It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AirAmerica Liberal Radio taken off air in L.A., Chicago only after two weeks because of bogus check

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
STATION OWNER CLAIMS: AIR AMERICA 'BOUNCES CHECK'; LIBERAL RADIO NET TAKEN OFF IN LOS ANGELES, CHICAGO AFTER ONLY TWO WEEKS
Wed Apr 14 2004 16:18:43 ET

After just two weeks on the air, Air America Radio, the fledgling liberal talk-radio network featuring Al Franken and Janeane Garofalo, appears to have encountered serious cash-flow problems.

www.drudgereport.com...

Its probably nothing more than a temporary setback. I'm sure that some Marxist, ...oh forgive me, I mean progressive thinker with money like Soros will bail them out.

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by Crazyhorse]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'm kinda bummed, I live in Chicago and would listen to it. I'm sure that there are going to be plenty of "vast right wing conspiracy" theories about to show up here...I wonder what would happen to NPR if the government pulled their funding...

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Interesting Marxist reference. It goes well with the Capitalist monpolistic dream that conservatives hold high.

I like the puke icon too, especially when used in the same sentence as the philanthropist Soros. Yeah, helping your fellow man makes me sick too. [/sarcasm]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
A copy of the complaint filed by Air America can be found at The Smoking Gun - five pages total.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hmm, they're saying the check was fine in that document. Hey, did you guys know I live in one of the biggest radio markets in the US?

I'm not surprised, if the brief is true, that MRA decided to pull their Chicago station in retaliation. Chicago is a very liberal town, I'm sure it had a huge following. This could really hurt MRA bad check or no, from the public outcry that will probable ensue.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
I'm kinda bummed, I live in Chicago and would listen to it. I'm sure that there are going to be plenty of "vast right wing conspiracy" theories about to show up here...I wonder what would happen to NPR if the government pulled their funding...

NPR got about a 200 billion dollar gift from the McDonalds founders wife when she died late last year. (but they still have those annoying fund drives (and yes i do donate!!)) So I think they're sitting okay for a few years atleast......

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Well, I personally have closed the books on Air America Radio. I started a post when they first went on air; I anticipated a discussion of the issues from the left side of the aisle. It never happened; it was always anti-Bush rantings, every time I tuned in.

Maybe the liberals never had any solutions to the problems, and instead had to resort to yelling anti-Bush slogans to fill the time slots. But that gets old in a big hurry.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
As I said in the following thread, Air America will fail.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
IMO, 2 weeks too late

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Seriously, any "network" that boasts having Janeane Garafolo as a political talkshow host, is destined to fail.

top topics

join