It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taxes and the Bush Administration

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I have much to add to the topic of taxes and little time to explain. I don't always try to be correct as much as to add different ideas to the discussion.

A tax cut that results in a budget deficit is not a tax cut for the Federal government. The Federal government can just get the Federal Reserve to print money to purchase the bonds needed to fund the deficit. This results in the value of the dollar dropping and prices rising. This is the Bush economic plan so Bush didn't lower taxes at all. Bush just switched the taxation to a form that most people won't recognize as a tax. This is a stealth tax known as inflation. It hits everyone holding dollars and dollar debts. It hits the poor hardest because they don't have the resources or knowledge to hedge against this. They just end up paying more for food, energy, insurance, health care and most everything. Some of the rich are stupid and never notice the value of their dollar holdings going down. Their cost of living is small relative to their wealth so they don't feel the impact of higher prices. The wealthy with good financial advisors know what is going on and can hedge against the value of the dollar dropping.

I can't believe people accept the idea of an income tax in a democracy. Being forced to submit an annual report on your activities is the ultimate invasion of privacy. We should get rid of the income tax as soon as possible. The wealthy really laugh at the income tax but they pretend to hate it. The wealthy don't need income so it's just a big joke to them. Any one think Bill Gates worries about how much income tax he pays?

Here are my feeble solutions,

1) The size of the Federal government has to be reduced.
2) The Social Security/Medicare system has to be completely separated from rest of the budget. Also it should be reformed to reduce it's size. Make it more of a safety net than a mandatory pension plan.
3) Fund what's left of the government with corporate income taxes, import taxes to regulate trade, and tax on oil to promote alternative energy.

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by heatratio]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by heatratio

I can't believe people accept the idea of an income tax in a democracy. Being forced to submit an annual report on your activities is the ultimate invasion of privacy. We should get rid of the income tax as soon as possible. The wealthy really laugh at the income tax but they pretend to hate it. The wealthy don't need income so it's just a big joke to them. Any one think Bill Gates worries about how much income tax he pays?

Here are my feeble solutions,

1) The size of the Federal government has to be reduced.
2) The Social Security/Medicare system has to be completely separated from rest of the budget. Also it should be reformed to reduce it's size. Make it more of a safety net than a mandatory pension plan.
3) Fund what's left of the government with corporate income taxes, import taxes to regulate trade, and tax on oil to promote alternative energy.

Hey, I like the way you think. Actually, unfair taxes is the very reason that we formed the USA and I agree 100% that its a travesty to accept the idea of an income tax since it was never intended by the constitution. It has turned the idea of making our government accountable to us 180 degrees and its wrong. Import taxes are all that has ever really been legal according to our constitution. What the people in DC, the CFR, and the Federal Reserve have pulled is nothing less than the biggest scam in history and are thus nothing more that common everyday criminal con-men/women.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
Let me guess, you live in the State of N.Y. which I choose to leave at the spry age of 18 because I could see the writing on the wall as early as 1975. What a depressing place that has turned out to be I can't stand to be there any more than 3 days at a time now. I'd rather live under a bridge than return.

Cull the weak is our state motto - don't you remember?
I'm not suprised you couldn't cut it in NY - most Neo Cons can't!

But the hunting parties for them are a blast!

<< 1   >>

join