It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How a Surfer Dude Stunned the World of Science With the 'Theory of Everything'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
If his theory works and is proved correct wouldn't this prove or disprove dark mater or dark energy? It should also help us find any particles that we currently don't know about.

The existence of dark mater/dark energy has already been proved, since we see their effects on space-time. What we don't know is what the stuff is.

As I understand it, this theory, if it's correct, will explain what particles are responsible for dark mater/dark energy. There are only 20 more particles (all of the 'force' type eg 'higgs boson') to be discovered, if this theory is correct. It also predicts the higgs boson.

The LHC should tell us if he is correct.

IMO it's likely he is due to the tie in between E8 and the symmetry that predicts all the characteristics of the particles that we already know.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Whooaaaa lol.

OK and the pure Math just went right over my head, but the basics of it,

So as the way symmetry of this unified field as such encapsulates reality it would allow for extra than discovered already bits of the universe, things that have been inferred from observation, like gravity, we take it as a norm, but has anyone every found a Graviton??

Nope they have not is still a bit of a mystery where the "particle" which is wrong anyhow but where the Gravity location of influence is to be found in the very small, as opposed to electrical charge, where we know and have found electrons and protons.

So this model allows for the things that we know are there but have not "caught" or seen, yet as such, a few of them to 20 odd It looks like.

That would give room for any mysterious "dark energy" or "force" fluctuations or points of energy/mass, though they would have to be very dense if this theory is correct, as from the 20 remaining "spaces" from over 200 that are filled with everyday things, protons, neutrons, gluons, all the quarks and such like, photons etc etc, well as you will know from dark matter etc, it makes up most of the universe but would it looks like account for around 4% of the area left to fill within this type of symmetry, so dense indeed.

This then make me wonder if it is right the theory, as surely if any such singular point of influence of that mass would surely be highly detectable, but just look at gravity eh... so

I think personally that Dark energy wont be found in this equation anyhow as it past the singularity so that it does not fit within these type of equations no matter how fancy the name "grand unified" etc and holy grail, go past the singularity and nothing is grand but certainly everything is unified lol,
but the mass of the dark energy is easily understandable from mini black holes, and quantum ones, or even as not a mass, which is inferred from the slowing of the expansion and red shift, but of the drag itself of the quantum flux, as the solid bits cause friction as such on it.

Just my 2c lol

Elf

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
This then make me wonder if it is right the theory, as surely if any such singular point of influence of that mass would surely be highly detectable, but just look at gravity eh... so

That's why we know about DE/DM, because we see their effects on other things. They are detectable.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
So in essence if I understand this correctly. The universe according to Lisi's model Is ever expanding then contracting in a complex geometric form. So the universe is locked in this motion that takes place over, as Carl Sagan would say billion and billions of years. If I am wrong someone please correct me. by the way starred and flagged for this....nice thread.

[edit on 2/5/2009 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Very interesting article. That guy reminds of someone in my Astronomy class. He's a skater, yet his physics and astronomy prowess and capability to understand and think about such advanced such subjects is astounding, and he's only 17. He explained Neutrinos much better than my teacher could.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Did anybody else notice the "star of David" in the mathematical patterns (with the fractals of the triangles)??

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
That's interesting, because about 15 months ago I solved 2 very big physics problems - 1. The Horizon Problem with the Big Bang, and how and where Dark Matter comes from.

I sent these theories to several physicists and universities and got the same response - basically, because I don't have a PhD or anything I am not worth listening to and couldn't know anything.

Yes, I accept they may get crack pots approaching them all the time - but I am able to talk their language (mathematics) and I was able to demonstrate that I am right.

So what's the big deal? Well, just think, if we could capture Dark Matter and manipulate it, we could literally create ANYTHING that is currently made from atoms!

I figured out how to manipulate it - but the "holier than thou" science world doesn't want to know about it. Why? Because they didn't think of it first.

No wonder science is so backward compared to out ET friends...

Ps. And no, I am not going to release my findings here…unless you are physicist and you are prepare to write a thesis and SHARE the Noble Prize! lol

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn
That's interesting, because about 15 months ago I solved 2 very big physics problems - 1. The Horizon Problem with the Big Bang, and how and where Dark Matter comes from.

I sent these theories to several physicists and universities and got the same response - basically, because I don't have a PhD or anything I am not worth listening to and couldn't know anything.

Yes, I accept they may get crack pots approaching them all the time - but I am able to talk their language (mathematics) and I was able to demonstrate that I am right.

So what's the big deal? Well, just think, if we could capture Dark Matter and manipulate it, we could literally create ANYTHING that is currently made from atoms!

I figured out how to manipulate it - but the "holier than thou" science world doesn't want to know about it. Why? Because they didn't think of it first.

No wonder science is so backward compared to out ET friends...

Ps. And no, I am not going to release my findings here…unless you are physicist and you are prepare to write a thesis and SHARE the Noble Prize! lol

You saying we can create a pizza out of dark matter?

Serious question.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I think i have seen some of the geometry .
It reminded me of a Mandela.
Very beautiful.

I envy those with the mathematical ability to skim across the subject .

I`ll just have to wait for a Bill Bryson book about it .

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'm trying to wrap my head around this as much as anybody else right now and I agree the math is way over my head. But what an interesting subject.
Regarding dark energy. Could Dark Energy be the Ocean between the Coral?
Flowing and moving allowing the Coral to grow regardless of its existance.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

Have you considered publishing your paper in an online journal? Or writing your own thesis?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This isn't exactly "BREAKING news"!

The article the op refers to is 2 years old and was discussed here on ATS 2 years ago!

ATS thread from 2 years ago.
Surfer dude theory of everything from E8

Article used in post above 2 years ago.
Surfer dude stuns physicists with theory of everything

[edit on 2/5/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This theory is not simple. It is complex.

This is not down to earth, it is highly abstract.

This is not a simplification of math, its a further complexification of it.

This is not the end game, it is not the theory of everything.

This theory may be useful for our primitive math however, and allow us to understand things such as gravity much better, so hats off to the man for the good thinking.

But I will argue, for various reasons, that this cannot possibly be the theory of everything.

The theory of everything would certainly be totally useless to us at our stage of civilization, because we have no computers capable of calculating or utilizing it in any useful manner.

So no, this is not the theory of everything, but what this is in reality, is a further unification of modern physics (well an attempt to unify).

In a billion years, maybe humans will become advanced enough to realize the simplist answer is the right answer.

These mathematical abstractions mentioned above, are far too complex and difficult for the average non-mathematician to understand, and therefore it is overcomplicated, and does not meet the requirements.

By the way, wheres the "great equation" answering all of this ? I dont believe I saw a "E=mc2" anywhere, if i missed it let me know.

If anyone is actually interested in the subject, perhaps this thread may be of some help. I actually think that ancient societies already knew the unified field theory thousands of years ago, heres why.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
what an utter load of tripe................nothing near the actual reality of the universe.

i mean a gravity particle...cmon thats so 1800's..if gravity is a particle then how do black holes contain such massive gravitational force when particles cant exist inside them?,they should be extensivly more masless if gravity is a particle but that isnt the case.....end of theory in five seconds.
physicists yeah right ,nothing but ai science sabateurs.

also pretty much shows the intelligence or lack of it which exists in the general population,i could disprove everything he says within seconds.

just another contrived behemoth of pseudoscience designed to distract away from the real nature of the universe.
thats how it goes,false theories are promoted as the truth in order to disguise the truth.

science is a lie friends, a lie to hide the truth.

mix tesla with einstien and the theory of everything is there, a hundred years ago.
i already have it lying around somewhere amidst the pile of thruths i attempt to get through to the humans.

so yes muzzleflash this theory is nonsense,distractive propaganda,anyone who is really human can see that.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by welivefortheson]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

When I read the wiki article, I was reminded of the "Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

The guy isn't totally out of the field, he just preferred to do things alone and maybe he doesn't like the stiff environment of a formal scientific establishment. Actually, having a different work environment can spark unique ideas.

I'm also partly involved in journey of cracking the secrets of space and time in my private time. The way I could find creativity is I alternate between my other hobbies(graphic arts, go-kart, and aircraft modeling) and scientific research/experiments. During research I listen to my favorite tunes - dance and techno music. Just do it how you like it, I guess, and have fun

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

You have seen it before..... Everyone here has.

The flower of life,

from which is derived these other shapes...

I guess the ancients weren't idiotic idol worshipers after all eh? Look Familiar?

India..

Temple of Osiris, Egypt...

Turkey..

China...

Leonardo Da Vinci thought it was pretty sweet also...

You know what is really cool? Ed Leedskalnin, the man who built the Coral Castle, was rumored to have generated his own power there. He said he built a machine that did it by using what he called "Magnetic Current". He said numerous times, that the world had gotten it wrong, that science was wrong about everything, and that if it wasn't set right we wouldn't "go anywhere". He wrote a book to try and explain this property he called magnetic current. On the cover of the book he drew a design, it looked like this.....

Some speculate that design was what Ed referred to as his "sweet sixteen". The design is simple enough, until you start playing around with it...

Then it starts getting interesting...

I guess eventually, all roads lead back to the source....

Maybe we have a another look at Human history, because maybe, it wasn't all stone wheels and slaves after all.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Whew ! Mind blowing, could not understand the maths and all but much simpler and easy to grasp concept

Any comments on how this can be connected to what Ken Wright proposes in his unified theory. Ken states that the gravitation force we observe in our everyday life, and the strong force that exists within atoms is one and the same force
Here is the link
Link

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I couldn't understand it myself, but those who do know seem very impressed!

Wonder if he worked out a secret of sacred geometry?

Whatever this discovery is, it's something big and it's about to be released. Too many know now.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I still think Nassim Haramein pretty much summed it up; does what this guy has to say add anything to or relate at all to Haramein's theories?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
We'll just have to wait until the LHC is fired up to find out if this works. But if this TOE is correct, it'll be the most significant discovery in physics since the atom.

As a side note, I really dislike the title of that article. It is trying to suggest to the reader that he is just an average person. The man got a bachelors in physics and mathematics with highest honors (not an easy feat) and obtained a PhD.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join