokane.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
To me, astral projecting would conflict in the Christian belief of Heaven and Hell.

I was thinking the same thing. I doubt Christians aren't 'allowed' to astral project, but the experience may change your beliefs.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
just thought of another thing.
In the astral plane you may meet other entities...wouldn't that too go against Christian beliefs, the bible says christians shouldn't communicate with spirits.

(i know it says that somewhere, just don't know the passage)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join