It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops In Black Helicopters Invade New Orleans, Drop Bombs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Agreed- the title makes it seem like New Orleans is under attack...

I don't understand the significance of New Orleans and this training exercise...Whats even more frightening is why not perform them on some random airforce base? Why in New Orleans out in public essentially?

and of course...WHY do we need these exercises in the first place? Whats goin' on that we need to do these kinds of tests?

Strange...This is unnecessary on US soil...frankly, scary.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
oh my god. dont be alarmed its just a MILITARY training exercise on a U.S city!!!! "they will be doing low approches on buildings and landing on them" if special forces want to train they have thousands of bases around the world. this is riddiculous

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
These kind of training exercises are going on all over the USA quite a bit. In my opinion it is fear mongering.The ones that control everything know something big is on the horizon. They want to keep us under control. So what do they do, they have one of these black ops training things go on in a populated area so a civilian can witness it and alert the masses via the internet.(which is what anyone would do!) They know that anyone who witnesses this or knows about this would never try to stand up against them. It would be unthinkable.Although I admit it is quite scary, the worst thing we can do is show fear.

CX

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AceOfAces

Agreed!

The more i think about this, the more i just cannot see why they have to do it in a US city?

In my experience, if you want a training facility to train in that is similar to the one you will be operating in, you have one built that accomodates the similarities. If these guys are the best of the best, they have the budget to do this!

You train in surroundings that have as much realism as the eventual place you are going to put your skills into practise. Now what does this say to you when they are training in a city? Doesn't take the brains of an arch bishop does it?

I'd definately be making a note of every single place they train in this week, and give them a wide berth from now on. Also, how many areas are there around there where they can train, where you can be restricted from entering?

Surely if it was residential area or similiar, they couldn't stop you going home?

This is pure unneccessary scare tactics by the military.

CX.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Well for me that has been connected to the military due to family and my husband I am used to them.

But I wonder why New Orleans, perhaps because they already has shown the military presence in the streets during Katrina and people are more use to it? or just getting ready like many said for the Mardi Grass, I will be traveling to NO for a wedding during the Mardi Grass event so I will be in the area for a couple a days.

Now I am very interested in how many "trainings" has been going around in other cities in the nation lately.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Are people just deciding to ignore that there were military exercises held there in 2000 as well?

BEFORE 9/11
BEFORE any sign of financial crisis

All it states is that training was done there in 2000. It doesn't describe the training, just as the spokesperson conveniently avoids stating that this type of training isn't usually conducted in urban areas.
Furthermore, doing a thorough search returns no results other than reports of this event.
You would think that if they had conducted anything similar in training in NO before, there would be some evidence of it, some discussion about it, just as there is this one.
People were not prepared for this, they have no frame of reference. Even the people talking about it state over and over that they HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE! Therefore this training has not been done before and it is highly unusual and suspicious.

I have never in my life seen any military "training" in urban areas where they are in choppers, approaching buildings, landing on roofs, setting off ammunition of ANY kind. This just doesn't happen!
They have training facilities for this.
Did they need to do any of this before going into Iraq or Afghanistan?
Why is this offensive rather than defensive?

People really need to learn English and understand what isn't being said as much as what is. I don't mean that to offend you, as a writer I see it all the time in advertising and media. People never focus on what isn't being said.
In advertising it's fascinating, people put on products "now 10% less fat" and market it as a diet version, and no one notices that it was 80% fat to begin with!

Politicians also always avoid answering things in a definitive response, they blur the language, it's really quite clever and it works.
They can go back to that any time they like and say "I didn't say that this was the case, I said that 'as far as I am concerned' or 'it is my belief that'"
It leaves everything open to interpretation, and that is exactly what they've done here by stating that they carry out military exercises regularly.

They might well do, but when have they been in urban areas? When have they involved mock-battle? When have they used explosives? When have they seemingly been in preparation for a battle against their own citizens?

In the past they have been defensive, preventing attack from external forces. When before have they blatantly ran an exercise for urban combat in an urban American city obviously designed to test fighting against citizens?

I understand your reluctance to believe that there is anything untoward. This would scare the crap out of me if I was American. But then it would make me angry.

This cannot be ignored or denied, they are training to fight against Americans in an American city. They are doing it in the open to either scare people, incite suspicion or prepare the public for what is to come.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This is paranoia of biblical proportions...

These were helicopters over a city riddled with crime.

In my city we call them a name we can't say on the site but helicopters ALWAYS Are circling when looking foe a recent crime.

Why would the filmer say "Are they going to shoot me?" unless he was predisposed to not like the governement and see things a certain way?

I also heard NO explosions!

Seeing a conspiracy is different from having proof of one.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
This is paranoia of biblical proportions...

These were helicopters over a city riddled with crime.

In my city we call them a name we can't say on the site but helicopters ALWAYS Are circling when looking foe a recent crime.

Why would the filmer say "Are they going to shoot me?" unless he was predisposed to not like the governement and see things a certain way?

I also heard NO explosions!

Seeing a conspiracy is different from having proof of one.

I take it you didn't actually click the links and read?

If you had you would see statements that there is a military exercise being conducted whereby military are flying over, landing on rooftops, having mock battle and so on.
Stated by military, not conspiracy theorists.

This isn't just helicopters flying over looking for criminals.

But then you'd know this if you checked the links before posting

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
hey go to the last page and watch local news video that is posted and then tell me that its okay. these arent cops but special forces

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Just what the hell is wrong with the people of New Orleans?
Really now, why are they not raising hell over this?
11pm during the week?
With kids that have to get up for school?
This is just plain wrong on so many levels...........

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This is so odd....last night..I live in woodstock ga...about 6 hours from new orleans if you go through alabama..but anyway, late last night or actually early morning around 2-3am...I woke up due to helicopters flying over our houses, I remember it because I was commenting to my husband about being afraid they would wake our baby. He said they were probably using infrared looking for drug houses (lots of lights left on houses, or heat left by the amount of lights for marijuana, and other operations) as it was getting close to the time when they would harvest if they planted anything, or would have brought the plants in due to our recent freezing temps. well, then they kept coming and kept coming over, until he finally went out back to see what the heck was going on. There was about 5 of them, not to low, but fairly low to the houses, flying all over the freakin place. They had no lights on or anything, so they were searching for a person. This has never happened before at all..it was very very weird

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Thanks for the reply, I too couldn't find anything regarding the earlier exercises, nor any others in US cities.

I do recall similar training done in Sydney a few years ago involving black hawks and landing on buildings. Sadly, again I can't find any link for it but I remember it was on the news.

Now the point I was trying to make here is people just choose to hear whatever will strengthen their argument and ignore everything else.

As an example, there are reports of people not knowing about these activities but there were warnings, as shown in the news report I linked to.

Then there is the claim of bombs being used, there is no evidence at all showing bombs are being used, we're just taking the word of some woman, hell she might think a cap gun going off is a bomb.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from, I just feel it's plain old scare mongering and nothing more.

This marshal law/NWO rubbish has been around for years! even before ATS was started, has anything happened yet?

No.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Marg,

You need to be our eyes and ears when down there, let us know what you find out.

I'm still curious why not one mention on the news channels????????

Why so close to Mardi Gras season??????

Be careful!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Living in England and looking at america i think i can see what's going on, This isn't the first time i've seen this happen in the US -was it Denver a few weeks before the DNC that they dropped glowsticks from helicopters over crowds, landed on roofs and did all softs of army stuff all night?

I think the gov and military are doing this as a show of power, as others have pointed out normally they build towns for this or use ghost towns (i read an article about post-industrial near-ghost citys in america, can't remember any of them though -jamestown, johnstown, jonestown, something like that -huge areas of buildings with a population density lower than most back water rural counties)

The message is 'don't try to resist, we are boss' - Gun sales still through the roof, where ever i go on the internet people are demanding an armed uprising, my TV is full of doom and chaos all over the world and some of the largest economies in the world are crashing. They know that people are angry, they know that people hate them, they know that at some point in the next few years people could well stand up in sizable numbers and resist.

They want to make sure people know that this won't be the civil war again, it's not government muskets Vs rebel rifles -this time if you want to stand up and fight you're facing hell fire rocket pods, C4, fully autos, CCTV, etc, etc, etc. They want you to think that you can never win, heh they probably right.

that's why rebelion should be nonviolent.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

You can check my previous posts on other subjects if you like, but I don't follow or accept the whole NWO thing at all.
The FEMA camps in my opinion are multipurpose sites for many different scenarios. They will likely be used though for any civil unrest detainees.

I do try to look at things objectively, and I have done in this instance too.

I can understand the immediate assumption that this is exaggerated, but I really do think that fears are justified in this case. People should be asking questions.
This isn't normal at all.

I didn't see any evidence of bombs in the video. And I did see the mention of it from the woman interviewed. But there was also a mention of it from the military too.
“So, they're moving through doorways or walls or that sort of thing. They're also doing weapons proficiency,” Tiscione said.

So they are using buildings on the ground, presumably not in use since the disaster, as a training arena for urban warfare.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

This marshal law/NWO rubbish has been around for years! even before ATS was started, has anything happened yet?

No.

Does that mean it will not happen?

No...

(But I still love your new avatar)

peace

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This is not at all unusual in Louisiana.

One. Our State Police are trained as a paramilitary force and help train special operations units from all over the world, including US Special Forces. Four years of US military experience is a requirement to be considered for service in the state police. (Note: this can be avoided if the person has a four year degree or more than four years of law enforcement experience.)

Two. There are still over 200 National Guard patrolling the streets in New Orleans.

Three. This is the same state where we had a governor casually declare states of emergency, in the 1930s. I should mention he was a US Senator while illegally still serving as governor. We have quite a history with politicians going to prison. Huey P. Long, the governor I mentioned, was assasinated though.

Four. New Orleans is so corrupt that the State Police stopped assisting the NOPD with arrests after discovering only 30% of the arrests were getting prosecuted. The NOPD are notorious for confiscating weapons and personally keeping them, while releasing the person they arrested for the weapon.

Basically we just do what we want here. Do I need to mention that Napoleonic Code is our Common Law?

Lastly I want to mention this. A significant population of New Orleans is violently mentally ill. I don't know if its drugs or what, but I had an easier time working with Taliban detainees in Afghanistan than working with the evacuees from New Orleans.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
All the words I want to use, regarding this event..................

first I would get banned from ATS - with the exact words about the military doing this in New Orleans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the ____________ and ___________ and _____________ is GOING ON?????????!!!!!!!!

How can they be ALLOWED to do this?

Why? Why New Orleans too? Haven't they dealt with enough stuff?

I want to say, this last New Years, I felt the need to go to New Orleans, I don't know why....but honestly..... I made the decision and the next day, my daughter and I took off for down there and spent one week. I had the deep feeling, if I didn't go then, then I might never go again.

Please,, other people.... don't try and discount my "own" feelings, they ARE MY feelings!

Some crazy _________ is happening..... and there is no reason for this type of event to happen on American soil.

I want to say one other thing...........................

Last night I was at a - disaster meeting (for volunteers) - a monthly event, to discuss current information regarding disasters.

Well................ interesting enough, the head of the Health Dept. in the county I live in, was there...............

What he said, made me sit right up and "really" pay attention!

"They have prepared and put together a complete plan for a 'biological and anthrax terrorist attack", he went on to say "You know, it is a fact, we will have this happen before 2013". That is when I sat up and totally focused on every word coming out of his mouth!

I thought it was strange how he was "sure" an event would take place.

I preceded to ask him all kinds of questions about a 'pandemic' and his 'biological' events -

lets just say......................it wouldn't be pretty!

Sorry to have gone a little of subject, with the posting, but in many ways it is related!

edit: S & F for you!

[edit on 6-2-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Well actually training in New Orleans actually makes since there is large areas of condemned buildings that even today is still waiting to be demolished. And it gives a more realistic scenario then mock ups i trained with in the military. Also people don't drop grenades from helicopters Not when the can use lasers to mark a target as destroyed. They were flying a circle pattern over a designated target strictly observational if they were attacking a location they would be doing straight flights at low level.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I'm going to go with the logical explanation here.

New Orleans is still recovering from Katrina right? From what i've seen there are still buildings wrecked and wreckage lying around in some parts of the town, its getting back to normal but not quite and i'll go out on a limb and say that New Orleans is probably the closest thing you'll get in the US to a wartorn city in the Middle East.

Could it be that they simple are just conducting military training in a real life situation?

It's still madness that they're doing it in a big city but its more likely than not, this is the case.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join