It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My "Unicorn" Sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
OK, so before everybody starts in on me- I know this sounds crazy and no i didnt get a picture.

So, I happen to live in Lexington Kentucky, the horse capital of the world. About a year and half ago, my girlfriend's family and I were driving out deep into the country on a shortcut route between Richmond, KY and Harrodsburg, KY. Very deep farm land, mostly forests and hills, with the occasional horse farm. Not the fancy horse farms, bc this is back woods- the people who had horses didnt have thoroughbreds.

So- we were traveling down this very windy road, the kind of road where you cant see around the turn ahead of you. My girlfriend was driving, and i was gazing out of the backseat window at the country side. We had not seen a farm or house for miles.

When all of assudden, a gorgeous magnificant white thoroughbred came galloping around the hills and began for a moment galloping side by side with the car about 20 feet from me. It was pristine- handsomely groomed- perfect muscle tone- it looked like a picture. I wondered why it was here in the middle of nowhere. I cast it off to being a normal horse, when I looked closer and saw a beard on the horse. Literally- about a foot long hanging from its chin. I took a doubletake and then before we knew it it was gone. We took a turn and it was gone from sight. I said to my girlfriend- uh i think i just saw a unicorn-- she nor did anyone else in the car see it. I insisted we drive back and check, so we did and there was no horse in sight.

Why I think it was a unicorn if i didnt see its horn.

The brain works in strange ways. When your not expecting to see something you dont see it. History says that when the early native americans first saw european ships arriving, that they could only see the water moving around the ships because their brain couldnt process a ship- a modern marvel they had never seen before.

Because I only saw the horse for what seemed like a split second- it is possible that my mind saw the beard but did not see the horn because it was conflicting.

So, in the end- was it a unicorn sighting? Technically no- but it was a beautiful thoroughbred with a foot long beard, and ive never heard of a horse with a beard other than a unicorn.

My friend, who has lived in Kentucky her entire life, said that she has seen these unicorns, horses before. Sometimes they have horns, sometimes they dont. But they are the horses of the land, the spirit of the land. And they show themselves when they know someone is open and watching.

I consider myself lucky to have seen it.

The horse looked just like this unicorn picture, only the beard was longer and it didn't have a horn (that i saw)

[edit on 6-2-2009 by xynephadyn]

Mod Note: Image Size – Please Review This Link.
Changed imbedded image to link

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Did this horse have a horn or not?!
Beard, yes. Horn thing I'm not getting.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: A beard does not a unicorn make. A horn? Yes! A beard? No!

See these pics for horses with beards [not a foot long but beards just the same SO horses can grow beards], so maybe this horse had been groomed that way?

Or could it have been an extremely large goat?

Personal Disclosure: I'd bet against a dressage horse and put my money on the goat! But I wasn't there so
??? Starred and Flagged for your efforts and mine. BTW I hope you do see it again!

P.S. Evidence makes your argument and I'm hoping you can produce more if there's is a "next time" OK.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
The brain works in strange ways. When your not expecting to see something you dont see it. History says that when the early native americans first saw european ships arriving, that they could only see the water moving around the ships because their brain couldnt process a ship- a modern marvel they had never seen before.

This was actually just old-time racists intent on making the natives seem more savage and primitive than they were. Remember that they were fighting them and stealing their land at the time. Anytime something like this happens the two groups have to label and attemp to de-humanize the other.

Even in today's politically correct world you can drop a "rag-head" into a conversation about Arabs and hardly anyone will bat an eye. I'm sure that they have their own slurs they use about us.

If it were true, then you and I would have many, many experiences of not seeing something because it was "new". I can't recall any that lasted more than a split-second of simple surprise to understand what I was seeing.

The first time I saw a locomotive I did not see just a stream of steam moving past me. It's absurd.

Heh, Ok. Ranting done. ;-)

I've seen a few accounts of people having seen a unicorn. I think there were a few threads on here with some. You will have to search around. I've never seen one, so can't really say either way. It is possible for just about any animal to grow a horn, even humans, as a mutation/deformity. So I'm fairly convinced that someone at sometime has seen a "real" unicorn. The horns that grow this way tend not to look like the typical unicorn horn, but sometimes they do.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Regardless of what you may think, I saw a beautiful white horse with a flowing long beard. And when we returned to the area- it was not there.

join