It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd like to know what Christians think of my lifestyle, debate NOT idiocy!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch

Ok, sorry, the WOW thing threw me, because, well i DID play it, and yes, I was an elf in the game, but that's just it, it was a game.
I suppose it's hard to explain how i feel ONE with nature. What it is, basically, simplified, I wake up, say good morning to my cats, look outside my window, see the trees, and feel like I can commune with them. Sounds crazy, doesnt it? They are a living, breathing creature. They are alive. And I can feel that, and feel a "part" of them. No, they dont TALK to me, but I can feel them. I feel them in my spirit, my soul...

Had to jump in and mention this, as it pertains to what you wrote there...

Deeply, I think in terms along those lines. Are you feeling alone? Then go outside and stand under a tree... Know that you are a part of it, and it is a part of you. It's simple to do..

Just realize that as you breathe out the carbon dioxide, the tree is breathing it in, and exhaling oxygen, that you breathe in. It is sharing its very breath with you, and you it.

As you stand under it, maybe on a hot afternoon with the sun shining down... you know that that tree is giving of itself for you, to be protected for a while from the rays of the sun, while you share breaths with one another. Feel that connection and open your heart and mind to it, and you'll be amazed at how much you expand.

Do you feel unimportant? Go stand outside at night sometime. Take a look at a star. Let's suppose that star is 1000 light years away. The light that comes to you in that very spot has traveled for 1000 years to reach you.

A star burns its life away, using its very essence to give off its heat and light. And, as science has taught us, light is simply photons, particles, atoms, correct?

When you stand out there and see that star, realize, recognize, that star gave of its life to send its light out, and those particles of light have traveled for 1000 years to reach you, standing there in that very spot. And you have now a part of that star in you. Think of it! Imagine it and open your mind to that thought, a star is now a part of you!

Still feel unimportant? Still feel like you're not a part of something grand?

Just a couple of thoughts to share with you, and whoever else wishes to take from them, since you spoke similarly.

Love to you, all of you, and don't ever feel like no one cares for you, reader of these words. I wrote them with you in mind

EDIT: Wanted to add that I'm not religious in any way... not wiccan, christian, buddhist, you name it. I feel that every religion has some truth, and some wrongs, and that overall, it's your spirituality which is important, not dogma. God, creator, source, allah, krishna, whatever you may hold as being the end all and be all importance, we are all children together, holding hands and walking on the same road.

And, just as all groups of children have, there are bullies, and there are those who like to pull hair and put frogs down the girl's shirts. There's one in every crowd. And, just as with all groups of children, you're going to get a lot of views on what life is all about.

Some children are bright and full of love and light and just as happy in the mud puddle making pies as they are sitting at home with a good book. Some children are frightened of the dark and see monsters at every turn.

The point is to realize that we ARE ALL CHILDREN, them, me and you, and all learning in the school of life.

The bell's ringing and we're late for class! Don't want to get detention for being late again!

[edit on 10-2-2009 by Jomina]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
in the bible belt, that I live in, we ARE persecuted. Even my children were ridiculed. There is no freedom of religion in the midwest. And we are looked upon as "satanists".

I agree with this statement completely. When I was in school (East Texas) the English teacher found out that I practiced Paganism, and she had every book in the library reviewed for "satanic content". When found they were immediately removed. My parents were contacted, and a big ordeal ensued.

It would be interesting to take notes and compare the responses to various parts of the country.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I think this bible verse is apropos:

Romans 1:21-25 (emphasis mine)
21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I am new here and I am a Christian living in the South. I thought this would be a good topic to jump in on...lol

First, I beleive in religious freedom for everyone.....I have been friends with pagans and we respected each others beliefs- no problem.

Second, I beleive in the supernatural. I know that there are "witches" or what ever that use majik..that is in the Bible too.

Many Christians who say they are Christians are not and those are the ones who tend to do the name calling on other faiths. Personally I dislike judgmental people of any faith.

I chose to follow this faith and it is what I beleive. I grew up in an atheistic house and explored many "spiritualities".

Do I agree with your beliefs???? no..lol but I do beleive that they are valid and you have the right to practice them with out being criticized.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Why worry about anyone's life?

I'll focus and care for my own, thankyouverymuch

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Justamomma, I'm more concerned with your belief system than that of Yummy's. To justamomma... I'm not sure what bible you read but if you are disregarding the entire New Testament, then how do you atone for your sin? Are you offering up blood sacrifices?

Now for Yummy...you seem like a very nice person who might be looking to just believe the right thing. You seem to have a great personailty and are willing to listen to what others have to say and have an open mind. Here's my take...Religion is DANGEROUS in ANY form! Jesus was tortured and murdered because the religious fanatics know as the Pharisees were so blind with their religion, they couldn't see the Christ (who was prophicied about in THEIR Bible) standing right in front of their eyes!

He (Christ) came to show us the example of how to live and how to treat others. He didn't hate people who sinned, he hates the sin. Here's the thing with Not having a relationship with God/Christ....

Jesus said that HE was the only way to the Father. All he wants is for you to trust in him for your eternal life. Satan/the devil knows that his time is very short right now and he has deceived so many with all these other belief systems. Even all this U.F.O./ alien stuff is meant to distract people from the truth. All he (satan) has to do is cause you to place your trust in something other than God/Christ...and he's done his job.

God gives us a choice to believe in him or not, I hope you will not follow the decieved. Many will and have said that Christians are brainwashed! But I'll tell you...I'd rather place my faith and trust in Christ and when I die, find out it was all a lie, than to NOT believe in Him and find out that he is indeed real after all!

-Quin

[edit on 10-2-2009 by mytquin]

[edit on 10-2-2009 by mytquin]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

im pretty sure the Muslims Jews and Hindus would criticize your chosen religion.

the problem doesn't lie with the religion but the people that practice it. so the question you need to ask is why are so many mid western Americans so intolerant of your beliefs (if as you say they are, im not from there so i wouldnt know im just going by what you said).

personally i think its a lack of education or understanding, or both.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I agree with many of the posters before me. Spirituality is a deeply personal affair and you shouldn't worry about what others think of your opinion.

If you're wondering why you're being persecuted it's because of fear. People are afraid of what they don't know, that's human nature. People do not understand where you are coming from and do not wish to learn out of FEAR that their God will judge them for exploring; worse yet, their religious community may judge them.

The major flaw in most deity-oriented religions is that when you live in fear of being judged in an afterlife you are less willing to experience other views and more apt to judge a situation to see if it's "good" or "evil". There are some religious folk (you'll find many of these on ATS) who aren't living in fear because they understand what religion is supposed to be (a tool) and don't follow it blindly as many do. I give a big
to these folk.

In the end I see myself as a part of Creation. I am a part of the balance just as we all are. Religious beliefs are something to occupy time and to serve yourself, neither of which is negative. If we die and we move on to an afterlife that is glorious then this part is just a waiting game and everything we do is a time occupier and a service to self.

I always thought it would be really neat to put together a small brochure outlining some of the more prominent belief systems as well as some of the less-known ones. I find people are more willing to explore other beliefs if you aren't trying to ram something into their hearts or question their beliefs. To simply be presented with some short form notes on each system would allow people to get a basis for each and hopefully see them as less of a threat and more as an alternative.
Look at me rambling on tangents...

Anyway I just thought I'd throw in my contribution as a believer of neither belief system and a respecter of all spirits.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join