It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to say to the cops.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Gday all. This only applies to the U.S. members, but I just found this buried on my computer. A quick google shows this is all over the internet, but not on ATS, the place where everyone is saying to everyone else 'know your rights!' So, a summary of what you should say to the police if you are stopped:

"I hereby invoke and refuse to waive all of the following rights and privileges afforded to me by the U.S. Constitution:

• I invoke and refuse to waive my Fourth Amendment right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures. I do not consent to any search or seizure of myself, my home, or of any property in my possession. Do not ask me about my ownership interest in any property. I do not consent to this contact with you. If I am not presently under arrest or under investigatory detention, please allow me to leave.

• I invoke and refuse to waive my Fifth Amendment right to remain silent. Do not ask me any questions.

• I invoke and refuse to waive my Sixth Amendment right to an attorney of my choice. Do not ask me any questions without my attorney present.

• I invoke and refuse to waive all privileges and rights pursuant to the case Miranda v. Arizona. Do not ask me any questions or make any comment to me about this decision.

• Any statement I make, or alleged consent I give, in response to your questions is hereby made under protest and under duress and in submission to your claim of lawful authority to force me to provide you with information."

Some cops are nice, others not. Be polite, no matter what, and provide identification. Do not resist arrest; they are going to get those cuffs on you no matter what, and any struggle on your part is only going to make things a whole lot worse further on. Cops love to teach smartasses a lesson, so don't be a smartarse.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Unfortunately,

If they've got enough so-called evidence on you to even have a suspicion that you might be carrying something illegal, they can legally demand to search you, legally to the courts anyways. They call it "probable cause" and can use just about anything happening in the scenario as probable cause. For instance, being dressed in a bummy fashion can be probable cause, because they think you look like a suspicious type. It will likely pass in court. Driving erratically can be probable cause, because you look like you're trying to hide something. Appearing extra nervous can be probable cause for the same reason, even if you're just scared out of your daylights at the aggression being dealt out to you from the police officer(s). Best of all, any previous convictions, even if they happened 10 years, an entire decade ago, can be probable cause to search you, because you did it once before.

For instance, conviction once for possession of marijuana, so as long as marijuana is illegal in your state, if you get pulled over for speeding, and they run your record and see that, they can use it as probable cause to search you and your entire vehicle, even call in K9 dogs if theyd like.

I know these things from experience. Maybe different states have different types of cops, but Virginia's sure do suck.

[edit on 2/12/2009 by runetang]

Until you're thrown into the situation and have your rights openly violated by a number of police officers, it feels nice to "know what to say" and "know what to do", but in the end .. if they want you, they're going to do WHATEVER THEY WANT and get away with it 99% of the time, and since its been done to me before, I know that they are capable of doing it to anyone for any reason, that is, violating your rights. But when the police report is read in court by the Judge it'll seem like everything you're claiming happened was a lie, especially if more than one cop was doing it to you and each one involved claims to be innocent. If it is an officer of any kind of high rank, you're totally screwed, this happened to me with a Seargent. He made up outright lies in court on the police report, they believed him. So yeah ... its nice to think that kinda stuff until your reality is shattered by the police state.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Keep a digital recorder in your car and turn it on before they get to your window. It's totally legal to record yourself, and if you just "happen" to get them on tape as well.....well that's just an added bonus huh?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Download the Mark Thomas Stop and Search Card.

www.guardian.co.uk...

from there. Might not apply to US residents, but it may come in useful in the UK.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

Yes, in the USA, we need high-tech, expensive sound and imaging recorder equipment jury rigged into our cars (which costs even more for "custom work"), all just to catch them in the act.

Then you gotta hire an expensive lawyer and jump through HOOPS just to get the tape submitted as evidence!! Lol. But yes, as Americans, this is what we are left with as a final option.

This can be good if you are wealthy, particularly the video cameras which I've seen in action before, they will get you off of erroneous charges. If you have them, it is best to inform the police officer kindly that there are built in cameras recording to ensure protection of your rights, but don't show him exactly where they are, and if he demands that you turn them off, say "I can't turn them off, they are built for security and cant be turned off." Thats how to get the footage, otherwise they'll just force you to turn it off if you show them where it is they might turn it off themself.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Conversely, a sampling of things you should NOT say to an officer if stopped:

1. "I pay your salary, you work for me!"
2. anything with expletives in it.
3. anything with words like "pig", "bacon", or "narc" in it.
4. "Whew, just a speeding ticket. I thought for a minute you'd heard the banging and screaming in my trunk and was stopping me to check that out."

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Just in case any of you forgot, the Patriot Act given to us by our lovely former administration, gives law enforcement the wide open door to not have to have ANY reasonable suspicion to detain you or search you.

Your best bet is to simply obey the laws, not give them any lip if you did run a red light or speed or cut off someone in traffic. Simply cooperate, keep the ego and pride and chip on the shoulder at home, and take your ticket and be on about your merry way.

In other words, dont give them the reason to have reason to knock your butt onto the floor.

Pretty simple.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hey all I am going to expand on a bunch of information like this in a thread im currently writing - but in the mean time heres a tid-bit of knowledge.

Everything the government does is governed by Statutes, you'll notice theres statutes to cover everything, a statute (A legislated rule, given the force of law) is cleverly hidden under the name ACT... For example, INCOME TAX ACT, MOTOR VEHICLE ACT, those are all statutes.

When you are pulled over, you are given a VIOLATION TICKET, no matter how hard you look you will NEVER find a Violation Ticket Act. WHY? Because it does not exist, what a violation ticket truly is is a Bill of Exchange.

www.canlii.org...

Section 16(1) States: A bill of exchange is an unconditional order in writing, addressed by one person to another, signed by the person giving it, requiring the person to whom its addressed, to pay on demand or at a fixed or future determinable time, a sum certain in money to or to the order of bearer.

Yes, I have that memorized as well as other important sections of that act including but not limited to, 10, 84,98, 35(2) etc

To lay it out for you, the ticket is the unconditional order in writing, the cops addresses it to you on behalf of (insert, state, province, crown etc), he signs it, it requires the person to whom its addressed (you) to pay up on demand, at a given or determinable time, some cash to or to the order of bearer.

So now we know what were dealing with, now its important to understand how to deal with these instruments.

Have you ever noticed how even after you pay your ticket you still have a conviction on your record?? Thats because no matter what, you lose, you are in dishonor. Thats what the whole legal "game" is about, is being in honor or dishonor.

The clever trick that cops use EVERYDAY to force you into dishonor, heres your options when you get a ticket:

1. Sign it, if you sign the ticket and the cop RETAINS THE ORIGINAL (as per usual) you have now DISHONORED the ticket, and automatically lose in court. Section 35. (2) The mere signature of the drawee written on the bill without additional words is a sufficient acceptance. Combine that with section 98. In point of form, the return of a dishonored bill to the drawer or endorser is a sufficient notice of dishonor, and a written notice need not be signed.

Explaination: The cop PRESENTS the ticket to you, notice he NEVER hands you his entire pad, merely a pen while he holds the ticket pad, forcing you to sign the ticket. YOU ARE DISHONORING THAT BILL, then he keeps the original and gives you the copy FORCING YOU INTO DISHONOR. Technically they are breaking law, because whether they know it or not, they are FORCING you to break the law.

2. Say, get #ed, im not signing that ticket. The cop then flips the ticket over, writes "Given the opportunity to sign". You have now DISHONORED YOUR BILL. AKA loser in court.

3. Dispute the ticket. At this point, you've already signed the ticket and dishonored it, now your creating a dispute which is basically a CONFLICT between you and another party, which is not favorable in the eyes of the 'law'. You are in dishonor, you lose.

4. (THE OPTION NOT WRITTEN ON THE REVERSE OF THE BILL!) Conditionally Accept. When you are presented with a bill it is YOUR RIGHT, to take the original of that bill NOT A COPY.

The cop will NOT want to give you the original, so its wise to make some preperation in advance of taking it. When he stands at your window with the ticket, ask him again clearly "ARE YOU GIVING ME A TICKET?" He will no doubt say, yes. So what part of that implies that your getting a copy? None of it! Then place your hands out in front of you, he must then put the entire pad into your hands, and UNTIL HE LETS GO OF THE PAD the bill has NOT been DULY presented, and he likely knows this fact.

So as soon as he lets that into your hands you tell him that you recognize this as a bill of exchange, and under Section 10 of the BEA you do not wish to dishonor the bill, and this is also a good time to site other sections of the act as well, section 84, 35(2) etc.

Snap the original and give him his copy. If you get to this point, and the officer raises objection that means HE DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THE BILL OF EXCHANGE ACT! As a person ENFORCING the act, if he does not understand it, he is grossly negligent and thats a form of fraud.

Educating the officer of this fact will help your case, but you MUST BE POLITE AND EASY GOING THROUGH THE ENTIRE STOP! Do not have an attitude or be a dick, remember your goal is to snipe that ticket, and not have to pay it. Also, as someone else stated KEEP A VIDEO CAMERA WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES, have this recording, if the cop says thats illegal, you turn the camera so its not facing him and remind him that you have the right to record any conversation that you are a part of.

If the cop for whatever reason WILL NOT let you keep the original, sign the ticket under "Protest and duress", write that blatently over the signature area and sign it.

55. (2) In particular, the title of a person who negotiates a bill is defective within the meaning of this Act when he obtained the bill, or the acceptance thereof, by fraud, duress or force and fear, or other unlawful means, or for an illegal consideration, or when he negotiates it in breach of faith, or under such circumstances as amount to a fraud.

If they force you to sign (DISHONOR THE BILL), the bill is nullified, and such circumstances amount as FRAUD. This is what I meant earlier, if the cop does not understand the instrument he is presenting, and because of that lack of knowledge is FORCING you into dishonoring the bill and really "breaking the law" he is liable for gross negligence.

If you get the original of the ticket, you go to a Notary get them to send it off for you the OFFICER IS NOW LIABLE! He is the ONLY person who has signed the ticket, and thus the ONLY person liable for its amount.

35. (2) The mere signature of the drawee written on the bill without additional words is a sufficient acceptance.

Meaning, sign it, your liable. The cop is liable.

Knowing your rights is different from reading a thread and firing off your mouth like a sub-machine gun. Before using this method to beat EVERY ticket you'll ever get, I suggest memorizing every applicable section of the act, as well as taking all other precautions.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Information derived in part from www.freedomdomain.com...

As well as other information taught by Robert Menard. Check out his videos, Bursting bubbles of government deception, Magnificent deception etc. All available on google video.

Good luck all!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I would have liked to read what Shadow Clown said. For me, I would say to the cops, "F*** YOU!"

[edit on 12-2-2009 by TheSingularity]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Just in case any of you forgot, the Patriot Act given to us by our lovely former administration, gives law enforcement the wide open door to not have to have ANY reasonable suspicion to detain you or search you.

Really? I've read the Patriot Act. Many times. Can you tell me which section you are referring to?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Conversely, a sampling of things you should NOT say to an officer if stopped:

1. "I pay your salary, you work for me!"
2. anything with expletives in it.
3. anything with words like "pig", "bacon", or "narc" in it.
4. "Whew, just a speeding ticket. I thought for a minute you'd heard the banging and screaming in my trunk and was stopping me to check that out."

I have actually heard number four before

Secure

[edit on 27-1-2010 by xXxtremelySecure]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

You forgot one. Or at least another tidbit of info:

"If the cops have to chase you, they're bringing an ass-whipping with them!"

Thank you, Chris Rock.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by jerico65]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Some good advice, some bad advice. This from a Freeman, one who has had many altercations with police, sheriff's deputies, and state cops. First thing to do, obviously, is to file with the State Clerk a "Notice of Understanding and Intent And Claim of Right."
Here is one
While you are thinking about doing this, EDUCATE YOURSELF. Ignorance of the law is never, ever an excuse. The internet is an excellent source for the study of Constitutional and Common Law principles. Friend, if you plan to walk free as I do, you had better know your law. Police do not know the law, they in fact enforce the law. And when I say "law," I really mean "Statute."

–noun
1. Law.
a. an enactment made by a legislature and expressed in a formal document.
b. the document in which such an enactment is expressed.
2. International Law. an instrument annexed or subsidiary to an international agreement, as a treaty.
3. a permanent rule established by an organization, corporation, etc., to govern its internal affairs.

dictionary.reference.com...

They call it "law" but a statue is really a rule, a rule made by the "company," or "corporation," known as the UNITED STATES. So, let us recap, what the police enforce is a company rule. True law is Biblical Law, Constitutional Law, Magna Carta Law.
Now, further, a police officer, or prosecutor, or judge, all of these are "Public Servants."
Now we all know what a servant is, don't we? In California they have it on the cars, "To Protect and Serve." So, if they are the servants, then who are you, friend?
"Master." They work for you, not the other way around. Your tax dollars pay for:
police salary
police uniforms, guns ammunition
police cars, radios, radar units
police equipment of any kind, modern police are as well equipped as a military unit
police helicopters
gasoline, motor oil, repairs to police vehicles.

All paid for by YOU the American Taxpayer. Beginning to get the picture?

As soon as your notice of understanding is filed, and, be creative, I added to mine that if anyone orders me to do anything at all, I can then bill that person, and use the power of the Notary to force payment, even from a sitting judge.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.commonlawvenue.net...

After you have taken these steps, go in person to your local police dept, and sheriff's office, and provide them with a copy, and put them on notice. My local cops know that if they approach me with a hand on a firearm, they are subject to being fired upon. that if they stop my vehicle for any non Constitutional reason, that the occupants are heavily armed and know the law much better than any cop does, and, that any traffic ticket will be fought tooth and nail, and never paid. I would rather sit in jail at the county's expense before I give then a dime. This does not give you the right to speed, or drive recklessly, or drive drunk...... you must obey the Constitution!
Harm no one.

Then, walk the walk, and talk the talk.

BTW. Yes, I have been a jail, more than a few times. Yes, I have a big mouth and am not afraid to use it. Yes, I have caused a sitting Circuit court judge to flee the courtroom, leaving everyone stunned. The local police treat me with ultimate respect, and yes, they get it back from me. It is just a matter of making an intelligent, thoroughly researched decision to be FREE.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
They work for you, not the other way around. Your tax dollars pay for:
police salary
police uniforms, guns ammunition
police cars, radios, radar units
police equipment of any kind, modern police are as well equipped as a military unit
police helicopters
gasoline, motor oil, repairs to police vehicles.

All paid for by YOU the American Taxpayer. Beginning to get the picture?

Add, "I pay your salary!!" as a statement you don't want to use to a cop.

People seem to forget that the police are also taxpayers; in a way, they are paying their own salary.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Add, "I pay your salary!!" as a statement you don't want to use to a cop.

People seem to forget that the police are also taxpayers; in a way, they are paying their own salary.

Whenever someone says I pay your salary I say, "I pay taxes too, I guess that makes me self employed."

Secure

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
OR....check this out...

you stop breaking the law and thus all of this is not needed. It's a cool technique that allows you to get off scott free because...well you ARE innocent

Just my thoughts

But then I am sure many will tel me that they have all been stopped illegally.

-Kyo

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
But then I am sure many will tel me that they have all been stopped illegally.

Of course they will say that. Every one will say they were jacked up by the cops for no reason and had to bitch-slap the officer to put him in his place.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I have found that the truth will allow one to walk through the valley in the shadows of death..

Cop at window of my 1968 Volkwagen Microbus in Hollywood: Why did you run that stop sign?
Me: Do you want me to tell you G-ds truth, officer?
Cop: Go ahead, try me.
Me: Because I did not see you had staked out that intersection.
Cop: LOL
Cop: You have any marjiuana in here?
Me: Oh man, you shouldah stopped me last week, It was great stuff but sorry, you are out of luck today....
Cop: Laughing now Okay, be more careful in the future (Grinning) steps back and waves me on..
(this was from more than a few years ago)

-------------------

This one from recently... was driving in tennesse with my kid in the fornt of the truck, we had been having an animated conversation, I was waving my arms and hands in the air..

Older cop pulls me over:

Cop: Do you know how fast you were driving?
Me: sorry officer, no idea...
Cop: Is there any reason you did not see me flash my lights at you?
Me: I was talking to my kid. We were having a heart to heart, was trying to explain some things to him about life...
Cop: ..watch your speed son, you have out of state plates..and welcome to Tennesse, Have a nice day.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by seataka]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join