It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green levitating elephants once ruled this planet..!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Supposed to be statues of elephants in South America? Elephant bones in North America? Frozen remains in Siberia? In Africa, India, Asia they still exist...

Perhaps there might be some truth to this farse after-all...

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
Supposed to be statues of elephants in South America? Elephant bones in North America? Frozen remains in Siberia? In Africa, India, Asia they still exist...
Perhaps there might be some truth to this farse after-all...

True, but there has yet to be found proof that elephants can fly as all we have to go on is the current living elephants that can not fly.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
We've heard stories of seeing pink elephants when drinking, or have heard the phrase "when elephants fly"... Maybe there is some truth to that phrase...

Just suppose, many thousands of years ago, flying elephants did rule the world. There was an event, something that made the elephants weaker, or caught them off guard... the human slaves rose up, and knowing that the wings held the power, clipped them.

We have tales of flying horses, flying fish... even the movie Dumbo. The Mayans had a flying snake. The East Indians, I believe, had a god with an elephant's head. Surely, there must have been something to initiate these tales.

Any story, fiction or not, will have followers. Some of them will have support or proof to help them in their cause. Look at Agent47's thread on Robocop...

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
We have a good idea about how long this planet has been around. Give or take like 500 thousand years (small in comparison to the age of some stars in the universe). We also have a good idea give or take the same amount of time, when life first started appearing on this planet. It was rather quick to start. We also have a good idea of how long it took for us to get where we are now (intelligent). Which took a rather long time all things considered.

Given the size of the universe, and the fact that this is not the only star with planets around it (the sun), we can conclude that there are other planets with at least similar conditions that could sustain life that is like ours. This is just a likely scenerio. Now, since life appeared so quickly on this planet, our logic leads us to believe that planets that have similar situations to ours are likely to produce life, in a short amount of time. On the other hand, given the amount of time it took us to reach this level of intelligence, we can conclude that it is far more rare to become "intelligent".

This theory came from Carl Sagan in his book, "Cosmos". He gives more supporting facts and information behind it. And I didn't quote that word for word, I just took it from my memory.

Now, considering that there are at least 9 planets (maybe 8 + 1 asteroid) around our sun, and we know that there are billions of stars in just this galaxy, and billions of galaxies in just this galaxy cluster, and billions of galaxy clusters, my opinion is that it is highly unlikely that there is not life in the universe aside from earth. I think that it is also highly unlikly that there is not intelligent life in this universe aside from us. Though it may be far more rare. This is opinion, yes, but it is based in good logic I think.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
humm......ok, for the sake of this.....argument, lets consider this.

You haven't shown any evidence to support your argument about the possibility of green elephants flying in the past. The three pictures the other member gave can clearly be seen as "walking elephants" as for the color of the elephants.... It is known that there are many figurines made of jade and jade is a semiprecious "green" gemstone.

Most of the jade figurines depict animals that "are alive in this time period" and we know that none of them is green. There are no green elephants that exist today are there?

Futhermore, are there any ancient writings that talk about "flying green elephants" in the past?

I did a search....for the sake of argument.... and couldn't find any evidence of the ancients saying there were "ancient flying green elephants." Futhermore, if you want to find any other source, like a public library, I suggest the person that came up with this...argument spends his/her time looking for evidence and then post the findings.

Now, lets see if there is any evidence that there were ancient flying aircraft, or possible life that has visited us in the past.

Ok, lets use the same train of thought that I used for the "green flying elephant" argument.

Is there evidence that shows flying aircraft in the past, pictures and such?

[img]http://www.etcontact.net/Other/MedievalArt/degelder[1].jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.etcontact.net/images2/picanc05[1].jpg[/img]

You can find information on the time these paintings were done, the pictures were also taken from.

www.etcontact.net...

Any references in the past of possible flight travel done by the ancients?

"One time while King Citaketu was traveling in outer space on a brilliantly effulgent airplane given to him by Lord Vishnu, he saw Lord Siva..." "The arrows released by Lord Siva appeared like fiery beams emanating from the sun globe and covered the three residential airplanes, which could then no longer be seen."

Srimad Bhagasvatam, Sixth Canto, Part 3"

""The airplane occupied by Salva was very mysterious. It was so extraordinary that sometimes many airplanes would appear to be in the sky, and sometimes there were apparently none. Sometimes the plane was visible and sometimes not visible, and the warriors of the Yadu dynasty were puzzled about the whereabouts of the peculiar airplane. Sometimes they would see the airplane on the ground, sometimes flying in the sky, sometimes resting on the peak of a hill and sometimes floating on the water. The wonderful airplane flew in the sky like a whirling firebrand - it was not steady even for a moment."

Bhaktivedanta, Swami Prabhupada, Krsna"

Excerpts taken from.
ufos.about.com...

The Vedic scriptures were not originally written down, their information was transferred by word of mouth from generation to generation.

"According to most European scholars, Aryans from Central Asia invaded the Indus Valley Civilization of northwest India during the second millenium BCE and composed the Vedas as they settled along the banks of the Sindhu, Ganga, Yamuna, Brahmaputra, and Sarasvati and mingled with preexisting Dravidian cultures between 1500 and 1000 BCE. Raval pointed out, however, that many Indian scholars date the origins of the Vedas thousands of years earlier. Some believe the Aryan migrations began much earlier, while others believe the Aryans composed the Vedas well before the migrations of the second millenium BCE."

Excerpt taken from.
www.asiaxpress.com...

There are more references and links that can be found, but do we have any modern sightings of these aircraft? Or reports from military personnel and other credible eyewitnesses that have seen these mysterious aircraft?

The anwser is yes, there are many.

Contrary to the belief of many people, whom have not even really tried to research this subject, the mysterious aircraft that are seen today in the skies and even in the 50s up to the present time, is nothing new. This phenomenon has been with humankind for millenia.

This site seems to be interesting and shows a lot of pictures and other related info on modern day ufos and ancient ufos also.

www.etcontact.net...

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The elephants were used as an example! He's showing cause/effect and the idiocies that can spring from it.

*By the way, there's also another elephant looking go in Call of Cthulhu role-playing. Coincidence?*

Sheesh.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Perhaps you didn't even take the hint. I think you missed the sarcasm of my own post.

The whole point of my own post was that in order for you to make such a claim, you have to bring forth some evidence.
I know he probably doesn't believe, I hope, in the theory of "green flying elephants ruling the Earth", but still.

You cannot compare a "wild, uncorroborated claim" with the theory that we seemed to have been visited in the past.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I just try to inject a bit of science and critical thinking into ATS myself.

Some of the claims and random beliefs here are beyond argument. Logical arguments only matter if everyone involved is logical. A lot of people who post to ATS are NOT logical so its doesn't serve much purpose.

I've found that if someone says "Could past evidence and description of flying disk be related to many similar modern UFOs" you can have a constructive conversation about it. If they say "Past evidence of flyinf disk WERE UFOs (as in aliens)." then no matter what you say it won't effect them. They may respond to you, but it will be in an illogical manner and not spawn any useful conversation.

To many people logic strings are a common way of thought. For example the million dollars. I've seen a dollar. I know there are millions of them. therefore you could have a million dollars.

Logic strings do not play a big role in a lot of the post on ATS. They start out with fact but often the string breaks at some point and picks up later.

For example... People have seen unidentified objects in the sky that looked like disk. Life could exist elsewhere in the universe. (this is where the string breaks) The disk in the sky are aliens. ALiens would only come to earth for a certain reason. At this point people go into the possible reasons and completely ignore the jump in logic. At one point there was a complete frabrication with no logical path from one thing to the next.

The main problem is some people confuse everyday accepted facts with border of knowledge facts. When you are talking about most topic on ATS or cutting edge science, its all new and asumptions can be dangerous. A dollar bill and an alien lifeform are on drastic opposite ends of "truth". One is known to millions of people and seen daily, the other is completely unknown to most (all) people. So when you start jumping to conclusion about millions of dollar versus alien motives, you are comparing logic that is based on drastically different things.

Some people will get it, some people won't. But you'll never find ATS free of "loony" claims. Its the nature of the site.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Yes, it is true that some people can make wild and uncoroborated claims. Still, these claims do not diminish the fact that ancient cultures "literally" explain that there were some aircraft which, at least, the ancient people of India seemed to be able to use, these had wings, tail etc, just like most modern aircraft. The VEdic scriptures also talk about other aircraft, which had no wings and seemed to have been in used only by the gods/godesses.

The Vedic scriptures also explain many other facts of science which we have only been able to demonstrate that they exist in recent times, but the ancient Indians knew this millenia ago. For example the knowledge of the atom, which has to be known to anyone that has the ability to build nuclear weapons.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I have the same logic Seapeople.

I see it like this, if life exists here, it exists on other planets in other solar systems and other galaxies. Look at our own planet, see the diversity of life forms, life conditions and environments ? So life is not limited to what we often think.

I mean the universe is "designed" to contain life, and life is all that counts, that's why stars and planets are formed, to support life..

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Quest, right on there...

That's why they should not state their posts in a "matter of fact way" but use "IMHO". I use it when I'm talking about something that I think, which may not always sound logical or believable to others. Furthermore, depending of the personal experiences of the different people here. Some things that may seem logical for them will be totally illogical for others.

If someone has had experiences with Alien beings for example and posted it here (eeteeteehee [where is he?] a few years ago) it will not sound logical to another member. Furthermore, the other member would have no idea if the one who had the experience is making it up or not. Member's have claimed to see UFO's and have claimed to have abductions, but at the moment, and especially due to the distance and anonymity, they have no means of offering definite proof to their experiences.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
I just try to inject a bit of science and critical thinking into ATS myself.

Some of the claims and random beliefs here are beyond argument. Logical arguments only matter if everyone involved is logical. A lot of people who post to ATS are NOT logical so its doesn't serve much purpose.

I've found that if someone says "Could past evidence and description of flying disk be related to many similar modern UFOs" you can have a constructive conversation about it. If they say "Past evidence of flyinf disk WERE UFOs (as in aliens)." then no matter what you say it won't effect them. They may respond to you, but it will be in an illogical manner and not spawn any useful conversation.

To many people logic strings are a common way of thought. For example the million dollars. I've seen a dollar. I know there are millions of them. therefore you could have a million dollars.

Logic strings do not play a big role in a lot of the post on ATS. They start out with fact but often the string breaks at some point and picks up later.

For example... People have seen unidentified objects in the sky that looked like disk. Life could exist elsewhere in the universe. (this is where the string breaks) The disk in the sky are aliens. ALiens would only come to earth for a certain reason. At this point people go into the possible reasons and completely ignore the jump in logic. At one point there was a complete frabrication with no logical path from one thing to the next.

The main problem is some people confuse everyday accepted facts with border of knowledge facts. When you are talking about most topic on ATS or cutting edge science, its all new and asumptions can be dangerous. A dollar bill and an alien lifeform are on drastic opposite ends of "truth". One is known to millions of people and seen daily, the other is completely unknown to most (all) people. So when you start jumping to conclusion about millions of dollar versus alien motives, you are comparing logic that is based on drastically different things.

Some people will get it, some people won't. But you'll never find ATS free of "loony" claims. Its the nature of the site.

*claps*

I appreciate posts like this, I really do. Thanks for being so real. It's nice to see people like you keep their head on straight and give straight answers.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
theorys are not fact! when will people learn?

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
theorys are not fact! when will people learn?
When Zorgon, King of the Norwegian aliens flies down in his glittery david bowie-esque ship and hands them a piece of paper that says,"The definition of Theory is: Abstract reasoning; speculation".

Even then they may just babble on about grey alien hybrid drones not having penises.

[Edited on 4-14-2004 by Preest]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Well I'm glad to see so many of you agreeing with the point I have tried to make, and thanks to those that like to play devil's advocate.

I would like to point out a couple of interesting observations I have noted since this thread was initiated.

Although the "green levitating elephants" was just something that popped into my head when giving the thread a Subject Title, it wasn't long before they turned into "Flying" elephants, I could have used the word "flying" myself but specifically chose "levitating" to suggest some kind to telekinetic ability. I thought it seemed more ludicrous aswell, as if flying elephants weren't.

My observation, though only a minor one, is that not everyone visiting the thread can really be bothered to read all the submissions, and if the subject had been a real debate on "levitating elephants" people arriving late to the topic would have been discussing "flying elephants", the subject matter would in turn move to the aerodynamics and weight to lift ratios rather than there telekinetic abilities. It's a bit like chinese whispers I suppose.

My other observation was how critical people can be when they don't get the point behind the topic. I guess that these are the same people who get their facts from reading the headlines on the tabloids?

Being academically challenged I tend to write based on my literal abilities, so would like to say thanks to those who have managed to elaborate and better describe my point of view.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Long time ago here I posted a similar thing to religious people ... Only I posted a lil more fact into it ... Everyone looses sock's. EVERYONE. I don't care who you are. At one point in your life, you've either lost one sock or will. Well ... I worship the very god who steal's those sock's. No one's ever seen him and no one ever will, but I know he exist's just for the simple fact that this god steal's sock's. Seeing as how everyone looses sock's is proof enough that this god exist's. No one can really argue against it becuase everyone know's they end up loosing sock's and can't explain what happened to them. Well ... The sock god is the answer my friend. When you least expect it, you get your socks stolen.

Now prove he doesn't exist. I dare you too ... And no, I don't want some 13 year old kid who has mommy do they're laundry bitch me out. Every adult here know's what I'm talking about. The kiddie's don't.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join