It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you do when somebody has you on "ignore"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Here is what I am doing. When the author of a thread has me on ignore I am copying and pasting my post and sending it to them in a U2U. One way or another I intend to be heard.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I am not sure but I think the ignore feature is also available in the u2u as well.

So you might be just wasting your time. Why bother someone who put you on ignore anyway?

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Do nothing. No point in being a pest.

link   
Thanks RF, but how did you read this? I thought you were one of the folks who had me on ignore.

link   
To be placed on ignore you've obviously upset someone quite considerably,instead of copy and pasting then u2uing them why not try a u2u to resolve issues?
Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Thanks kuhl. You are wise beyond your tender years.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Nope, u2u doesn't have ignore.
If you ignore someone you think is an idiot, they can then spam you with more idiocy through u2u.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

Thanks. And ditto.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Thanks RF, but how did you read this? I thought you were one of the folks who had me on ignore.

Nope. I do not have anyone on ignore.

2nd line.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen
Nope, u2u doesn't have ignore.
If you ignore someone you think is an idiot, they can then spam you with more idiocy through u2u.

Actually no they cannot spam you thru u2u. The u2u has a spam prevention feature which makes you wait a couple of minutes before sending another u2u.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

How do you know when someone has you on ignore? Did they tell you or are you just guessing?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Ok you all have convinced me of the error of my ways. Please nobody else respond. I AM WRONG. I will change my strategy accordingly. Thanks to everyone who has responded. The admin may feel free to delete my thread. I am obviously not functioning on all cylinders. I am sorry.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

How do you know when someone has you on ignore? Did they tell you or are you just guessing?

There was a thread where somebody, I do not remember who, posted that you could right click on a page and select "view page source". Then you could search the text file for instances of your username to find who is ignoring you. Since RFBurns does not have me on ignore, that little maneuver is obviously not working. When I tried it in this thread it returned that every one of you has me on ignore. So it kind of back fired on me. I guess you cannot believe everything you read on the internet.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Thanks for responding. I don't have anyone on ignore, never had and hope to never will. Everyone has a right to their opinion whether I believe them or not.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but if multiple people feel the need to ignore you then obviously you have bigger problems then being heard. I suggest you take a look at yourself, your manners, and your ability to interact with people in a positive way even during a heated debate.

ATS by its very nature is here to create controversial subjects. It is up to the members to be able to oppose views that does not fit their way of thinking, but also at the same time you must do it in a respectful manner.

If someone ignored you, they did it for a reason. There is no reason for you to U2U them, because obviously they have no interest in what you have to say.

Hopefully, you really are not ignored by multiple people. If so, I would recommend that you think before you type, give well thought and researched responses, all while remaining polite even if opposing their view.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Ignore isn't a tool I use these days.

Everyone has something to say; even if I don't like it I should still listen to it.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Whaaat? You can u2u people who ignore you? So ignore is just for thread posts. This seems completely backwards to me.

So you ignore someone, the thread stops making sense due to missing posts, but they can still harass you with u2u, which IMO is what ignore should be for. Stupid stupid and more stupid.

Change or eliminate ignore!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

You of course are absolutely correct. What is wrong with me?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sara1
So you ignore someone, the thread stops making sense due to missing posts, but they can still harass you with u2u, which IMO is what ignore should be for.

No they can't. The T&C states:

2f.) Private Messages: You will not use the private messaging system (U2U) to send mass messages to multiple member accounts. All private messages are subject to these terms and conditions, violations will result in immediate account termination. You also agree that "U2Us" (Private Messages) are confidential. You will not post or publically display U2Us received from ATS staff or other members, in any way, without the written permission of the author.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder I thought you were one of the folks who had me on ignore.

You can ignore someone without using the ignore button...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join