It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran. Perceptions and realities. The truth...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Good for you, Phoenix.

Our problem with Iran is not the people, but the hard line Islamic leadership.

I'm American. They stormed our embassy, kept our people prisoner, funded Hamas which attacked US interests world-wide, they've threatened the US and Israel with suicide bombers.

Morocco is and never has been a problem with anyone.

Iran is a problem to even most of the Arab nations. Iran's government.

Likewise, the Japanese and German people were not our enemies in the last century. But their leadership made them so, and cost their own nations dearly.

Something the Iranian people may wish to consider.

Once again I think it is time to re-educate a few.

1953 Iranian coup d'état saw the overthrow of the democratically-elected government of Prime Minister Mohammed Mosaddeq from power by British and United States intelligence operatives working together with Iranian agents and elements of the Iranian army

On November 4, 1979, Iranian "student" militants seized U.S. Embassy in Tehran and took the embassy personnel hostage. They demanded that U.S. return deposed Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi.

Also if memory serves me correct, the entire basement was a huge nest of US CIA agents.

Iran Air Flight 655 was a civilian airliner shot down by US missiles on Sunday 3 July 1988, over the Strait of Hormuz,

I would love to see a source that shows Hamas attacking US interests world-wide, unless you call Israel US interests and they somehow expanded world-wide.

now could you please point out to me where the Iranian goverment has attacked another country.
The leader may appear to have a few screws loose according to the media calling for the return of the 12th aman, but you have US presidents attending church which are awaiting the return of Jesus.

Something the American people may wish to consider.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Most people know that most muslims do not support terrorism, I have already given you some proof, most people do not need proof for something so obvious. People who know muslims know this as fact, not one muslim I know supports terrorism.

Ironic reading this right now. I was just looking at the local news online before checking in here, I came across an interesting story.

Muzzammil Hassan founded Bridges TV in 2004 broadcasting out of New York, to counter anti-Islam stereotypes. His programming was designed to show Americans that Muslims are not all violent as some stereotype them, but in fact peace loving.

Hassan was having problems with his wife Aasiya who last week had a court order prevent him from coming near the family home.

This weekend she was found beheaded in the television studio. Hassan has confessed to Buffalo police.

www.nypost.com...

No further comment.

Mike F

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Right nice try....

The USA has one of the highest murder rates in the world.
While Yemen, Oman, Syria, Bangladesh, saudi arabia etc has one of the lowest in the world!

So stop being a hypocrite.

I still stand by what I said, I KNOW what I say to be truth, I probably know more muslims than you will ever know. You can think whatever you want, because I give up..

[edit on 16-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

While Yemen, Oman, Syria, Bangladesh, saudi arabia etc has one of the lowest in the world!

I still stand by what I said, I KNOW what I say to be truth, I probably know more muslims than you will ever know. You can think whatever you want, because I give up..

Do you have the numbers for how many people disappear in these countries?

There is a vast difference between the number of crimes committed in a country and the number actually reported and documented.

You'd be surprised at the number of Muslims I interface with. Most of them either visitors or recently immigrated to Canada where I live.

As for you saying the truth - well I've never met a single person who does not think they know and say the truth.

I give up too...

MF

[edit on 16-2-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Your line of argument is wrong.
Phoenix was talking about "supporting" "not supporting" terrorism and you talked about entirely different thing.
Disappearing of peoples etc. is because of the anti-democratic state of the country, not because it is an islamic country.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by deccal

Yes I'm getting pretty confused here with these so called debates. lol.

And it's impossible to debate when someone asks questions about things I have already shown, meaning they are not even reading what your saying, e.g asking to see muslims protesting, yet I have already shown them that fact. It's just a waste of time with some of these guys.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

Do you have the numbers for how many people disappear in these countries?

There is a vast difference between the number of crimes committed in a country and the number actually reported and documented.

You'd be surprised at the number of Muslims I interface with. Most of them either visitors or recently immigrated to Canada where I live.

As for you saying the truth - well I've never met a single person who does not think they know and say the truth.

I give up too...

MF

LOL.. You know how many people in the US mysteriously disappeared or die in a small plane crash? IDIOT!

The DC MADAM who mysteriously killed herself just before she was suppose to show up in court to testify.

The dozen or so missing biochemist/scientist who died in car accidents after the Anthrax attack?

Or, how about the 4 democrats who were against the USA Patriot act who happened to receive the letters laced with anthrax?

How about the recent plane crash? You know who died in that one? It's the man who was responsible for rigging the 2000 and 2004 election.
Michael Connell, Rove's IT Consultant, Dies In Plane Crash

Dr. Nasser Talebzadeh Ordoubadi, who changed his name to Noah Mckay after a jail term, has reportedly died a suspicious death in the US.

There are thousands more if you search hard enough.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Exactly, Saudi Arabia has one of the lowest rape rates in the world. But how many women do you think report their rapes? Ever since the last one was stoned to death for her rape, I don't think too many.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Founding

Exactly, Saudi Arabia has one of the lowest rape rates in the world. But how many women do you think report their rapes? Ever since the last one was stoned to death for her rape, I don't think too many.

I smell bad intentions here.
Read above. Read all posts.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by deccal

Please elaborate.

No personal malice here, but strong disagreement.

(fill in because they hate one sentence messages)

MF

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reg.the recent planecrash.
there was another victim the papers dont mention: Beverly Eckert, the "9/11 widow". She was one of the leaders of "9/11 Truthers" movement.
9/11 Truthers
Just few days before the crash she met with Obama
meeting
That was the first time ,"9/11 Truther" met with President...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

Please elaborate.

No personal malice here, but strong disagreement.

(fill in because they hate one sentence messages)

MF

Because this thread is not hate thread agains Islam. It is about misperception of some people who think Iran is absolut Evil.
Little bit critical thinking please. Only a little bit is enough.
AND PLEASE: Before you answer, first read all the posts please. As I said, at least a minimum critical thinking and fairness.
Thanks for your patience.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by deccal]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Because this thread is not hate thread agains Islam. It is about misperception of some people who think Iran is absolut Evil.
Little bit critical thinking please. Only a little bit is enough.
AND PLEASE: Before you answer, first read all the posts please. As I said, at least a minimum critical thinking and fairness.
Thanks for your patience.

There has been no attempt to characterize Islam or Iran as Evil, at least not from me.

I think anyone can avoid the reality that many, maybe most Muslims live in places where the leadership drives agendas that have negative ramifications for all.

Iranians friends and I agree that the country is not well served by the inflammatory policies being generated. Millions in Iran are suffering severe economic hardship with no option to change their government with something more representative.

Mike F

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

My post was not directly to you too..We were just witnessing an attempt to turn this thread to rape statistics of Islam countries and I wanted to prevent it. Thanks for your reasonable answer.
You are mostly right in your post, about the condition in Iran etc.
But all countries have actually an agenda, most of all U.S and Isreal, and they even concrete their agenda. First of all we have to expose their agenda because it hurts many people..concretly killing, destroying.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by deccal]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join