It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Jazeera: Terrorist Network

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'm sick of Al-Jazeera and how they seem to be in league with terrorists. I think in some cases they have probably incited the terrorism for a good story. They refused to air the part of an interview with Bin Laden where he says he is indeed a terrorist. They Lie about events, they get terrorists on film killing people and they slant the story to make it seem like the arab terrorists are the real victims. It's not news, it's an action TV show with western values as the super villain and real people are dieing while they say whatever they want true or untrue to sell terrorist values to the arab people. The Saudi government needs to pull their sponsorship of this crapola.

Here's something about them in the news today:

"Al-Jazeera reported that large numbers of British soldiers were killed, their vehicles destroyed in an attack on their camp in the governate of Maysan," Senor said."

"We [checked] this with our officials in Maysan, who confirmed no casualties of any kind after nine mortar rounds fired at an Iraqi Civil Defense Corps base."

That tells me that Al-Jazeera was on the side of the terrorists shooting those mortar rounds at the base and they probably speculated they they killed a bunch of westerners and printed it. What kind of crapola is that? I'd be willing to go as far as to say that there were no terrorists there and it was a couple Al-Jazeera reporters shooting those mortar rounds to make a story.

www.cnn.com...

It seems that the last thing Al-Jazeera has in mind is journalistic integrity. They are supporters of terrorism and should be treated as such. Let's try to keep this thread on topic, I'm not talking about CNN, or FOX news (please let's not get started on them lol,) or any other news network.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
To the point Johnsmith, Al-Jazeera has been torted as a credible source on ATS for quite some time. Links are posted to their stories which are then followed by kinks to more credible news sources debunking their whole pack of lies. This has happened so many time that you could likely spend the rest of the week reading them. You will also find that those promoting their rubbish never conceeded any of this all the while arguing for their cause. This led me to conclusions about them involving hidden agendas and in a few cases, I made my feelings known. They left or re-joined under new managment. But, since the Bagdad Bob incident, the Al-Jazeera references have been at a minimum with those using them as foundations to launch propaghanda finding their advances are not taken seriously and so they move on.

I said it from the beginning when terror sypathizers began offering this reference, that after a few times of being proven false, they soon would fall by the wayside. Now, Al-Jazeera is little more than a joke to most who seek truth.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Al Jazeera is about as useful as Faux News. Sometimes there is a gem in amongst the #e, but its rare.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
ok I admit Al-Jazeera's access to video and audio tapes from known terrorists is a little suspect. But when looking at it rationally, you would expect them to be the ones to get these videos because they are the largest form of media in that part of the world. They speak the language, share the ideology, that's why they would be the voice of those people.

Here's al-jazeera recent statement on U.S criticism:
Meanwhile, General John Abizaid, the head of US Central Command, singled out Aljazeera as portraying US military action "as purposely targeting civilians, and we absolutely do not do that, and I think everybody knows that."

"They have not been truthful in their reporting. Haven't been accurate," said Abizaid.

Aljazeera denied the allegations. "Aljazeera rejects these accusations and consider them a threat to the right and the mission of the media outlets to cover the reality of what is happening in Iraq during this tough and complicated field circumstances," said Aljazeera in a statement on Tuesday.

"This is an unjustified pressure against the freedom of the press," added the statement.

Editorial policy

Aljazeera has also pointed out that it will continue to cover the events in Iraq and present all the points of view on Iraq "objectively, independently and professionally".

US General John Abizaid lashed
out at Aljazeera TV

Aljazeera reiterated its standing with its editorial policy "that is commited to portraying different opinions and presenting the viewers with a full and real picture."

US Marines, responding to the murder of four American guards in Falluja on 31 March, attacked resistance fighters in the town last week.

As fighting intensified, US authorities have stepped up a separate battle for public opinion, tightly controlling the flow of information to journalists whose ability to move freely in Iraq has been limited by increasing danger.

Doctors in Falluja say more than 700 people have died in the fighting. The US military says they are mainly "rebels", but Aljazeera, with teams inside the town, insists a large number of women and children are among the dead.

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
they are the largest form of media in that part of the world. They speak the language, share the ideology, that's why they would be the voice of those people.

They share the ideology of the terrorists. That's all you had to say. They continually lie so anything they say should be suspect because it seems to be the case that the truth is a causality when it comes to the opinions that Al-Jazeera says are facts. They don't report the news they make it. They aren't a independent reporting force they are a terrorist propaganda tool. Do you know any soldiers in Iraq? I do and I'l be dammed if any of them would shoot a women or child unless it was an accident or the women or children shot first. They are trying to make us look like monsters to incite more violence against western and american values. I wouldn't be surprised if Al-Jazeera reporters took some women and children and shot them than put their bodies on TV and say US troops did it.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
so the 8000 to 10,000 total civilian deaths, which includes women and children being reported elsewhere not Al-Jazeera, was made up by Al-Jazeera??

www.csmonitor.com...
www.iraqbodycount.net...
www.ccmep.org...

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
And again, what they report is taken with a huge grain of salt. Not because it sounds so unbelievable but because of their past record for distortion of the facts and pretty much all out slinging of BS.

Oh and concerning Fox News, I will be the very first to admit their reporters are biased and attempt to add a pro-US slant to their stories but most of the reports are held to a higher standard of reporting than AL (Bundy) Jazeera simply because if they get too wild, CNN is just waiting to pounce and unvaiel it for the pro-right organization it is. It also works the other way however with CNN not getting away with much. I like CNN better because its more news than entertainment and though I do see a slight left slant, their reporters opinions aren't spouted every 10 seconds.

You're a report, not a scholar, just read the damn paper and keep your opinion to yourself.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
"They share the ideology of the terrorists."

What they are Muslim?

I use Al Jazeera regularly.I find their news very informative.

I use the BBC,CCN,and Reuters also.

I don't just want people telling me what I want to hear.

I'm not one for burying my head in the sand.

If I remember correctly Rumsfeld did an interview with them but the it would be the first time he'd consorted with "terrorists" would it?

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
actually when I said ideology, I did mean to say religion as in Muslims. That's why I feel they get the access to the terrorist tapes....because of the fact that they are a muslim based organization, willing to listen and broadcast the muslim view...even if it is an extreme view. Bin Laden and followers aren't going to hand over their tapes to a Jewish organization...they give it to Al-Jazeera because they know Al-Jazeera will broadcast it and not hide it....and it isn't only only Al-Jazeera that gets access to this stuff, so does Abu Dhabi.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
That's why I feel they get the access to the terrorist tapes....because of the fact that they are a muslim based organization, willing to listen and broadcast the muslim view...even if it is an extreme view. Bin Laden and followers aren't going to hand over their tapes to a Jewish organization...they give it to Al-Jazeera because they know Al-Jazeera will broadcast it and not hide it...

Really? Well here, try to use that argument after you read this.

"MADRID, Spain (CNN) -- Police have arrested a correspondent for Qatar-based Al-Jazeera TV at his home in southern Spain accusing him of having links to the al Qaeda terrorist group."

www.cnn.com...

Maybe not all Al-Jazeera reporters are terrorists but some of them are, FACT.

How about this:

"If inciting people to do that is terrorism, and if killing those who kill our sons is terrorism, then let history be witness that we are terrorists."

(Bin Laden admitting he is a terrorist, this is the inter view that CNN aired and Al-Jazeera broke off their relationship with CNN for airing it because

"Al-Jazeera conducted the exclusive interview with bin Laden on October 21, but declined to air it. Nearly two months later, the network said it did not meet its standards and was not newsworthy. "

www.cnn.com...

Sounds newsworthy to me. Why would they get so mad at CNN unless Al-Jazeera is trying to make the terrorists look reasonable and that interview didn't float the bill.

I think you should rethink your position. Unless you are saying Muslim based and terrorist based mean the same thing. It seems they not only "listen" to the extremest view but they actively endorse it.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'll take Al Jazeera's word for what's really going on in Afghanistan or Iraq before any major American, zionist-controlled media-whore outlet anyday? Why?? Because it's far more likely to be the truth.

Why do you think Al-Jazeera is being continually censored by the lapdog military leaders of the NWO??? Because they are telling the truth! Why do you think their offices were bombed and their reporters and camermen are being shot and killed??? Because the NWO cabal can not afford for the American people to be exposed to the truth, else we would rise and throw them all in jail where they belong!

P.S. And I'm a devout Christian...not a Muslim.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
look here johnsmith... from the beginning I said Al-Jazeera's access to tapes from terrorists was a little suspect. al-jazeera may have employees that side with Bin Laden and terrorist views however to say that the entire network is a terrorist organization and all their news is propandga is not fair. It also does not make the news they issue any less relevant than news spread by any other organizations.

That's like me saying Fox news and Rupert Murdoch are being paid off by the Bush Administration and they are all republican ass kissers.

everything you read or hear from all media sources should be considered when trying to form an opinion and Al-Jazeera is just showing another side of an issue you don't want to see or hear.
You rather hear the coverage on Iraq from the American Media, who makes no mention of civilian casualities? What, you still think that it doesn't happen and Al-Jazeera is making it all up.

I don't know why Al-Jazeera didn't want to air the tape, maybe they were told not to, but in that particular tape, were does Bin Laden say he is a terrorist?
If you are refering to this:
"If inciting people to do that is terrorism, and if killing those who kill our sons is terrorism, then let history be witness that we are terrorists."

I suggest you read the entire transcript, you can see how it being taken out of context, with the other statements made by Bin Laden. Right before saying the above he said:
"America has made many accusations against us and many other Muslims around the world. Its charge that we are carrying out acts of terrorism is unwarranted."

please do remember that the definition of the word terrorism is questionable and if they are using it in the context of what they consider to be self-defense then is it really still terrorism?

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mepatriot
I'll take Al Jazeera's word for what's really going on in Afghanistan or Iraq before any major American, zionist-controlled media-whore outlet anyday? Why?? Because it's far more likely to be the truth.

:shk: This is why I get my news from as many sources as I can. America does have the ability to see anyone's story as long as it's on the internet. To discount an entire perspective of the "Jew run media
" is just biggoted. The same goes for Al Jazeera. Take it with a grain of salt, but don't ignore it. That is the media the middle east relies on, and we can gauge the mentality, at least of the extreamists, based on it. Plus, they occasionally do get a story started. You can follow it up with other news agencies to fill in the holes.

P.S. I don't believe it's a "Jew run media" as is evident from previous posts on other threads.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I'll take Al Jazeera's word for what's really going on in Afghanistan or Iraq before any major American, zionist-controlled media-whore outlet anyday

Because they are telling the truth! Why do you think their offices were bombed and their reporters and camermen are being shot and killed???

P.S. And I'm a devout Christian...not a Muslim.

zionist controlled? O you're one of those wakos, go play nazi in some other thread there buddy.

Truth? They lie (FACT!) They have has terrorists in their ranks (FACT!) The suppress news that doesn't justify terrorists actions. (FACT!) In my opinion they should be on the list of terrorists organizations. Ever think that they were being shot at by US troops because the reporters shot first? Or we bombed their buildings because there was gun or mortar fire coming from them?

I really don't give a flying dingo what your religion is. Go peddle your Nazi views somewhere else.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
That is your term, not mine. It is the Zionists who have pushed America into this "War on Terrorism" so that they can continue to build their world empire out of the ashes, and keep the Arab populations from ever getting a proportionate share of their political influence Washington. Real Jews are compassionate, caring people who don't crave power over others (to the point of exterminating their neighbors) like the Zionists do. Real Jews are outspoken critics of Zionism and the Zionist militarization of the entire Middle East that the Richard Perle's,(etc. in the Bush White House) of the world are so hell bent on.

Many Zionists are non-Jewish, and most Jews are non-Zionist.

If you think the Zionists do not have a disproportionate voice in American media and the American political process you're just being an intellectual pervert....the truth is the truth...and I'll call it as I see it. Yes, we do have a zionist-controlled NWO-sympathizing whorish media in this country....and they lie continually. They even admit their right to lie to us for "national security' reasons now!! How laughable...and we're the ones claiming to want to plant democracy throughout the Arab world?!? What a joke.

Thank goodness for Al Jazeera. Certainly they have a journalistic viewpoint, but refreshingly, it isn't the Zionist viewpoint that is constantly crammed down our throats here in America.

Three cheers for the martyred Rachel Corrie!!

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

That is your term, not mine.
keep the Arab populations from ever getting a proportionate share of their political influence Washington. Real Jews are compassionate, caring people who don't crave power over others (to the point of exterminating their neighbors) like the Zionists do.
Real Jews are outspoken critics of Zionism and the Zionist militarization of the entire Middle East that the Richard Perle's,(etc. in the Bush White House) of the world are so hell bent on.

If you think the Zionists do not have a disproportionate voice in American media and the American political process you're just being an intellectual pervert....the truth is the truth...and I'll call it as I see it. Yes, we do have a zionist-controlled NWO-sympathizing whorish media in this country....and they lie continually. They even admit their right to lie to us for "national security' reasons now!! How laughable...and we're the ones claiming to want to plant democracy throughout the Arab world?!? What a joke.

Thank goodness for Al Jazeera. Certainly they have a journalistic viewpoint, but refreshingly, it isn't the Zionist viewpoint that is constantly crammed down our throats here in America.

No it's not my "term."
You say arab influence in washington? You mean Muslim influence, I think it is a bad idea because Muslims put religious views before truth and justice.

" Yes, we do have a zionist-controlled NWO-sympathizing whorish media in this country and they lie continually."

Ummm, no. That sounds like propaganda. Offer up some proof there. Sounds like something you read but didn't bother to follow up on. National security is important, there are countless reasons information is kept secret not all of them are good reasons but a lot of them are so to discount the reasoning as a whole is a logical error made purposefully to influence your anti-zionist view.

If "non Zionist" news means terrorism is ok, means that supporting the murder of westerns and lying (yes I have shown proof unlike you of Al Jazeera lying) to make murder seem like a good idea than I can't see how anyone would support it other than as a pro terrorist anti west tool.

The US is a bit over 200 years old, we aren't impoverished like a majority of the middle east. Wonder why? Because we're doing something right and they are so bogged down by their religion that they can't see past their own mistakes. When religion controls the media and the government people are impoverished and need a scape goat. We are that scape goat because we have more so we must be the bad guys. It's an internal problem that the arab governments have blamed on the rich west because they can't admit they are responsible for the woes of their own countries. Al Jazeera helps the middle east place this blame, they support terrorists, some of them are terrorists, they lie and slant the truth to fit their own needs. So you think being non-zionist is refreshing even if it's lies and a terrorist related organization? Well that says something about the type of person you are and they type of reasoning you think is acceptable.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I wasn't even talking to you, JOHNsmith, you name-calling, feeble-minded truth-challenged intellectual amoeba! (LOL)

I was responding to Jungle Jake.

I won't waste my efforts on you, as you obviously have swallowed the official propaganda line hook, line and sinker....to "ignore" you go, and good riddance.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I wasn't even talking to you, JOHNsmith, you name-calling, feeble-minded truth-challenged intellectual amoeba! (LOL)

I was responding to Jungle Jake.

I won't waste my efforts on you, as you obviously have swallowed the official propaganda line hook, line and sinker....to "ignore" you go, and good riddance.

I know I said Jew run, not you. In many of my discussions with people who hate zionists, many just lump the entire Jewish nation into the group. Glad to hear you're not one of them, although I do disagree with you with the points I made before

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
You're fast with the insults but slow with anything resembling truth, fact or a solid basis for your opinions. Ignore would be a good idea, I don't think you will find it easy to get people in here to agree with the things you say because you try to make for your lack of a solid basis, truth and facts with personal insults.

Bye now

BTW, I don't care who you were talking to, it doesn't make what I said any less valid.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmith
I'm sick of Al-Jazeera and how they seem to be in league with terrorists. I think in some cases they have probably incited the terrorism for a good story. They refused to air the part of an interview with Bin Laden where he says he is indeed a terrorist. They Lie about events, they get terrorists on film killing people and they slant the story to make it seem like the arab terrorists are the real victims. It's not news, it's an action TV show with western values as the super villain and real people are dieing while they say whatever they want true or untrue to sell terrorist values to the arab people. The Saudi government needs to pull their sponsorship of this crapola.

Here's something about them in the news today:

"Al-Jazeera reported that large numbers of British soldiers were killed, their vehicles destroyed in an attack on their camp in the governate of Maysan," Senor said."

"We [checked] this with our officials in Maysan, who confirmed no casualties of any kind after nine mortar rounds fired at an Iraqi Civil Defense Corps base."

That tells me that Al-Jazeera was on the side of the terrorists shooting those mortar rounds at the base and they probably speculated they they killed a bunch of westerners and printed it. What kind of crapola is that? I'd be willing to go as far as to say that there were no terrorists there and it was a couple Al-Jazeera reporters shooting those mortar rounds to make a story.

www.cnn.com...

It seems that the last thing Al-Jazeera has in mind is journalistic integrity. They are supporters of terrorism and should be treated as such. Let's try to keep this thread on topic, I'm not talking about CNN, or FOX news (please let's not get started on them lol,) or any other news network.

its kinda funny how you say they are not credible and yet I see our news networks use snippets from Al-Jazeera to fill in parts of the coverage they lack

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join