It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rahm Throws Pelosi Under The Bus To Save Stimulus Bill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Rahm Throws Pelosi Under The Bus To Save Stimulus Bill

firedoglake.com

That may well be because the architect of this strategy is Rahm Emanuel himself, and his first step was to leak that a meeting between Obama was commiserating with House Republicans about how awful the bill was. Then using Jim Cooper as a cutout, it was leaked that Obama was unhappy with the waste in the stimulus bill and that his people had urged Cooper to vote against the bill and oppose Pelosi.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Very interesting... It seems that President Obama was not happy with the stimulus bill - laded on with pork, and in fact encouraged opposition against it.

The story of the morning seems to be that the Obama team is unhappy with Nancy Pelosi and the House committee chairs for delivering up such a liberal, pork-laden bill that they themselves really had nothing to do with.

The White House had written a bill, it is claimed without any earmarks, but once it got to the House, I guess the Representatives, thought a "free lunch" for themselves was available and a perfect way to get their "pet projects" in and passed.

The House bill is notable not only for its size but also because it had no earmarks, which are the lifeblood of House members, the way they show their constituents what they're doing for them. As one person knowledgable about the writing of the bill says, "if you're in the House why would you write a bill without earmarks unless you didn't write the bill?"

I think it is wonderful the bill did not pass. My personal opinion, is the House should have gotten rid of Pelosi as the speaker. I was actually hoping Cindy Sheehan would win the seat from Pelosi, during the election. But people go with "who they know" compared to who might actually do a better job "FOR the People".

From Pelosi:
We won the election, we wrote the bill," said Pelosi as many times as she could to an open microphone. But what was happening away from the microphone made it even easier for the Republicans to hold together. All they had to do was bring up Rahm Emanuel.

Headlines this morning are filled with the theme that Obama is "losing the messaging war" over the bill. But that's mostly because he never saw it as a fight in the first place. Early polling indicated that the idea of a "stimulus" was only popular with economists who wanted to see their charts change, what the public wanted was jobs. The Obama team belatedly began calling it the "economic recovery plan," but it never stuck and the damage was done.

What they need to do, is back off on give the rest of the money for the "bailout".

That is just my humble opinion.

firedoglake.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Obama has come to understand that Pelosi fancies herself a president by proxy.

The thoughts of that half-witted country club granny having any power is terrifying as it is.

This is the first step to put her on a leash, I do however prefer the image of her being thrown under a bus, if only it weren't metaphorical.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Retseh]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Pelosi deserves to be thrown under the bus by Democrats and Republicans. She is a piece of crap in my eyes and allways uses children to hide behind. And I am a Democrat so don't start with the right wing slurs.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Pelosi deserves to be thrown under the bus by Democrats and Republicans. She is a piece of crap in my eyes and allways uses children to hide behind. And I am a Democrat so don't start with the right wing slurs.

I used to be a Democrat......NOW..... I am someone who just WANTS a govt. as our founding fathers had invisioned..........

"BY THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE"

We aren't getting that from either side anymore..... which is disheartening!

I have emailed Pelosi a few times.........telling her what I think of her.......

But - I used to email all the govt. officals, thinking I was making a difference by speaking up about issues........

I have since given that up.............. Oh Well, Truth hurts sometimes! I finally saw the truth!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The president needs to speak out aganist The witch, imo. The american peoples voice is getting stronger. I hope the president listens to it!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hey, why not use the other set of wheels for Reid before that bus gets away...
In fact, there's room for a few others.

Originally posted by questioningall
I think it is wonderful the bill did not pass.

They're trying to shove it through the senate today, the house passed it without a single republican voting for it.

Yesterday Harry Reid stood in front of congress begging that the bill pass today, so he could spend some time at home for the Presidents Day break...typical.

Today the liberal news CNN and Fox news are putting up stories with two totally different headlines.

Cnn's Headline reads: Sources: Obama thinks stimulus will pass soon

Fox's Headline reads: Obama: Pass Stimulus Now, Or Face Consequences

Those libs are trying to shove this Christmas List through so fast they couldn't possibly look through it close enough to get rid of the pork.

As I posted in a different thread... this will get the economy stimulated eh?

Liberal Brainwashing Media

• A $246 million tax break for Hollywood movie producers to buy motion picture film.

• $650 million for the digital television converter box coupon program.

More Tools to take away your Rights
• $75 million for salaries of employees at the FBI.

• $448 million for constructing the Department of Homeland Security headquarters.

• $248 million for furniture at the new Homeland Security headquarters.

• $600 million to buy hybrid vehicles for federal employees.

We're gonna need this, because we're all Screwed
• $400 million for the Centers for Disease Control to screen and prevent STD's.

God save us all...

[edit on 5-2-2009 by lernmore]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

That makes you a Constitutionalist. And thats not a bad thing to be. More and more people are starting to understand what many here and in other places have been screaming about for years. 'Its the Constitution stupid'! Its not a living document, its written in stone and its time those who scream loudest about rights start understanding just what it means to be an American who knows the Constitution!

Zindo

[edit on 2/5/2009 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
reply to post by questioningall

That makes you a Constitutionalist. And thats not a bad thing to be. More and more people are starting to understand what many here and in other places have been screaming about for years. 'Its the Constitution stupid'! Its not a living document, its written in stone and its time those who scream loudest about rights start understanding just what it means to be an American who knows the Constitution!

Zindo

[edit on 2/5/2009 by ZindoDoone]

Funny about that......... I have always thought it JUST MAKES ME AN AMERICAN! America was founded on the Consitution..... that is what makes us American's. To now say, I am something other than just a PLAIN OLE AMERICAN - due to wanting our govt. to follow - what is suppose to be our base anyway.... seems disconnected....... which also says something IS VERY WRONG right now!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
You mean, she wasn't really run over by a bus???
A man can always hope!

I remain incredulous that a.) She still holds her position, b.) the Dems allow a microphone in front of her and c.) any of her constituents think she is doing a good job.

Sadly, this pork will be passed by mid February. It will prolong the "severe recession" we are in. It will increase the national debt. It will NOT create any jobs. It will NOT stimulate anything. And mouth-breathing liberals all over the country will applaud it!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
We're gonna need this, because we're all Screwed
• $400 million for the Centers for Disease Control to screen and prevent STD's.

God save us all...

[edit on 5-2-2009 by lernmore] How funny!
Yes we are screwed!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

thats why Obama brought him, to do the dirty work. Im fed up of her already...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

I'm more woried about the ..."4 BILLION' going to ACORN! Amost nothing in this bill does anything but creat 'Make Work' jobs that will end when the monies run out, They are not self sustaining jobs!

Zindo

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Pelosi is like a mythical Hydra and it is going to take a lot more than this to bring her down. Although it is a step in the right direction. Where is Hercules when you need him?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I can not stand Pelosi at all, she was elected by people that were on the hopes of a better congress and like all the trash in Congress she is not better.

I agree that if we are to squander our tax payer dollars stimulating the economy is not room for pork

We have 435 congressional members, so as the bill gets pass around (usually to lobbyist) the pork gets to accumulate as everybody wants a piece of it.

That is not counting the 100 more congressional leaders that (their lobbyist will be also adding more pork).

That is the amount of incompetent people we have working in congress alone with their various pimps the lobbyist.

Obama has good intentions but the people he is surrounding himself with is not.

Americas people needs the bail out and we should be the priority.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
MSNBC on the Pelosi, Obama conflict

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I just wanted to try and stop the myth of 4 billion for acorn.Myths and falsehoods surrounding the economic recovery plan

In fact, the bill contains no language mentioning ACORN. The false claim is based on a misrepresentation of a provision that would appropriate $4,190,000,000 "for neighborhood stabilization activities related to emergency assistance for the redevelopment of abandoned and foreclosed homes as authorized under division B, title III of the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008." The provision requires that money will be distributed through competitive processes. It states that "not less than $3,440,000,000 shall be allocated by a competition" to "States, units of general local government, and nonprofit entities or consortia of nonprofit entities." It also provides that "up to $750,000,000 shall be awarded by competition to nonprofit entities or consortia of nonprofit entities to provide community stabilization assistance."

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Based on other concerned thoughts, Pelosi should just leave. She is not doing a good job, IMO of course.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

The point is, it was loaded up with pork, which it should not have been.
The House, thinks they can get whatever they want and put whatever they want in bills.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If Obama and gang are so unhappy, then why are they urging the Congress to pass the stimulus bill so he can sign?

You would think that he would have made a big stink about the bill in public before the house ever voted on it.

Furthermore, it falls within the price range Obama had been floating around before he took office. I believe he was quoting about 850Billion. I really believe this is Obama's stimulus plan with a few add ons.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join