It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Death Buses Deliver Executions, Organ Harvesting On the Go

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

China's Death Buses Deliver Executions, Organ Harvesting On the Go

i.gizmodo.com

If you're a criminal in China, you'll want to avoid its new death buses, vehicles that carry out executions while streaming live video of them, then provide some privacy for organ harvesting.

The buses, of which over 40 are currently in use, are replacing firing squads as China's preferred method of execution. The buses provide a setup for lethal injections, and the acts are carried out on streaming video so local authorities can observe and ensure that everything is done legally.

Critics say that the buses help the government secretly harvest organs to sell to the west, as there's already a doctor on hand to administer the injection and they never show the bodies between execution and cremation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
jalopnik.com
www.usatoday.com

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I just don't know about a bus that pulls into town and the convicted are strapped down, loaded in, and killed. No process of appeal, just the say of one judge, and within a short time you're dead and chopped up for body parts.

USA Today goes on to say:

Injections leave the whole body intact and require participation of doctors. Organs can "be extracted in a speedier and more effective way than if the prisoner is shot," says Mark Allison, East Asia researcher at Amnesty International in Hong Kong. "We have gathered strong evidence suggesting the involvement of (Chinese) police, courts and hospitals in the organ trade."

Executions in death vans are recorded on video and audio that is played live to local law enforcement authorities — a measure intended to ensure they are carried out legally.

China's refusal to give outsiders access to the bodies of executed prisoners has added to suspicions about what happens afterward: Corpses are typically driven to a crematorium and burned before relatives or independent witnesses can view them.

Very efficient and probably profitable, but very harsh.

The country that executed more than four times as many convicts as the rest of the world combined last year is slowly phasing out public executions by firing squad in favor of lethal injections. Unlike the United States and Singapore, the only two other countries where death is administered by injection, China metes out capital punishment from specially equipped "death vans" that shuttle from town to town.

Makers of the death vans say the vehicles and injections are a civilized alternative to the firing squad, ending the life of the condemned more quickly, clinically and safely. The switch from gunshots to injections is a sign that China "promotes human rights now," says Kang Zhongwen, who designed the Jinguan Automobile death van.....

i.gizmodo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12/2/2009 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I for one am glad that China has gotten so efficient with executions. I think that people, criminal or otherwise are waiting too long before the end. Sure it's not as fun as a firing squad who can deny, but this way vital organs can be rendered quickly and efficiently and sold with astounding profits to the west.

Good Going China!
It's good to see a communist country with well over a billion and a half people take the appropriate steps to curb the criminal population as well as relieving the strain on the organ donor program. With any luck China can be free of criminals and people all over the world can benefit from slightly used tissue and organs.

It's a Win Win.

join